Closed Solved

Bf4

62 answers Last reply Best Answer
  1. RichAC said:
    no i agree i'm still on pc because of mouse and kb.

and there is nothing exaggerated about hackers....when most americans no longer play pc games because of them.

and when companies like ea sports stopped making most of their games for pc because of them.

You really think hackers are the reason?

What about the additional costs of having to code to accommodate an infinite number of hardware combinations? There are definite costs involved with not coding for specific hardware.

What about a call center's subsequent support tickets and calls to deal with all of the hacks out there who think they can build a PC and blame the game for their sub-par hardware's performance? It all takes time and money.

As a business, these guys are going to squeak as many dollars out of us while putting in the smallest amount of effort possible to maximize profit.

Also, have you ever visited a cheat-code site for consoles? There are plenty of ways to "hack" on consoles. There are also plenty of ways to take down console game servers (they're also on the internet).
  2. ubercake said:
    You really think hackers are the reason?

What about the additional costs of having to code to accommodate an infinite number of hardware combinations? There are definite costs involved with not coding for specific hardware.

What about a call center's subsequent support tickets and calls to deal with all of the hacks out there who think they can build a PC and blame the game for their sub-par hardware's performance? It all takes time and money.

As a business, these guys are going to squeak as many dollars out of us while putting in the smallest amount of effort possible to maximize profit.

Also, have you ever visited a cheat-code site for consoles? There are plenty of ways to "hack" on consoles. There are also plenty of ways to take down console game servers (they're also on the internet).

so you think there are more hardware combinations now then in 2004? I think there was just as many diff hardware combox and pc parts back then. (a better argument would be the more intricate programming required, but even this is argument doesn't hold much weight)

all it takes is common sports sense to know if your playing in a fair environment. Only a nerd thinks he needs computer program to prove it. lol. which is why most people into sports and competitive matches have moved on to consoles.... and why ea sports doesnt' make pc games for the nerds on pc anymore. its also not just about hacking...its also about team stacking. a term coined in the counterstrike community. still the most popular fps on the pc after 15 years.

and the argument that there is plenty of ways to hack consoles is ridiculous. Because using pirated games isn't even popular after 10 years since it was done on ps2. and you expect to me believe hacking a console....which is even more risky and harder to do then using bootlegged games...is? gimme a break.

as many have said. hackers get their stats reset on bf3, or they get banned and buy another 10 dollar key. or get one for free from their hacker friends. so even the ones who actually do on console, get banned from online gaming and have to shell out another 500 bucks for the game and console. I doubt there are many repeat offenders. who are you kidding?
  3. you can check gta4 and mw3 are hacker infested on consoles.Try to check it out if you have a chance.At least pc have dedicated servers so they can ban you.
    Hackers arent a problem,just becaouse somebody talk about then doesnt mean they everywhere.
    I am satisfied with my pc no matter its console port,putting in high res really gives a good graphics.
    Yes they are expensive 1000$ for a nice machine.And upgrades every 2-3(if you want keep it in high res,).Its only expensive first time when u buy it.
    You think consoles arent expensive.
    400$ console
    400$ for hd tv 1080(for next gen)
  4. da3ndorphin3 said:
    you can check gta4 and mw3 are hacker infested on consoles.Try to check it out if you have a chance.At least pc have dedicated servers so they can ban you.
    Hackers arent a problem,just becaouse somebody talk about then doesnt mean they everywhere.
    I am satisfied with my pc no matter its console port,putting in high res really gives a good graphics.
    Yes they are expensive 1000$ for a nice machine.And upgrades every 2-3(if you want keep it in high res,).Its only expensive first time when u buy it.
    You think consoles arent expensive.
    400$ console
    400$ for hd tv 1080(for next gen)

i sometimes think hackers stalk peole on dedicated servers lol. in bf3 they can prolly look at all 7 64 man conquest servers and find me.

i have only played bf3 on ps3. I don't now about those games. i guess i can check on youtube?

imo the only thing i hear about hackers doing on console. is stealing your account, credit card, crashing servers, or bricking your console. they basically hack sony. I don't know how long they can get away with actually cheating in the game though dude, and i'm sure its extremely rare.

