Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
yep november is the scheduled release. the beta starts in october so the game will arive 1 month after, which is the same way it happened with bfbc2 and bf3.
im not sure it will be, there were some real issues with bf3 in the game engine only some of which could be addressed. it is very inefficient as far as threading goes and uses way more cpu than it was supposed to. from what i gather the next iteration will suite hyperthreaded and buldoser cpus much more while the current version prefers quacores and sorta crumples when hyperthreading is used... basically if hyperthreading is on you dont get the expected boost in perfomance from the game engine. instead you get a slight hit. hopefully the next iteration will improve that.

RichAC

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

huge success?

maybe on consoles?

but i mean we know at least half million bought it for pc. compared to the 4 million on consoles.

and the games only have a couple thousand online at a time.

what country are you from? if I search 64 man conquest servers for NA. usually i only see half a dozen with more then 32 players.!!! IN ALL OF NORTH AMERICA!?!?!? europe usually has like 100!! why do americans not play bf3? and top of that its mostly foreigners on the american servers too hahaha.

the truth is americans quit pc gaming along time ago. I guess us americans expect quality smooth gameplay and sportsmanship. The only only countries popular for hosting game servers now is Brazil and Germany. for all games.

the truth is the fact origin goes down a couple times a month. the fact it feels like it viruses our machines,,,, memory leaks dwm.exe etc...........so many accounts stolen by russian hackers. Anonymous has even warned bf3 about it at one point. the game feels uber hacked compared to bc2. I mean bot city. hack sites are even selling the ability to crash servers. I mean its like scumbag central. Honest admins getting their servers ddos'd on a regular basis....the fact that the game memory leaks for most machines noticeable on 64 man 1000+ ticket servers. even the fkn ps3 has constant freezing and disconnects. laggiest fps i ever played in my life.

its sad but i dont' have a clue why they are even making bf4. maybe intel, amd and nvidia pay them to?

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

I'm in Canada and I don't seem to have the same issue finding servers. That said, who cares if you have 20 or 1000 servers? Just hop in a server that's 3/4 full and you're good to go, no?

Also, I shouldn't have used the word success as there's different definitions to it depending on who you ask. By success, i meant they brought the Battlefield series back to its origin (the bad company series weren't as good IMO as BF2).

I wish they would continue to develop content for BF3 through Premium or additional packs...and this coming from someone who doesn't have premium. I also feel that BF4 wouldn't be as much of a step forward as BF3 was to BF2 (as BF2 was to BF 1942).

I'm just getting a bad vibe from this whole BF4 situation...it's too early to make the miracles that BF4 needs to be...IMO.

I have no problem finding servers for any BF3 game type.

I'm with you Alex. I think it's even too early for BF4. I have a lot to do yet in BF3. There are so many maps to play in multi-player and so many game modes, it's hard to get bored.

I feel bad for anyone who only knows the single-player side of this game.

RichAC

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
If all you had was one server you could join, you could still say you never have trouble finding games.

I just think its telling. I think it confirms most people quit the game. Something Developers should pay attention to and not pretend doesn't exist. I got banned from the forums for a week for begging the people calling me liars to prove me wrong with a screenshot.

I think most people have technical problems and the game is full of unsportsmanlike players, and thats why most people have quit the game. Bc2 had way more players, I think because it had less of these isues. for many reasons i won't go into.

as it is most admins don't even shuffle teams anymore, and most people lag or memory leak towards the end of matches.

If you think theres nothing wrong with the fact most people quit the game.....then thats on you. I guess consoles deserve all the attention they get.

what do you mean unsportsmanlike like players... its mass carnage and as long as the other guy isnt cheating i dont care what weps he uses.. i certainly dont cry about tubes or op weapons...
the 1 thing that killed the game for me was the balancing of weapons. an ak is a much more powerful weapon than an ar15 yes its not as accurate but in the hands of a skilled shooter (real life) it will cut through walls like butter. while an ar would struggle with its 5.56 rounds. the 7.62 is a much heavier bullet so in reality does a lot more damage but in the game its no better for penetration or stopping power.
the pdw has a 6.5mm round thats a full 10mm shorter then the 5.56 but has very similar accuracey while retaining most of the stopping power of the 7.62 ak round....
does it make a difference?...
nope!...
the point of having different weapons with different ammo is to create tactical use but in an fps shooter that people are playing run and gun it means nothing.

