Freshly Build Win7 -64bit Computer Blue Screens or freezes randomly. I

rothtastic

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
I recently build my first computer, using these parts (not sure what you need to know).
Memory - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
CPU - Phenom II X6 1090t black edition Thuban 3.2GHz 
PSU - Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W atx 12v  
Graphics - XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 X2 (crossfired) 
MOBO -  MSI 890FXA-GD70 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard 
My Issue is that my computer BSOD's on a fairly frequent but random basis. Some days I'll have no problems and then other days my computer will crash several times. Most often its happening when I'm watching youtube videos but it does occasionally occur when my computer is just idle or when I'm looking at word documents. In the case of the youtube videos my computer will also sometimes appear to freeze. Sometimes it will recover, (saying that my ATI driver failed but recovered), other times it will stay frozen, and then sometimes it will crash.
I've looked at some other posts relating to things like this and it seems that many people have had problems with either memory or their video card. I've already tried a few things such as running windows 7 memory diagnostic on my computer (it doesn't find any errors in my memory), as well as updating to several versions of my graphics drivers (specifically the newest ones as well as some older more stable versions, 10.5 for example). After changing drivers I'm still not getting any success on my system.
Generally the BSOD's have a bcc code of either 1a, 1e, 3b, or 7e. I've looked at the dump files with BlueScreenView and to be totally honest I don't know what to make of them. I'm hoping someone here can help me out.
I've posted all the minidumps I believe are related to my problem on skydrive at this link
http://cid-886d8b61508d8613.office.live.com/browse.aspx/MemoryDumps?Bsrc=EMSHOO&Bpub=SN.Notifications

I'm not sure if you need any other information to help me out but if I'm missing something please let me know.

Thanks much

bitdman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
I have read a lot of reviews on an assortment of computer parts and one thing MOST of the negative reviews have in common is Windows 7 "64bit" OS. The 32bit does very well. FIY.

verbalizer

Distinguished
what version of windows are you running, 32-bit or 64-bit.?
if 32-bit then we have to talk (8GB of RAM)... lol
it's looks like a bad install of the OS or now the OS is corrupted.
more specifically kernel errors.
try a fresh re-format and clean install of your OS.

That's completely unfounded. I run Windows 7-64 with no problems, as do a lot of other people. In fact, I seem to recall an article that states most PC's are now sold with the 64 bit edition.

First question: Is this a 100% legal copy of Windows 7?

rothtastic

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
Hey everyone, the issue turned out to be bad memory. I ran memtest86+ on both sticks for over 10 passes and no errors turned up but, sure enough, after swapping out the sticks I stopped getting the bsod's