Aliens: Colonial Marines a disaster?

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
So Sega has finally released this game which has been in development for what? 6 years? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Every single review is saying it is a disaster.

What's up with that? Has anybody tried it?

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
It does seem very likely that Gearbox took SEGA's initial $60,000,000 investment and allocated a good number of their personnel and probably a good portion of those funds to Borderlands and Borderlands 2 instead, according to insider reports from both lowly QC testers as well as now an anonymous (but confirmed) developer.

Pretty sad stuff from Gearbox. It's great that they found their one trick with Borderlands, but between Duke Nukem Forever and now Aliens: Colonial Marines I have to wonder if the gaming community might not be better off were this company to go under in lieu of a potential lawsuit coming from SEGA. Regardless thereof, there will certainly be a community backlash to deal with.

Personally, I won't buy a Borderlands 3 knowing that there is a good chance the franchise was founded on the deception of a separate publisher, even though I'm not an Aliens: Colonial Marines owner myself. It's just the principle of the matter.

Dieforhonor118

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Gearbox just basically made a good demo, and it looked very promising to a lot people.
Lots of them pre-ordered. Then, Gearbox released a complete PoS game. This was their great money farming plan.

mamailo

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
I have the PC version and is simpy half baked.The AI fail many times during regular play and the the final is just epic....fail.

It runs on Unreal 3 lowest settings; making everything your look made of plastic.The xenos animation is cardboard made and the marines is worst.

It would be made a mediocre shooter if it works but often; it do not. I consider the steam version a beta.