personally i would be much happier if you got knocked back more depending on the bullet your hit with. an FMJ ak round would floor you wile tearing shreads out of your Kevlar while a 5.56 round would likely hit your body armor and stop you running but would be unlikely to knock you down.
i would also prefer cumlative damage rather than the current system. where if you get shot in the arm you cant aim steady till your med kit is used or if your shot in the leg you can run again till a med kit is used...
another feature would be weapon load out. i see guys running as fast with a 17lb (empty) 22lb full saw with 300 rounds of spare ammo at 5lbs per 100 rounds. giving a grand total of 37lbs and thats not including the 15lbs of a rpg anti tank with 3 spare rounds. and each of them can weigh anywhere from 5-10 lbs each...
even a 6'.4" 240lb American footballer would struggle to get anything more than a trot going.

putting weight limits on the load outs is a much more sensible idea for tactical gameplay and certainly if your gonna run on to the battle field with an lmg/rpg medkits and ammo you certainly shouldnt be as nimble as a shock trooper with an mp5 and 3 nades.

i know im ranting. but hey... i need to get it out there and maybe 1 of the devs will read it and think hmmm... maybe we can do something with it.

RichAC

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
in bf2 we were able to play with friendly fire on dude. try that on these servers....lmao.

i remember texas teamplayer my fav bf gaming community. what happened to them? they changed to teamplayergaming and it went downhill.

the game needs more valvelike autobalances. why do you think valve games are so popular. the team balancing in bf3 is fake. most admins don't even shuffle teams.

and yes there is cheats galore in the game. but teams still mean more for your k/d then aim.

your not wrong there if your a team player. a good team can change the course of a battle as my ex clan mates often did when we got our act together on bfbc2. the 4 of us could literally stop an advance in its tracks just by supporting each other with 1 medic 1 engineer and 2 assault. when it worked it was great fun but sometimes it didnt and then it became a nightmare with players blaming there team mates because they inadvertently spawned at the other side of the map or had the wrong kit for that battle.

i have seen single guys running round with a medic kit spammed in front of them and come off the server with 100 kills for 3 daths on market place on bf3... you watch em and they really are out for themselves and do little to help the battle plan.
more often than not these guys got to rank 100 first. me im still in the mid 40's as i stoped playing when premium came out and they refused to re-embuse me or drop the price as i had just bought b2k the week b4.

RichAC

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
I literally only ever see one 64 man b2k server, if that.

I was thinking of just buying the aftermath expansion.....but half of them are premium only.

the subscription model implies people actually play this game. EA is delusional.

I see full 64, 32, 40, 24, etc...-player servers all the time. I have a favorites list by which 10 of the servers have a queue built up just about every evening. The only time the population wanes is in the wee morning hours just before dawn.

I couldn't even imagine not being able to play or only being able to choose one server.

Are you in the U.S. richac? What filters are active in your server browser?

RichAC

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

post a screen shot for north america please. :)

and sure even if there is one server i could join i can say i have a server to play on. thats not the issue. I'm just noting the fact half a million people bought the game and only a couple thousand play it.

If that doesn't concern you so be it.... I'm sure pc gaming and the bf series have a healthy future..../sarcasm

i have said in north america for 64 man/ranked/pb/conquest servers. there is usually only half a dozen with more then 32 players.

I have gotten banned on the battlelog forums for asking the people trolling me to prove me wrong with screenshots. In Europe i have seen 100 servers. there is a huge diff there.

one diff i notice is on european servers noone talks. almost noone ever talks...its great i never lag on their servers.

but on american servers....its fkn troll city. chat box is constanlty getting spammed...and i start lagging to ***. in fact most of the players on the american servers are foreigners on top of that. EA pretends the *** doesnt happen lmao.
its never happened.

Yeah. The people that spam the chat box the most are always complaining that someone's a shotgun noob, or someone's an M16 noob, or someone uses a noob tube too much; always complaining as they sit in the bottom 3rd of their team's rank.

I make it a point to keep shooting them. It's my own personal challenge at that point. I seek them out and watch the chat box.

Then the complaint is too many hackers on this server, blah, blah, blah.

Or they keep blaming their bad performance on lag. If only they could use the same excuse with their girlfriend?

Makes me wonder if richac may be having a hardware issue? richac, what kind of hardware are you running with? Can you show us a picture?

Fortunately, I haven't experienced too much lag. I can't put it into a picture for richac, but the game is pretty awesome in my opinion.

To be fair, and because no game is perfect, an issues I do see daily:
Game sticks in 'Initializing...' phase when trying to join a match A LOT. I have to keep task manager up because if you close a game in the 'Initializing...' phase, it doesn't kill the BF3.exe process. I have to kill it manually at that point and try again. It has been this way since the beginning of this game. For this reason, I hate the browser-driven game launcher. This is the biggest and only annoyance I have with this game.

All in all it's a great game on the PC even in the good ol' U.S.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS