Shader model 3 support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobpc

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
I am trying to install a game called Primal Carnage through steam, but everytime i get in the process of it i get the error message saying that I dont have "shader model 3".

I am not sure what i need. I have tried using a program called 3danalyzer to emulate a new graphics card but that was a failure.

How do i get this game to work for me?

I am running windows xp pro SP3 2002

Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53 GHz
2.52 GHz, 1.5GB RAM

What other information do you guys need?

Trying to spend as little money as possible.

Shader model 3.0 is hardware inside the graphics card. Your PC is really old and sol is your graphics card. I believe graphic cards with SM 3.0 were released back in 2004.

Unfortunately your PC is really too old to play games released in the past 5+ years. Much has change in the past 10+ years. If you want to spend as little money as possible, then I simply recommend you do not play the game, that way you spend $0.

If you want to play that game then you need to buy a new computer.

_Azroth_

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
@JaguarSKX
That's a Load of crap for an answer.
Yes the graphics cards with SM3 May have been released in 2004 but that does not mean his p.c. is old just because he does not have it..
I was looking for the answer to this because I ran into the same problem and my computer is only about a year old. it came with Windows 8.1 on it.. but apparently doesn't have an SM3 Graphics card.

The OP's problem is likely he is running 2002 era Intel Integrated graphics, which won't have ShaderModel 3.0 support. All I can tell him is good luck in finding an AGP graphics card for that system.

Your problem is likely that you don't have a proper graphics driver installed, as any new computer will have a GPU that supports ShaderModel 3.0, even the crappy integrated graphics available now. Odds are you have the generic Windows 8.1 graphics driver installed, which is good enough for basic display, but won't support any 3D rendering. Go to Intel, AMD or Nvidia's site and download the appropriate driver for your GPU.

Did you bother to read the OP's post?

He has a Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53 GHz. Google it to find out when it was released.

You should pay more attention to the post that you reply in rather than making random rants about something you do not have any basis for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS