Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Bf4

Last response: in Video Games
February 17, 2013 6:49:17 PM

does anybody know what year bf4 comes out?

More about : bf4

February 17, 2013 6:57:33 PM

november this year
Score
February 17, 2013 8:05:52 PM

It isn't coming out soon I can tell you that ;) . It's not announced yet, so I (or anybody else for that matter) cannot tell you the date.
Score
Related resources
February 17, 2013 8:14:08 PM

i'm sure I've seen some semi-official that its november, which has mightly annoyed some people.
Score

Best solution

February 18, 2013 1:02:30 AM

yep november is the scheduled release. the beta starts in october so the game will arive 1 month after, which is the same way it happened with bfbc2 and bf3.
February 18, 2013 2:02:51 AM

thanks for the answers guys. i still think its bs to play the beta just to but moh warfighter. oh well at least i can see some gameplay on youtube :p 
Score
February 18, 2013 2:03:28 AM

lol i meant to say buy moh
Score
February 18, 2013 11:34:17 AM

Deep down inside, I'm excited for BF4...but I think it's way too early. This means that BF3 will be the most short lived game in the series (despite it's huge success).

I think BF4 @ Q4 is a mistake...
Score
February 18, 2013 12:57:43 PM

im not sure it will be, there were some real issues with bf3 in the game engine only some of which could be addressed. it is very inefficient as far as threading goes and uses way more cpu than it was supposed to. from what i gather the next iteration will suite hyperthreaded and buldoser cpus much more while the current version prefers quacores and sorta crumples when hyperthreading is used... basically if hyperthreading is on you dont get the expected boost in perfomance from the game engine. instead you get a slight hit. hopefully the next iteration will improve that.
Score
February 18, 2013 1:23:50 PM

Yea it's probably due in November.
I think it should be out in Q4 of 2014 so every 3 years would be pretty good for a BF game.
Score
February 18, 2013 2:00:06 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
Deep down inside, I'm excited for BF4...but I think it's way too early. This means that BF3 will be the most short lived game in the series (despite it's huge success).

I think BF4 @ Q4 is a mistake...

huge success?

maybe on consoles?

but i mean we know at least half million bought it for pc. compared to the 4 million on consoles.

and the games only have a couple thousand online at a time.

what country are you from? if I search 64 man conquest servers for NA. usually i only see half a dozen with more then 32 players.!!! IN ALL OF NORTH AMERICA!?!?!? europe usually has like 100!! why do americans not play bf3? and top of that its mostly foreigners on the american servers too hahaha.

the truth is americans quit pc gaming along time ago. I guess us americans expect quality smooth gameplay and sportsmanship. The only only countries popular for hosting game servers now is Brazil and Germany. for all games.

the truth is the fact origin goes down a couple times a month. the fact it feels like it viruses our machines,,,, memory leaks dwm.exe etc...........so many accounts stolen by russian hackers. Anonymous has even warned bf3 about it at one point. the game feels uber hacked compared to bc2. I mean bot city. hack sites are even selling the ability to crash servers. I mean its like scumbag central. Honest admins getting their servers ddos'd on a regular basis....the fact that the game memory leaks for most machines noticeable on 64 man 1000+ ticket servers. even the fkn ps3 has constant freezing and disconnects. laggiest fps i ever played in my life.

its sad but i dont' have a clue why they are even making bf4. maybe intel, amd and nvidia pay them to?
Score
February 18, 2013 6:15:22 PM

RichAC said:
huge success?

maybe on consoles?

but i mean we know at least half million bought it for pc. compared to the 4 million on consoles.

and the games only have a couple thousand online at a time.

what country are you from? if I search 64 man conquest servers for NA. usually i only see half a dozen with more then 32 players.!!! IN ALL OF NORTH AMERICA!?!?!? europe usually has like 100!! why do americans not play bf3? and top of that its mostly foreigners on the american servers too hahaha.

the truth is americans quit pc gaming along time ago. I guess us americans expect quality smooth gameplay and sportsmanship. The only only countries popular for hosting game servers now is Brazil and Germany. for all games.

the truth is the fact origin goes down a couple times a month. the fact it feels like it viruses our machines,,,, memory leaks dwm.exe etc...........so many accounts stolen by russian hackers. Anonymous has even warned bf3 about it at one point. the game feels uber hacked compared to bc2. I mean bot city. hack sites are even selling the ability to crash servers. I mean its like scumbag central. Honest admins getting their servers ddos'd on a regular basis....the fact that the game memory leaks for most machines noticeable on 64 man 1000+ ticket servers. even the fkn ps3 has constant freezing and disconnects. laggiest fps i ever played in my life.

its sad but i dont' have a clue why they are even making bf4. maybe intel, amd and nvidia pay them to?

I'm in Canada and I don't seem to have the same issue finding servers. That said, who cares if you have 20 or 1000 servers? Just hop in a server that's 3/4 full and you're good to go, no?

Also, I shouldn't have used the word success as there's different definitions to it depending on who you ask. By success, i meant they brought the Battlefield series back to its origin (the bad company series weren't as good IMO as BF2).

I wish they would continue to develop content for BF3 through Premium or additional packs...and this coming from someone who doesn't have premium. I also feel that BF4 wouldn't be as much of a step forward as BF3 was to BF2 (as BF2 was to BF 1942).

I'm just getting a bad vibe from this whole BF4 situation...it's too early to make the miracles that BF4 needs to be...IMO.
Score
February 18, 2013 6:23:41 PM

I have no problem finding servers for any BF3 game type.

I'm with you Alex. I think it's even too early for BF4. I have a lot to do yet in BF3. There are so many maps to play in multi-player and so many game modes, it's hard to get bored.

I feel bad for anyone who only knows the single-player side of this game.
Score
February 18, 2013 7:00:30 PM

much to early, if anything it should be BF3.5 and an engine update, true bf4 should be Nov 2014.
Score
February 18, 2013 7:58:50 PM

If all you had was one server you could join, you could still say you never have trouble finding games.

I just think its telling. I think it confirms most people quit the game. Something Developers should pay attention to and not pretend doesn't exist. I got banned from the forums for a week for begging the people calling me liars to prove me wrong with a screenshot.

I think most people have technical problems and the game is full of unsportsmanlike players, and thats why most people have quit the game. Bc2 had way more players, I think because it had less of these isues. for many reasons i won't go into.

as it is most admins don't even shuffle teams anymore, and most people lag or memory leak towards the end of matches.

If you think theres nothing wrong with the fact most people quit the game.....then thats on you. I guess consoles deserve all the attention they get.
Score
February 18, 2013 8:27:00 PM

Best answer selected by tna135.
Score
February 18, 2013 10:47:44 PM

what do you mean unsportsmanlike like players... its mass carnage and as long as the other guy isnt cheating i dont care what weps he uses.. i certainly dont cry about tubes or op weapons...
the 1 thing that killed the game for me was the balancing of weapons. an ak is a much more powerful weapon than an ar15 yes its not as accurate but in the hands of a skilled shooter (real life) it will cut through walls like butter. while an ar would struggle with its 5.56 rounds. the 7.62 is a much heavier bullet so in reality does a lot more damage but in the game its no better for penetration or stopping power.
the pdw has a 6.5mm round thats a full 10mm shorter then the 5.56 but has very similar accuracey while retaining most of the stopping power of the 7.62 ak round....
does it make a difference?...
nope!...
the point of having different weapons with different ammo is to create tactical use but in an fps shooter that people are playing run and gun it means nothing.

personally i would be much happier if you got knocked back more depending on the bullet your hit with. an FMJ ak round would floor you wile tearing shreads out of your Kevlar while a 5.56 round would likely hit your body armor and stop you running but would be unlikely to knock you down.
i would also prefer cumlative damage rather than the current system. where if you get shot in the arm you cant aim steady till your med kit is used or if your shot in the leg you can run again till a med kit is used...
another feature would be weapon load out. i see guys running as fast with a 17lb (empty) 22lb full saw with 300 rounds of spare ammo at 5lbs per 100 rounds. giving a grand total of 37lbs and thats not including the 15lbs of a rpg anti tank with 3 spare rounds. and each of them can weigh anywhere from 5-10 lbs each...
even a 6'.4" 240lb American footballer would struggle to get anything more than a trot going.

putting weight limits on the load outs is a much more sensible idea for tactical gameplay and certainly if your gonna run on to the battle field with an lmg/rpg medkits and ammo you certainly shouldnt be as nimble as a shock trooper with an mp5 and 3 nades.

i know im ranting. but hey... i need to get it out there and maybe 1 of the devs will read it and think hmmm... maybe we can do something with it.
Score
February 18, 2013 11:32:36 PM

in bf2 we were able to play with friendly fire on dude. try that on these servers....lmao.

i remember texas teamplayer my fav bf gaming community. what happened to them? they changed to teamplayergaming and it went downhill.

the game needs more valvelike autobalances. why do you think valve games are so popular. the team balancing in bf3 is fake. most admins don't even shuffle teams.

and yes there is cheats galore in the game. but teams still mean more for your k/d then aim.
Score
February 19, 2013 2:14:07 AM

your not wrong there if your a team player. a good team can change the course of a battle as my ex clan mates often did when we got our act together on bfbc2. the 4 of us could literally stop an advance in its tracks just by supporting each other with 1 medic 1 engineer and 2 assault. when it worked it was great fun but sometimes it didnt and then it became a nightmare with players blaming there team mates because they inadvertently spawned at the other side of the map or had the wrong kit for that battle.

i have seen single guys running round with a medic kit spammed in front of them and come off the server with 100 kills for 3 daths on market place on bf3... you watch em and they really are out for themselves and do little to help the battle plan.
more often than not these guys got to rank 100 first. me im still in the mid 40's as i stoped playing when premium came out and they refused to re-embuse me or drop the price as i had just bought b2k the week b4.
Score
February 19, 2013 10:13:55 AM

I literally only ever see one 64 man b2k server, if that.

I was thinking of just buying the aftermath expansion.....but half of them are premium only.

the subscription model implies people actually play this game. EA is delusional.
Score
February 19, 2013 10:19:29 AM

I see full 64, 32, 40, 24, etc...-player servers all the time. I have a favorites list by which 10 of the servers have a queue built up just about every evening. The only time the population wanes is in the wee morning hours just before dawn.

I couldn't even imagine not being able to play or only being able to choose one server.

Are you in the U.S. richac? What filters are active in your server browser?
Score
February 19, 2013 10:47:38 AM

ubercake said:
I see full 64, 32, 40, 24, etc...-player servers all the time. I have a favorites list by which 10 of the servers have a queue built up just about every evening. The only time the population wanes is in the wee morning hours just before dawn.

I couldn't even imagine not being able to play or only being able to choose one server.

Are you in the U.S. richac? What filters are active in your server browser?

post a screen shot for north america please. :) 

and sure even if there is one server i could join i can say i have a server to play on. thats not the issue. I'm just noting the fact half a million people bought the game and only a couple thousand play it.

If that doesn't concern you so be it.... I'm sure pc gaming and the bf series have a healthy future..../sarcasm

i have said in north america for 64 man/ranked/pb/conquest servers. there is usually only half a dozen with more then 32 players.

I have gotten banned on the battlelog forums for asking the people trolling me to prove me wrong with screenshots. In Europe i have seen 100 servers. there is a huge diff there.

one diff i notice is on european servers noone talks. almost noone ever talks...its great i never lag on their servers.

but on american servers....its fkn troll city. chat box is constanlty getting spammed...and i start lagging to ***. in fact most of the players on the american servers are foreigners on top of that. EA pretends the *** doesnt happen lmao.
its never happened.
Score
February 19, 2013 11:25:21 AM

Yeah. The people that spam the chat box the most are always complaining that someone's a shotgun noob, or someone's an M16 noob, or someone uses a noob tube too much; always complaining as they sit in the bottom 3rd of their team's rank.

I make it a point to keep shooting them. It's my own personal challenge at that point. I seek them out and watch the chat box.

Then the complaint is too many hackers on this server, blah, blah, blah.

Or they keep blaming their bad performance on lag. If only they could use the same excuse with their girlfriend?

Makes me wonder if richac may be having a hardware issue? richac, what kind of hardware are you running with? Can you show us a picture?

Fortunately, I haven't experienced too much lag. I can't put it into a picture for richac, but the game is pretty awesome in my opinion.

To be fair, and because no game is perfect, an issues I do see daily:
Game sticks in 'Initializing...' phase when trying to join a match A LOT. I have to keep task manager up because if you close a game in the 'Initializing...' phase, it doesn't kill the BF3.exe process. I have to kill it manually at that point and try again. It has been this way since the beginning of this game. For this reason, I hate the browser-driven game launcher. This is the biggest and only annoyance I have with this game.

All in all it's a great game on the PC even in the good ol' U.S.A.
Score
February 19, 2013 11:51:56 AM

Hey necudo! Can you take a picture of that? lol
Score
February 19, 2013 12:26:36 PM

necudo said:
http://www.gametracker.com/search/bf3/US/?&sort=c_numpl...
and now its only 9am in us

gametracker? lol and so a whole 20 servers with more then 32 players. wow. check it again at 9 pm. see if its theres much of a diff.

and thats with no filters and all expansions. you proved my point.

