Gentlemen,

Off the bat, my specs are as follows:

Sager NP9370 lappy

i7-3840QM 2.8 - 3.8MHz CPU
GTX 680M 4GB GPU
16 GB GSkill 1600 RAM
240 GB Intel 520 Series SSD (FTW)
Windows 8

Blah, blah, blah. I note that so y'all see where I am coming from.

My settings are not maxed out, though they could be, but I would only run around 35 fps. I like 60 fps, so what I've done is set all settings to VERY HIGH, BUT.....here's the catch...turn your PostFX to LOW and turn OFF anti-aliasing.

I am not sure what my fps is now (insert HOW to check or find out here, please), but I know it is well over 60 fps and the graphics are STUNNING. The difference between VERY HIGH and ULTRA is truly negligible.

Try these tips out! You will be very well satisfied.

If anybody has ANY other tips to improve FPS, please post here! I'd love to know!

Also, and more importantly, how can I check my FPS??? If you say FRAPS, will that lower my fps while running in the background, or is that just if you are RECORDING?

Thanks, gents! Hope all helps, and if you could/would...please answer my elementary questions! :)

thenerdstation

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
fraps diminishes it by 5 fps at its peak, so I wouldn't be to worried about that. There's also a setting in the config that lets you use the game to test fps, but I couldn't figure it out. Go google it if you're truly curious, and then come back and teach me how to do it. :D

abeaty1

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013

Yea, I've done my share of Googling, lol. I just didn't want to download unnecessary stuff on SSD if I am not going to use it...I'd like to use FRAPS, but don't want to take a hit in FPS. I will say, turning PostFX to LOW and turning OFF anti-aliasing, my fps shot up AT LEAST double. I am getting well over 60 fps (just not sure exactly) and playing on VERY HIGH @ 1080p, so I am extremely happy.

I honestly cannot see an alteration in graphics quality with PostFX on low either. :)

May 1, 2013

You need 60 fps only during motion, so try hialgoboost. It will solve your problem.