can you show me some articles on it?
  5. RichAC said:
    so you think there are more hardware combinations now then in 2004? I think there was just as many diff hardware combox and pc parts back then. (a better argument would be the more intricate programming required, but even this is argument doesn't hold much weight)

all it takes is common sports sense to know if your playing in a fair environment. Only a nerd thinks he needs computer program to prove it. lol. which is why most people into sports and competitive matches have moved on to consoles.... and why ea sports doesnt' make pc games for the nerds on pc anymore. its also not just about hacking...its also about team stacking. a term coined in the counterstrike community. still the most popular fps on the pc after 15 years.

and the argument that there is plenty of ways to hack consoles is ridiculous. Because using pirated games isn't even popular after 10 years since it was done on ps2. and you expect to me believe hacking a console....which is even more risky and harder to do then using bootlegged games...is? gimme a break.

as many have said. hackers get their stats reset on bf3, or they get banned and buy another 10 dollar key. or get one for free from their hacker friends. so even the ones who actually do on console, get banned from online gaming and have to shell out another 500 bucks for the game and console. I doubt there are many repeat offenders. who are you kidding?

U should stop copying others people posts about "pedal to 60" which is simliar to ferrari on rooftop or 10$ cd key from same post that can be found here --http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/126718-13-stuttering-online-games
    and BTW if you "buy" cd key for 10$ there is a chance of 99% you would be banned after a very little time
  6. da3ndorphin3 said:
    U should stop copying others people posts about "pedal to 60" which is simliar to ferrari on rooftop or 10$ cd key from same post that can be found here --http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/126718-13-stuttering-online-games
    and BTW if you "buy" cd key for 10$ there is a chance of 99% you would be banned after a very little time

can you be more of a nerd man....LOL!
  7. RichAC said:

I'm not talking about hacking the console. I'm not talking about bootlegging the games. Did I type any of that? I thought nerds still knew how to read???

I'm talking about cheating in game on a console. I'm talking about an attack on a game consoles multiplayer servers (they're on the internet you know).

In 2004, the online gaming communities were in their infancy on consoles. You could pretty much sign on and send your friend a message through XBOX Live.

At that time, there was far more to play online on PCs at that time. Fighter Ace seemed to have kicked it all off in 1996.

As XBOX Live developed, more and more people got into gaming online. Sony had to compete so they created their own service and so forth. Now that there are two primary console platforms (PS3 and XBOX) many people use to game online, the game developers do not see coding for PCs as lucrative as it once was. Many people have shifted to console out of convenience and affordability. The game developing companies would like to see us all move to consoles because they could do away with costs allocated to coding for PC (and infinite hardware combos) and simply code for two fixed platforms. This is cost effective. It has nothing to do with hackers. It's all to do with business.

Most dorks would understand this.
  8. ubercake said:
    I'm not talking about hacking the console. I'm not talking about bootlegging the games. Did I type any of that? I thought nerds still knew how to read???

I'm talking about cheating in game on a console. I'm talking about an attack on a game consoles multiplayer servers (they're on the internet you know).

In 2004, the online gaming communities were in their infancy on consoles. You could pretty much sign on and send your friend a message through XBOX Live.

At that time, there was far more to play online on PCs at that time. Fighter Ace seemed to have kicked it all off in 1996.

As XBOX Live developed, more and more people got into gaming online. Sony had to compete so they created their own service and so forth. Now that there are two primary console platforms (PS3 and XBOX) many people use to game online, the game developers do not see coding for PCs as lucrative as it once was. Many people have shifted to console out of convenience and affordability. The game developing companies would like to see us all move to consoles because they could do away with costs allocated to coding for PC (and infinite hardware combos) and simply code for two fixed platforms. This is cost effective. It has nothing to do with hackers. It's all to do with business.

Most dorks would understand this.

my point still is. if using bootleg games is not even popular after all these years. how am i supposed to believe hacking in games is? which is more risky and harder to do.

and everything else you said i already agree with for the most part.

just reaname sony as nintendo and xbox as sega. no difference. online games became popular on consoels starting with gta4. thats when it was common for console players to be playing online like pc players have done for so many years with quake and counterstrike.
  9. RichAC said:
    i sometimes think hackers stalk peole on dedicated servers lol. in bf3 they can prolly look at all 7 64 man conquest servers and find me.

i have only played bf3 on ps3. I don't now about those games. i guess i can check on youtube?

imo the only thing i hear about hackers doing on console. is stealing your account, credit card, crashing servers, or bricking your console. they basically hack sony. I don't know how long they can get away with actually cheating in the game though dude, and i'm sure its extremely rare.

can you show me some articles on it?

There are many articles on forum.xbox.com. And yes its on xbox.
    I think you had some bad experience with hackers,this why you pissed of about pc hackers. No way hackers can infiltrate in your private life unless you give some infos or they send you something and you give or something like this.Much people have problem only because they give password in email to which they think is EA represenative.But a true one will never ask you for password
  10. da3ndorphin3 said:
    There are many articles on forum.xbox.com. And yes its on xbox.
    I think you had some bad experience with hackers,this why you pissed of about pc hackers. No way hackers can infiltrate in your private life unless you give some infos or they send you something and you give or something like this.Much people have problem only because they give password in email to which they think is EA represenative.But a true one will never ask you for password

i'm still using the same yahoo account i had in junior high from the 90s. Sure i've had some run ins with hackers. I've watched some press credit cards first hand lmao. I have been threatened. had a pc fry on Christmas day. I think i'm virused through origin as we speak. All i can do is be careful and mitigate it.

the *** is more common then you think though.

I just explained to you the guy who exposed the nxhacks site for selling hacks to crash bf3 servers with an exploit, that got sent to pbbans. got his 4 month old mobo bricked recenlty.

he also like you...is so completely ignorant and naive, he thinks its just a cooncidence lmao.

did iran accidentally give out passwords to the cia for them to send the stuxnet virus to them? travelling from house to house across the web till it found its destination?

did sony accidentally give out their passwords to a russian hacker in an email?

did the fbi when they got hacked last month?

do the java hacks they are selling for 5000 dollars a pop need a password from you?

do you think norton and not checking your email is going to protect you?

and most of the articles i'm finding on xbox hakcs....have to do with phishing like you are describing. I still dont' believe actual cheating in game servers is common. whats common is stealing accounts, crashing servers or bricking consoles.
  11. RichAC said:
    can you be more of a nerd man....LOL!

No buddy you are the one who is NERD.Somebody will little more brain than you could assume that you are just stealing posts from people.Just change some words.
    I have an idea you never even play on decent pc,because every word you say is utter bullshit from wannabe console fanboy.
    If you like console go with it,i like my pc because other then gaming in high res it also gives me 10000000million other things i can do with it,i can even play games from 1985.Because of that i think 1000$ can be considered even cheap. Much people who talk about cheaters get rapped in games by much skilled players.If you had problems with hackers stealing your account etc then in future be more careful.
    I cant believe this thread has more then 50 posts and 2 pages
  12. da3ndorphin3 said:
    No buddy you are the one who is NERD.Somebody will little more brain than you could assume that you are just stealing posts from people.Just change some words.
    I have an idea you never even play on decent pc,because every word you say is utter bullshit from wannabe console fanboy.
    If you like console go with it,i like my pc because other then gaming in high res it also gives me 10000000million other things i can do with it,i can even play games from 1985.Because of that i think 1000$ can be considered even cheap. Much people who talk about cheaters get rapped in games by much skilled players.If you had problems with hackers stealing your account etc then in future be more careful.
    I cant believe this thread has more then 50 posts and 2 pages

stealing posts? so yes i agree with the guy i quoted about how easy it is to buy keys. sue me? alot of russians on the forums have bragged about getting bf3 accounts for one cent. implying they can get them for free. lol.

and if you read my posts. noone has ever stole my accounts. not my bf3 account....not even my original yahoo account from when i was a kid.

someones a mad nerd.
  13. OK I guess the OP got the answer he was looking for and therefore,I'm locking this thread.

Everyone,
    This is a "PC gaming" section and most of the posts here are about "PC vs Consoles". Talk about console games in their appropriate section and watch your language.Inappropriate language leads to getting banned.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games