Sign in with
Your question

Can i play GTA4 at a reasonable frame rate?

Last response: in Video Games
February 17, 2013 1:47:53 PM

-windows 7 ultimate
-Core 2 quad core Q9300 processor
-6 GB of RAM
-640 GB HDD
-Galaxy GT 520

By the looks of it it seems like i can. I would like to know before i would buy it.

Thanks,
Connor
February 17, 2013 1:56:36 PM

greencow said:
-windows 7 ultimate
-Core 2 quad core Q9300 processor
-6 GB of RAM
-640 GB HDD
-Galaxy GT 520

By the looks of it it seems like i can. I would like to know before i would buy it.

Thanks,
Connor

It's trash. That system itsn't made for gaming. Don't even think about it.
February 17, 2013 2:00:53 PM

Afraid your system won't be up to GTA. Sorry dude.
Related resources
February 17, 2013 2:37:04 PM

Um are you guys stupid? I play GTA4 at 1280x1024 on my Dual Core E2160 1.80GHz with a 9600GSO 384MB at medium low settings. OP has a far greater processor than me. + More ram (I only have 2GB's :/  ) The only thing that is not so great in his system is his graphics card. I'm surprised you guys recommend cards such at GTX660 and HD7850 to people who ask if they can run games at high settings at 720p. Without anti aliasing i can almost play any of todays games at high settings on my e2160 :/  1280x1024. Returning to the question.. YES you can play GTA4 at decent settings and decent graphic options just don't go above 1280x1024 and keep anti aliasing turned off. Make sure the graphics options are set to medium-lowish. Experiment on what works best for you
February 17, 2013 2:42:38 PM

haider95 said:
Um are you guys stupid? I play GTA4 at 1280x1024 on my Dual Core E2160 1.80GHz with a 9600GSO 384MB at medium low settings. OP has a far greater processor than me. + More ram (I only have 2GB's :/  ) The only thing that is not so great in his system is his graphics card. I'm surprised you guys recommend cards such at GTX660 and HD7850 to people who ask if they can run games at high settings at 720p. Without anti aliasing i can almost play any of todays games at high settings on my e2160 :/  1280x1024. Returning to the question.. YES you can play GTA4 at decent settings and decent graphic options just don't go above 1280x1024 and keep anti aliasing turned off. Make sure the graphics options are set to medium-lowish. Experiment on what works best for you

a fews things ...one GTA is a CPU hog and brings most quad cores to their knees. 2 WTF gaming at 1024 with no AA or AF ....thats worse than playing on a crappy console. That is not PC gaming .
February 17, 2013 2:44:14 PM

The GT520 is an incredibly weak graphics card. He might get it running but it's going to be at the lowest possible settings I'd imagine.
Processor is fine enough, I ran it well on my Q6600.
February 17, 2013 2:51:32 PM

envymert said:
a fews things ...one GTA is a CPU hog and brings most quad cores to their knees. 2 WTF gaming at 1024 with no AA or AF ....thats worse than playing on a crappy console. That is not PC gaming .

Not all us PC Gamers can afford to build a high end righ y'know. I had 120 Pounds i could have bought a console but i knew that i was into PC gaming so i went with this cheap system. I still believe that what i got for the price is way better than what i would've gotten on a console. (Resident evil 5 looks and feels amazing) Go away rich boy
February 17, 2013 2:53:43 PM

straight answer........NO...
u wont get acceptable framerates at any settings.....but it depends on what u consider as PLAYABLE FRAMERATE....

i got 15-25 fps with that crappy card and i definitely consider that framerate as UNPLAYABLE....A dunno about u....

ur processor is fine but your gpu is a HUGE bottleneck...
February 17, 2013 4:19:50 PM

haider95 said:
Not all us PC Gamers can afford to build a high end righ y'know. I had 120 Pounds i could have bought a console but i knew that i was into PC gaming so i went with this cheap system. I still believe that what i got for the price is way better than what i would've gotten on a console. (Resident evil 5 looks and feels amazing) Go away rich boy

So let me get this straight ..... looks and feels awesome on 1024 .....would look and feel more awesome on a console 1080.

Also for the cost of a console you could get a quad core amd, 8 gigs ram and a video card capable of running most current gent games at 1080 at med settings.

P.S I think you meant hard working rich boy ........ after years in college and my line of work sorry if I make enough money to enjoy my hobbies.
February 17, 2013 5:35:59 PM

haider95 said:

I'm a student and my monthly income is lower than what most people describe as poor, it's even lower. It's about to prioritize what is important and save money for that. I saved money for about 6 months and could finally afford a gaming setup with a GTX 670 and an i5-3570. You don't have to be rich, you just have to be patient.
February 17, 2013 8:01:26 PM

lostgamer_03 said:
I'm a student and my monthly income is lower than what most people describe as poor, it's even lower. It's about to prioritize what is important and save money for that. I saved money for about 6 months and could finally afford a gaming setup with a GTX 670 and an i5-3570. You don't have to be rich, you just have to be patient.

Not trying to make any one feel for me but i walk 2 miles to get to college to save the bus fare and put it towards a better psu :/  i'm not even allowed to work since its illegal for me to do so. I hear you on the patient bit, damn right. Also for 120 Pounds i couldn't have gotten any thing like a decent graphics card as they cost 80-90 Pounds alone. Let alone a Phenom Processor and 8GIGS of ram :/  Oh. and im 16
February 17, 2013 8:57:20 PM

What would be a good GPU upgrade?
February 17, 2013 10:15:49 PM

Budget and resolution? Make sure you have a decent Power supply unit and report back to us. If its any good i wont recommend anything further than GTX 650Ti or you can go for the HD7770 for a little lower price but the same performance. I personally have better experience with nVIDIA cards
February 18, 2013 12:13:01 AM

A 520 is a disgrace. Everything else is good but I recommend spending maybe $70-90 on a decent GPU. Maybe a 640 as that will run anything at a 720p res. No bells and whistles but you will be fine with that.
!