[Discussion] NVidia has Announced their next Flagship GPU

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
well.....i want to ask u a question.....
how many fellows out there own a gtx690???
answer is : very rare......
gtx 690 was an overkill and it will continue to be an overkill for quite sometime now.....

same goes for this one.....lol....
but i feel that there will come a time when these gpu's will become affordable and much more NECESSARY.......

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012

dunno about most other gamers, but i for one hate multi monitor gaming, i find it more annoying than useful. plus the added resources needed to run multi monitor set ups sucks, i prefer to have one card, one monitor and less headache :p... oh and dont forget more money in my pocket.

da3ndorphin3

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
agreed,playing in 1080p gives me more then i need.I dont understand how people can play on 3 monitors when there's border line between them lol.
for 1080p cards like 670/680 7950/7970 would last for a few years on high graphics.

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
i understand some games where your are in a cockpit or a car, for extra view but that is all.

also, should this thread not be nvidia announces the Titan? im also not all that impressed with a price tag like that, why not just buy two 680's or two 7970's and get better performance just like they mention here on tom's already.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
I'm glad they're getting on with it, but it seems like it's taking forever to really advance this stuff.

I hope it eventually gets good enough that we can play games without LoDs, sprites, low-poly everything, and object pop-in.

I want to walk in big field of waving, animated high-poly vegetation (with shadows) and never drop below 60 FPS. ;)

Oh...and I want hair that looks and moves like hair.

DragonClaw

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Hair that moves like hair.
Play Alice Madness Returns.
Her hair looks too awesome. In the levels where you are in the part of your wonderland under the water, jump and as you fall down, you can almost see each hair falling down smoothly, each of them following the law of inertia under the action of gravity and the minor currents, separately, and accurately. :D
Thanks to Unreal Engine 3. The PhysX is just jaw dropping.

Thanks,
Rick

I imagine 2 x 670s will out perform it and are much cheaper or even better 2 x 7970s. The only people who should buy it are ones that money is no object and they either need a single card solution or want 4 of the best cards there is. I expect the next gen cards to make this even worse value.

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Checking on the specs of gtx titan and springing myself in a position to comment....all i want to say about titan is **** off......!!!

It has even worse price vs performance than a gtx 690......omg....
Run away everyone....its a calamity....

The hd 7970 and the gtx 680 are still the best high end gpu's which offer a real performance for their price........
Sorry for not providing proof links but check it on www.gamedebate.com.....

I say again....mr gtx titan **** off...

DragonClaw

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Yea, the GTX 680, GTX 670, GTX 580 are still few of the best cards from N-Vidia considering their prices.

But isn't performance of 2x cards while playing games, dependent on the how well the game has been optimized to run multi-GPU? And isn't the performance dependent on how N-Vidia provides SLI Profiles [ATI provides CrossFireX] Profiles for each games?

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

definitely....
buying another gpu...simply adding it in sli or crossfire and expecting increased performance in every game is nothing else than a display of sheer foolishness.....lol.....

DragonClaw

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

The benchmarks are out:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-titan-performance-review,3442.html

Now, the Titan is a Single GPU, unlike the HD 7990 or the GTX 690. And yet it performs close to the 690, and a lot better than HD 7970 GHz Edition.
So a HD 7990 or the GTX 690 will be a superior purchase [I mean for crazy people who who have so much of money to spend] against the Titan, considering the price point.

While i can understand playing on a multimonitor setup, i belive that untill edges have no frame, its not for me.

Full hd does look great, but only with heavy AA (when on a big screen that is).

Right now i have a 560 Ti (mid-high tier) , and it does full hd with high to very high on all games i like and play. So for me, waiting till the next best bang for buck is the smartest.

That beeing said, if tomorrow i won 1 million EUro on the lotery, id probably get 3 of those.

TRENDING THREADS