I also only play ranked, pb, conquest only. (otherwise i might as well play on console)

oh and only vanilla bf3.

only other expansions with as many as vanilla bf3 is aftermath. maybe for another half dozen if lucky.
Score
February 19, 2013 12:32:37 PM

ubercake said:
Yeah. The people that spam the chat box the most are always complaining that someone's a shotgun noob, or someone's an M16 noob, or someone uses a noob tube too much; always complaining as they sit in the bottom 3rd of their team's rank.

I make it a point to keep shooting them. It's my own personal challenge at that point. I seek them out and watch the chat box.

Then the complaint is too many hackers on this server, blah, blah, blah.

Or they keep blaming their bad performance on lag. If only they could use the same excuse with their girlfriend?

Makes me wonder if richac may be having a hardware issue? richac, what kind of hardware are you running with? Can you show us a picture?

Fortunately, I haven't experienced too much lag. I can't put it into a picture for richac, but the game is pretty awesome in my opinion.

To be fair, and because no game is perfect, an issues I do see daily:
Game sticks in 'Initializing...' phase when trying to join a match A LOT. I have to keep task manager up because if you close a game in the 'Initializing...' phase, it doesn't kill the BF3.exe process. I have to kill it manually at that point and try again. It has been this way since the beginning of this game. For this reason, I hate the browser-driven game launcher. This is the biggest and only annoyance I have with this game.

All in all it's a great game on the PC even in the good ol' U.S.A.

check my profile on battlelog. its richac. i do fine in the game. I don't even have to use any noob weapons or exploit anything. noones complaining about being gimped. I just call it like i see it, because the future of pc gaming is bleak in general and i'd like more people to play with. not a privileged few.

the main issues for MOST people are random disconnects and crashes, horrible latency in game, or memory leaks towards the end of matches.

I can't be brushed off as a whiny noob....

and all the complaints your talking about are valid. I'm talking about trolls in chat box bragging about how good they are dominating on their stacked team or making fun of others or putting down teamates...
Score
February 19, 2013 12:43:15 PM

Yeah. That does get annoying. There's always the 'H' key to hide it altogether.

I just don't have the same problems.

Network issues maybe? I just don't see all the problems you do. So it's hard for me to relate.
Score
February 19, 2013 12:45:42 PM

i read about all the problems in the forums. i never have rubberbanding issues myself. but i' have had people on my friends list complain about it. and i read about it on a daily basis in the forums.

I don't know how you can think there is alot of people playing this game. Or not wonder why most people quit. How could you not even think about these things. Better yet....how can EA themselves not care.

my only problem is i can't join 1000+ ticket servers.....or the chat box starts hitching my game. it happens to most people believe it or not. was even a big issue in bc2....but bc2 had a better development team that patched the issue. theres not enough people playing bf3 for EA to care i guess LMAO.

but if i avoid 1000+ ticket servers i have no issues.

but that severely limits how many servers i can join. so the half dozen ranked, pb, 64 man conquest servers in america......becomes only one or two.

so i find myself playing on mostly foreign servers, with no lag, not chat spam, and no performance issues.
Score
February 19, 2013 12:46:40 PM

RichAC said:
gametracker? lol and so a whole 20 servers with more then 32 players. wow. check it again at 9 pm. see if its theres much of a diff.

and thats with no filters and all expansions. you proved my point.

I also only play ranked, pb, conquest only. (otherwise i might as well play on console)

oh and only vanilla bf3.

only other expansions with as many as vanilla bf3 is aftermath. maybe for another half dozen if lucky.

I play hardcore or normal. Set the filter for any game type. Also, I have all of the maps. Maybe that's why I always have a number of full servers to play on?

There are always more people on in the evening.
Score
February 19, 2013 12:47:56 PM

Richac, your couple of posts have been nothing more then a obvious fanboy attacks.I think people are just too spoiled these days.Back in my time i could only dream about online gaming with game looking like BF3.Back then if you had 28k connection and downloading 3mb mp3 song for 30 min you were king in the city.You should be greateful to even game like this exists and developed in the first place and to choose between many servers,there's only 1 game like that between millions of others. And you should be greateful for not living in North Korea or 60% of the world that even not have internet connection,let itself a capable pc or console.
Score
February 19, 2013 12:51:39 PM

RichAC said:
i read about all the problems in the forums. i never rubberbanded. but i'ave had people on my friends list complain about it. and i read about it on a daily basis.

my only problem is i can't join 1000+ ticket servers.....or the chat box starts hitching my game.

but if i avoid 1000+ ticket servers i have no issues.

but that severely limits how manys ervers i can join. so the half dozen ranke, pb, 64 man conquest servers in america......becomes only one or two.

so i find myself playing on mostly foreign servers, with no lag, not chat troll, and no performance issues.

I have, in fact, rubberbanded. But this is so infrequent (once every few months or so), it isn't even something I worry about. And I get annoyed by the 'Initializing...' issue. So I'm pretty picky.

My ping times on just about every server I play on are less than 30ms. Most of the time they are in the teens.

I guess I'd complain of lag too if I were playing on European servers all the time (not living in Europe myself) with ping times of at least double that.
Score
February 19, 2013 12:53:27 PM

da3ndorphin3 said:
Richac, your couple of posts have been nothing more then a obvious fanboy attacks.I think people are just too spoiled these days.Back in my time i could only dream about online gaming with game looking like BF3.Back then if you had 28k connection and downloading 3mb mp3 song for 30 min you were king in the city.You should be greateful to even game like this exists and developed in the first place and to choose between many servers,there's only 1 game like that between millions of others. And you should be greateful for not living in North Korea or 60% of the world that even not have internet connection,let itself a capable pc or console.

and your post is the obvious mad nerd. hahaha

20 servers with more then 32 players in all of the usa...with no filters and all expansions. so what if its 10 am. theres not much of a diff what time it is. even if there is double that at peak evening hours. its still fkn sad.

you nerds see nothing wrong with that?

I should be grateful? that most people are driven from the pc to consoles, for the all the reasons i've stated. we shouldn't try to encourage these deveopers to improve things?

I guess thats not a surprise. Since most of you like feeling like the superior minority playing on the pc in the first place. You enjoy bragging how you are one of the few who's pc and skills can hang in the game.....laff.

Just like the selfish hackers who think they are something special.
Score
February 19, 2013 12:55:49 PM

ubercake said:
I have, in fact, rubberbanded. But this is so infrequent (once every few months or so), it isn't even something I worry about. And I get annoyed by the 'Initializing...' issue. So I'm pretty picky.

My ping times on just about every server I play on are less than 30ms. Most of the time they are in the teens.

I guess I'd complain of lag too if I were playing on European servers all the time (not living in Europe myself) with ping times of at least double that.

i don't lag. read my posts? lol.

you should try playing in europe sometime wit 80 ping. you won't even notice a diff in latency.

alot of people do have issues though apparently.

i find it extremely ignorant.... that people think its only a few having issues. when more then half a million people bought the game....and only thousands are playing it.

in reality only a handful of people DON'T have issues.... and if you think its because they don't now how to configure their pc. when most of the people who even will buy a pc game nowadays are people who have been gaming for years....makes you also sorely arrogant and naive.
Score
February 19, 2013 1:00:09 PM

I would be playing if I could right now. It's just not allowed at the office.
Score
February 19, 2013 1:03:51 PM

RichAC said:
and your post is the obvious mad nerd. hahaha

20 servers with more then 32 players in all of the usa...with no filters and all expansions. so what if its 10 am. theres not much of a diff what time it is. even if there is double that at peak evening hours. its still fkn sad.

you nerds see nothing wrong with that?

I should be grateful? that most people are driven from the pc to consoles, for the all the reasons i've stated. we shouldn't try to encourage these deveopers to improve things?

I guess thats not a surprise. Since most of you like feeling like the superior minority playing on the pc in the first place. You enjoy bragging how you are one of the few who's pc and skills can hang in the game.....laff.

Just like the selfish hackers who think they are something special.

We're all just a bunch selfish hacker nerds and richac is kewl.

This type of message is similar to what I see in BF3 chat spam.

My advice to richac is if you don't like it, don't play. Cast your vote with your pocketbook. If enough people feel the same way you do, the franchise will end and something else out there that's better will take its place.
Score
February 19, 2013 1:04:42 PM

RichAC said:

...but on american servers....its fkn troll city. chat box is constanlty getting spammed...and i start lagging to ***. in fact most of the players on the american servers are foreigners on top of that. EA pretends the *** doesnt happen lmao.
its never happened.

Lagging?... Read your post, thanks.
Score
February 19, 2013 1:09:44 PM

ubercake said:
We're all just a bunch selfish hacker nerds and richac is kewl.

This type of message is similar to what I see in BF3 chat spam.

My advice to richac is if you don't like it, don't play. Cast your vote with your pocketbook. If enough people feel the same way you do, the franchise will end and something else out there that's better will take its place.

I already said the messages that annoy you in american chat spams are valid. I've stated the chat spams, which are diff, that concern me.

and oh i will fkn play alright since i paid for the game.

but i won't be buying bf4. your 20 servers will become 10 in all of north america lol. I can guarantee that.

already some of my fav servers have gone offline permanently. either they kept getting ddos'd. or their clan members and donors just stopped playing the game. servers i'm sure you've played on...since there is so many servers haha. servers like FAP, or ATF....etc...

I'm glad you guys are telling yourself the game is popular and pc gaming is on the rise.

and the franchise will not end. They will just cut alot of jobs and soley go to work for console. just like EA Sports, the division of ea that has abandoned the pc altogether years ago. The company that revolutionized graphics on the computer and started the fkn ea franchise in the late 80s.

You will all also be forced to buy a console, thats a more controlled and powerless environment, Just like I am if i want to play tiger woods or madden. then we will see who's grateful.
Score
February 19, 2013 1:22:57 PM

RichAC said:
I already said the messages that annoy you in american chat spams are valid. I've stated the chat spams, which are diff, that concern me.

and oh i will fkn play alright since i paid for the game.

but i won't be buying bf4. your 20 servers will become 10 in all of north america lol. I can guarantee that.

already some of my fav servers have gone offline permanently. either they kept getting ddos'd. or their clan members and donors just stopped playing the game. servers i'm sure you've played on...since there is so many servers haha. servers like FAP, or ATF....etc...

I'm glad you guys are telling yourself the game is popular and pc gaming is on the rise.

and the franchise will not end. They will just cut alot of jobs and soley go to work for console. just like EA Sports, the division of ea that has abandoned the pc altogether years ago. The company that revolutionized graphics on the computer and started the fkn ea franchise in the late 80s.

You will all also be forced to buy a console, thats a more controlled and powerless environment, Just like I am if i want to play tiger woods or madden. then we will see who's grateful.

Honestly, I don't care if BF3's popular. I like it. It's fun.

If people quit buying it and it loses popularity, they'll stop making it and I'll have to look for something else. bfd.

I know PC gaming is on the decline. Desktop PC sales are on the decline as the general populace embraces finger-swipey games on their iShat. Not much can be done about that. Hopefully, they will come up with some kind of device that plays at the quality level of my PC on my TV or something portable in the future as the finger-swipey fans demand more of their gaming experience over time. We can only hope.
Score
February 19, 2013 1:26:03 PM

Richac how old are you?like 12? Why the hell are u trolling? Go put sticker on forehead "i am a console fanboy" and play it.
Your last posts in other threads(and this) tells you really you think PC is dead/dying.
Do you even know what kind of crap is it? Can you imagine what would happend if PC gaming dies?
-PC hardware are leading the future of gaming,this mean if pc gaming dies ther's no longer need for gaming cpu,gpu-s.Intel,AMD,AMD RADEON,Nvidia would lose billions of billions,not to mention companys that prouce/invent RAM,coolers etc etc.
This mean gpu like GTX 660(not Ti couse ther's no need) would come 1 time in 5 years to play minecraft and would cost like 690/7990 now.
This would mean consoles that came out in 2005,have gpu similiar to gt7800,now after 7 years would upgrade to gt9800,and would cost fortune.Not to mention cpu and other.
So basically wishing PC gaming dies,would mean any gaming would die.
Score
February 19, 2013 1:27:37 PM

Its like comparing Ford Fiesta vs Ferrari.Ford is selling with millions a year,ferrari in thousands.So this mean ferrari and other would die?
If you have money play PC,if you dont have/have other priorities play on consoles
Score
February 19, 2013 1:31:28 PM

did you not read i can't buy madden or tiger woods for the pc?

they hae a free browser version of tiger woods on the pc with shittier graphics then the console and no gameplay!!!! is this what i should spend money building a pc for?

for games like LoL and tf2 or sc2, the only games we can consider popular and competitive.....i should buy a 400 dollar graphics card for? for games that its not even needed for?

what are you a delusional nerd?

if bf keeps going in this direction the same thing will happen. I am warning you that soon only the bf free to play browser micro transaction scam version is all that would be left for your beastly rig. lmao.

whats on paper really doesn't matter when it comes to reality. consoles come out every 7 years. try to play crysis 3 on a 7 year old pc. well you can on console hardware buddy boy. so stop with the whats under the hood nonsense.......when its the driver that wins the races. (as in video drivers and optimizations :) )
Score
February 19, 2013 1:39:04 PM

richac, I don't want to fuel your fire too much (like you need it), but MOH Warfighter is definitely a step in the wrong direction. Resembles a console port big time. Favors the use of an Xbox-style controller on the PC.

I still think BF3 is the best game I've played to date.
Score
February 19, 2013 1:43:50 PM

ubercake said:
richac, I don't want to fuel your fire too much (like you need it), but MOH Warfighter is definitely a step in the wrong direction. Resembles a console port big time. Favors the use of an Xbox-style controller on the PC.

