V710-Lexus and Bluetooth

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 22, 2005 7:11:09 PM

I am picking up my new Lexus on Friday and it has Bluetooth capability. My
current phone (Audiovox CDM-8900) does not. I am interested in the Motorola
V710 but wondering if anyone else has successfully paired it with the Lexus?

If so, how has it worked for you?

More about : v710 lexus bluetooth

June 23, 2005 9:09:55 PM

Get a 710 with the latest firmware for the 14 day trial and see for
yourself. There are so many variables, mostly software, both auto and phone.
"Scott" <scott@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am picking up my new Lexus on Friday and it has Bluetooth capability. My
> current phone (Audiovox CDM-8900) does not. I am interested in the
Motorola
> V710 but wondering if anyone else has successfully paired it with the
Lexus?

> If so, how has it worked for you?

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 2:04:37 AM

Scott wrote:
> I am picking up my new Lexus on Friday and it has Bluetooth
> capability. My current phone (Audiovox CDM-8900) does not. I am
> interested in the Motorola V710 but wondering if anyone else has
> successfully paired it with the Lexus?
>
> If so, how has it worked for you?

You also might try the Verizon kiosk in Circuit City, if there is one in
your area. Compared to the insanity in Verizon's company stores where
asking for information is considered a violation of the terms of
service, the kiosks are far calmer and the salespersons are truly
helpful. IMO.

June 24, 2005 4:17:34 PM

> You also might try the Verizon kiosk in Circuit City, if there is one in
> your area. Compared to the insanity in Verizon's company stores where
> asking for information is considered a violation of the terms of
> service, the kiosks are far calmer and the salespersons are truly
> helpful. IMO.

Thanks Q! Actually to your point I go to a large "authorized agent" in my
area. I stopped in yesterday and they were unfamiliar with the bluetooth/car
questions. They were also backordered on the V710. I did call VZW and they
felt that it should work and if not that I should be able to get VZW and
Lexus customer service together to help make this happen. I also have a
Blackberry (Nextel) 7520 that has Bluetooth. When I pick up the car today I
will try to pair it and see what happens.
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 3:07:32 AM

In article <BEDF300D.F1A5%scott@nospam.com>, Scott <scott@nospam.com>
wrote:

> I am picking up my new Lexus on Friday and it has Bluetooth
> capability. My current phone (Audiovox CDM-8900) does not. I am
> interested in the Motorola V710 but wondering if anyone else has
> successfully paired it with the Lexus?

I have a Prius, which has the same bluetooth capabilities as the Lexus.
There is no problem in pairing the car with the phone, but Verizon
disabled the ability to upload a phone book to the car. Otherwise, it
works very well.