Leak of Windows 8 Shows Potential Store Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I hope it's ARM, I want to run a full operating system on a Tegra 2 chipset[/citation]
Or even a Tegra 3 or 4 since Asus seems to be having a T3 tablet coming out this year! Probably be a much better experience than today's Win7 Atom combo.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]A bunch of squares is what the marketing department managed to come up with?[/citation]

It's called 'easy'. Grandma and Grandpapa out there want easy to use and thats the way it is away from a narrow point of view

smfrazz

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Nothing you are seeing now will be (LOOK) the same when released. They are basically only placeholders. The final look and feel won't be revealed until MUCH MUCH closer to RTM. half of the interest in the OS will be in the UI which will be continually tweaked until they need to lock it down for RTM. Most of the work being done now is in the OS structure(internals). So it's worthless to comment on the look and feel (UI) at this point. It's like complaining about any distro of Linux without KDA or Gnome, etc., UI added.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
Think some of you have missed the boat- it is not for x64, ARM, or X86, it is a store with listings that each can be for different platforms. the store its self is for the web browser on the device. the part about the platform is that each application will list its requirements, including platform and other prequisites..

malphas

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]A bunch of squares is what the marketing department managed to come up with?[/citation]
"A bunch of squares" is what Microsoft's marketing department are.

PCGOD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]Uh oh. I see rounded corners! They'd better be careful not to let Apple see that![/citation]

just think if they had made it shinny. then apple would really let them have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.