I still think BF3 is the best game I've played to date.

I love BF3 too. thats why i'm so upset its hacked to *** and noone is playing it.

I fear eventually, ea dice, just like ea sports, will totally abandon the pc in the future.

but hey ea sports is making fifa 13. I believe its the same version as console with the modern graphics. SO maybe there is enough Europeans to keep bf alive too.

all i know is americans usually are on the forefront. I believe americans no longer pc game because they know better. They know pc games are no longer being optimized for most hardware and they are overun with hackers.

I think its only a matter of time before the europeans figure this out too.

I see tiger woods and madden as a sign of the future for all pc gaming franchises if things don't change.
Score
February 19, 2013 1:58:33 PM

RichAC said:
did you not read i can't buy madden or tiger woods for the pc?

they hae a free browser version of tiger woods on the pc with shittier graphics then the console and no gameplay!!!! is this what i should spend money building a pc for?

for games like LoL and tf2 or sc2, the only games we can consider popular and competitive.....i should buy a 400 dollar graphics card for? for games that its not even needed for?

what are you a delusional nerd?

if bf keeps going in this direction the same thing will happen. I am warning you that soon only the bf free to play browser micro transaction scam version is all that would be left for your beastly rig. lmao.

whats on paper really doesn't matter when it comes to reality. consoles come out every 7 years. try to play crysis 3 on a 7 year old pc. well you can on console hardware buddy boy. so stop with the whats under the hood nonsense.......when its the driver that wins the races. (as in video drivers and optimizations :) )

If by optimizing Crysis 3 mean optimizing/removing things that can run on sub-hd on 30fps, with a graphics that looks like somebody put a vaseline all over your monitor.PC players think different -we are evolving.Want better things.More beautiful.Not optimizing things-translate-going from high graphics(2005/6),medium(2007),low(2008-?).400$ gpu?Why not buy 200$ gpu?learn.read forums.compare.
You're talking like everybody should have consoles.If you think it should be like this then everybody in the world should also driving blue car and yellow motorcycle.
Just for having to choose between ps4,xbox,wii u,steam box,pc would mean lower prices for consumers.Competitivness
If i cant afford pc i would go for consoles.I see point and reason that 200$ gpu is in my pc.Becaouse it gives me more resolution,high graphics for can totally immerse with game.Maybe pc games are ported but still i can choose to get high/ultra graphics.Im not stuck at low.
Not to mention controllers,omfg who could play fps with that,i even cant pass on easy level.I like to play RTS like starcraft 2 online.You should try,its awsome.
Maybe change some game,seems like you're bored with BF3
Score
February 19, 2013 2:14:16 PM

hahahah too funny man... again your ignoring my ea sports example...as a sign of the future.

your not paying attention. I don't want to buy a console.... i have no choice! that blue car is the only car that can get me to my destination. a land that was removed from the the pc world. tiger woods and madden are examples of some games.

I've been a pc gamer for over 20 years. I was a huge ea sports fan, since the first pc game i played in 1987....and i see bf3 slowly going down the same road. hackers are ruining it for everyone. and pc companies no longer even care to optimize the game for them.

my point is why are they selling $400 gpu's then? if most pc games are not made for them. scratch that...NO pc games. except arguably...maybe bf3. the only engine ever made from scratch for dx 10/11.

unoptimized means having a indy 500 car.....where the pedal doesn't go past 60 lol. so you can say hey i can theoretically drive fast in it...and i can brag about owning one, and maybe use it to its full potential in the future. bur for now its all for show.

imo crysis 3 is still a dx9 game that runs on a 7 year old console.

do you really think crysis 3 is evolved from crysis 2? honestly? just because it requires a dx11 card on the pc and runs like ***? doesn't look much diff to me.
Score
February 19, 2013 2:18:21 PM

RichAC said:
I love BF3 too. thats why i'm so upset its hacked to *** and noone is playing it.

I fear eventually, ea dice, just like ea sports, will totally abandon the pc in the future.

but hey ea sports is making fifa 13. I believe its the same version as console with the modern graphics. SO maybe there is enough Europeans to keep bf alive too.

all i know is americans usually are on the forefront. I believe americans no longer pc game because they know better. They know pc games are no longer being optimized for most hardware and they are overun with hackers.

I think its only a matter of time before the europeans figure this out too.

I see tiger woods and madden as a sign of the future for all pc gaming franchises if things don't change.

I definitely don't agree that no one is playing BF3. I am one of however many who are still having a blast playing BF3 and always find many people to play with on full servers.

