Scott

On my 700XL (Win XP Pro), the XP startup sound now plays earlier
in the bootup process (during the light blue screen just before the desktop
appears). It used to play as the desktop came into view. Is there a simple
way to move the sound to a little later in the bootup sequence?

Thanks!
Scott

No there is not a way to move the startup sound. See the article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321735&Product=winxp

"Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message
> On my 700XL (Win XP Pro), the XP startup sound now plays earlier
> in the bootup process (during the light blue screen just before the
desktop
> appears). It used to play as the desktop came into view. Is there a
simple
> way to move the sound to a little later in the bootup sequence?
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

Perhaps you could edit the Start Windows sound file (usually called
C:\Windows\Media\Windows XP Startup.wav) and add a few seconds of silence at
the beginning?