How to install crysis 3 game

Chomps123

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
I just picked up the game today and it tells me to follow the instructions but then all it dose is install origin then afterwards it asks for the product key...i type it in...then it ask me to download it even though i have a disc that contains all the files needed to install without the unnecessary download. the booklet dose however tells me i can install it without the origin download so please help me.

Devastater6194

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Right this should work. Presuming you've downloaded origin, start the download for crysis 3, then once it starts downloading pause it and shut origin completely.
Then open the files on the crysis disc and copy them into the almost empty crysis folder likely found in whatever drive you installed it, program files (x86), origin games then copy all the files of the disc in to this folder. Once done, reopen origin and restart the download. It should find the files and update itself accordingly. Once done, it should work.
Hope this helps.

callumfeb1983

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013

do u have to cancel and restart as ive copied the files and seems to want to download the whole game u must be able to bypass the download. Any help would be appreciated.

bcarb

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Installed mine a few days ago using the CD. I did not copy anything. From the CD I just open autorun.exe to install. Only logged in to origin when asked. It will install the game from the CD but you will be asked to do update (not download the whole game).

Chomps123

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Well after an hour (yah this is little late) I finally figured it out...I was using the code for crysis 1 on the recete from gamestop not the code in the case for crysis 3...that worked for me.