BF3's dev team is comprised of many Europeans. Maybe they push the advertising there? You don't see commercials for the Battlefield series here like the Call of Duty commercials you see a lot during sports events.

Considering they don't do a lot of television marketing, I'd say the Battlefield series is doing pretty well in the states.
Score
February 19, 2013 2:23:35 PM

ubercake said:
I definitely don't agree that no one is playing BF3. I am one of however many who are still having a blast playing BF3 and always find many people to play with on full servers.

BF3's dev team is comprised of many Europeans. Maybe they push the advertising there? You don't see commercials for the Battlefield series here like the Call of Duty commercials you see a lot during sports events.

Considering they don't do a lot of television marketing, I'd say the Battlefield series is doing pretty well in the states.

ya you just keep pretending that gametracker website that was posted isn't telling... sure they got alot of money from fans that were all very disapointed. bc2 wasn't bad.....but people still wanted bf2. they bought bf3 thinking thats what they were getting....only to feel scammed, by how laggy the mutliplayer is, and how ported and vulnerable the game feels. Bc2 gave me hope for pc gaming.....and bf3 crushed them. I don't see how they can be optimistic about bf4....unless they also ignore the server browsers results.

ya and i guess the bf3 dev team is why fifa 13 is still played on pc.....and ea sports only makes tiger woods and madden for consoles....
Score
February 19, 2013 2:37:52 PM

RichAC said:
hahahah too funny man... again your ignoring my ea sports example...as a sign of the future.

your not paying attention. I don't want to buy a console.... i have no choice! that blue car is the only car that can get me to my destination. a land that was removed from the the pc world. tiger woods and madden are examples of some games.

I've been a pc gamer for over 20 years. I was a huge ea sports fan, since the first pc game i played in 1987....and i see bf3 slowly going down the same road. hackers are ruining it for everyone. and pc companies no longer even care to optimize the game for them.

my point is why are they selling $400 gpu's then? if most pc games are not made for them. scratch that...NO pc games. except arguably...maybe bf3. the only engine ever made from scratch for dx 10/11.

unoptimized means having a indy 500 car.....where the pedal doesn't go past 60 lol. so you can say hey i can theoretically drive fast in it...and i can brag about owning one, and maybe use it to its full potential in the future. bur for now its all for show.

imo crysis 3 is still a dx9 game that runs on a 7 year old console.

do you really think crysis 3 is evolved from crysis 2? honestly? just because it requires a dx11 card on the pc and runs like ***? doesn't look much diff to me.

About Crysis 3 we should see when comes out what's different,i think beta come today(or something like this).
And is see your point-real question why would somebody buy a 900$ gpu like 690/7990.Probably cause of eyefinity,3+monitors for ubber experience:-).
For me its enough 670,680 6950/7970 for 3years on high/ultra.
Like i said we are spoiled,we want better ,ultra resolution is not enough,somebody wants 60fps(for me 40+ is great).cards like that can last for 3 years on high res and thats enough.
Why you think pedal dont go past 60.It goes past 60.Just compare graphics,not on youtube.I think it goes much beyond 60.
You think next gen consoles graphics will be better then PC now? no way,consoles are optimized a little more but they are not magic boxes.I think battlefield 3 on ultra looks pretty next gen comparing to consoles graphics.
Im happy with my pc,mouse and keybord i would not trade it for controller.When i play on pc im pissed of because i suck,but when i play on consoles im pissed of becouse i CANT AIM for ***.
Hackers are problem but not much like people think and exaggregate.Its nothing that it will ruin your game.Im playing for beggining BF3 and i never saw something that would ruin my experience.
But i get the idea of consoles, they are nice,but much things is missing for me to change to console.Much of that is about controller too.I just c-a-n-t a-i-m and i really tried my best.
Can you aim with controller as good you aim with mouse?
Score
February 19, 2013 3:05:33 PM

no i agree i'm still on pc because of mouse and kb.

and there is nothing exaggerated about hackers....when most americans no longer play pc games because of them.

and when companies like ea sports stopped making most of their games for pc because of them.

when some pos hacker threatens your life and has your name and address...constantly tries to virus your pc to brick or fry your motherboard, spy on you like peeping tom homosexual, stealing your accounts, following you around in games to crash you out of servers. ddos's your connection. ddos's or crashes your server that you are paying good money to host.

you end up quitting pc gaming and moving to consoles. these things happen to people on a daily basis.

another main reason why pc companies themselves are not developing for pc anymore, not only because of the lack of playerbase nowadays, but also because of hackers pirating their single player games.
Score
!