Sign in with
Your question

Most graphic intensive games

Last response: in Video Games
February 20, 2013 3:27:01 AM

Here we go again. I know there are probably a BUNCH of topics on what game is the most graphic intensive game made.

*DO NOT INCLUDE CRYSIS 3*

For me, I would say Crysis 2 with the EQM, or the first Crysis with the EQM.

Metro 2033 honestly did not surprise me that much.

I play Battlefield 3, and the graphics are great. However, at times it seems a little cartoonish for me, but at some points in the game, at the right angles, the game looks pretty realistic.

Also, what is the most graphic-intensive thing made? If there's a YouTube video showing an animation that's looks very realistic, I would love to check it out.
February 20, 2013 3:30:27 AM

Hitman Absolution.
m
l
February 20, 2013 3:34:48 AM

jaguarskx said:
Hitman Absolution.

It looks pretty decent, although it still looks kind of cartoonish to me. Maybe I'm just way too judgemental or something.

It kind of looks like Batman Arkham City. People were saying that it looked great, but to me it just looked cartoonish. Again, maybe I'm just way too judgemental :p 
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2013 4:32:59 AM

Max Payne 3, especially the parts in the favela.
I also agree with jaguar on Hitman: Absolution.
Graphics intensive for me means the attention given to the more minute details, plus the way the physics of the gaming environment is implemented. Batman:AC claimed to have achieved higher standards in this field but honestly it seemed pretty 'simulated' most of the times.
m
l
February 20, 2013 6:12:16 AM

MeicoPotato said:
Here we go again. I know there are probably a BUNCH of topics on what game is the most graphic intensive game made.

I play Battlefield 3, and the graphics are great. However, at times it seems a little cartoonish for me, but at some points in the game, at the right angles, the game looks pretty realistic.

Also, what is the most graphic-intensive thing made? If there's a YouTube video showing an animation that's looks very realistic, I would love to check it out.

IMHO, Battlefield 3 doesn't have that good graphics.

The Witcher 2 and Far Cry 3 are very graphically intensive.

But mainly Heavily modded Skyrim

Here's a good modded Skyrim video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJFFqtH2GJ4
m
l
February 20, 2013 7:14:37 AM

We have had so many threads, and forum members have tested and posted results defining which are the most demanding games by such a wide margin, that I have to wonder at people's disregard for the search feature.

Also it was Arma 2 and Witcher 2 in the lead by a mile. Now stop making the same damned thead every seven days. Christ almighty.
m
l
February 20, 2013 4:25:28 PM

Hitman Absolution will also cripple any gaming rig when trying to max it out. Much like how Crysis and Metro 2033 were when they were first released.
m
l
February 20, 2013 7:59:55 PM

casualcolors said:
We have had so many threads, and forum members have tested and posted results defining which are the most demanding games by such a wide margin, that I have to wonder at people's disregard for the search feature.

Also it was Arma 2 and Witcher 2 in the lead by a mile. Now stop making the same damned thead every seven days. Christ almighty.

Which is why I made note that there were a lot of topics of this already. What's wrong with me just asking the community and letting people know my opinions? Calm the hell down.
m
l
February 20, 2013 8:03:04 PM

MeicoPotato said:
Which is why I made note that there were a lot of topics of this already. What's wrong with me just asking the community and letting people know my opinions? Calm the hell down.

What's wrong with like, you know, posting your opinion in one of the threads that already exists for this purpose? lol
m
l
February 20, 2013 8:04:14 PM

iplikator3333 said:

I don't really like the graphics of Far Cry 3, but that video showing a heavily modded Skyrim is pretty amazing. I'll have to check that out.
m
l
February 20, 2013 8:12:43 PM

casualcolors said:
What's wrong with like, you know, posting your opinion in one of the threads that already exists for this purpose? lol

Most of them aren't read anymore. And if they are, there shouldn't be a problem with me creating one as well.

If you don't like it, then just simply don't reply to them.
m
l
February 20, 2013 9:15:03 PM

I don't really see a problem with the post.

Internet forums add new members on a daily basis, and if forums were treated as an archive (This questions was already asked.....never ask it again!!!) than new members would never have any input on relevant topics.

Of course, when they do use the search function and comment on an old thread, they get blasted by people for necro-posting.

I've been on various forums since the mid 90's, and I've found the best method to stay happy is to click on the thread titles you find interesting, and ignore the ones you don't.
m
l
February 20, 2013 10:54:11 PM

Witcher 2
Skyrim

Not exactly the greatest but playing with framerates is fun in Borderlands 2

-Rage - tons of video settings to play with and great landscape.

Civ V (cinnematics)

m
l
June 25, 2013 1:33:38 PM

try final fantasy 14 i think its coming out this december and it would be one of the hardest game to max out you will need like a super computer to max it out and if thats not enough for you try everquest 2 on max setttings it looks so real and you need a superast cpu cuz the loading is super long because the map is so so gigantic you cant even imagine what kind of cpu and graphic card you need
m
l
July 30, 2013 3:06:44 AM

Company of heroes 2? seems very hard to max out that game, or is that because of bad coding or something?
m
l
July 30, 2013 4:37:50 AM

fary cry 3, stalker call of pryjpat, skyrim with the mods & high def textures, dirt 3,
m
l
July 30, 2013 3:18:01 PM

GTA 4 without a doubt. It even has a benchmark program built into the game.
m
l
July 31, 2013 1:08:18 AM

Gta 4 isnt a gpu itensive game. Its a joke & lousy console port. Fact is resident evil 5 & street fighter 4 have benchmark tools within the game. Still doest make them graphic intensive games
m
l
July 31, 2013 1:27:47 AM

jklhkhukhuj said:
try final fantasy 14 i think its coming out this december and it would be one of the hardest game to max out you will need like a super computer to max it out and if thats not enough for you try everquest 2 on max setttings it looks so real and you need a superast cpu cuz the loading is super long because the map is so so gigantic you cant even imagine what kind of cpu and graphic card you need

I was trying out the beta ff14, and it was smoking my sli'ed windforce gtx570s, one of them was even slamming up to 98 degrees, good thing it was auto scaling back. Unfortunately that means some times I was not at 60 fps.
m
l
September 7, 2013 10:33:27 AM

computertech82 said:

your kidding, right? it was demanding, maybe in 2009-2010? but now, my gtx 560 ti can run it with everything maxed. and the "demanding" part of it is mostly bad coding. Also, just because it has a benchmark doesnt make it more demanding..
m
l
September 23, 2013 2:42:19 AM

jklhkhukhuj said:

no game has ever maxed out my system it has 4 gtx titans on rog mobo with intel i7 extreme and 64 gb ram (8x8gb) and 2 ocz 256 gb in raid 0 for extreme load speed boot time in less than 4 sec. funny it crashes running minecraft LOL
m
l
September 23, 2013 7:46:57 AM

I would add that Skyrim may possibly be the most graphically demanding game when apply lots of graphic mods with 4k textures, increased polygon count models and very demanding ENBs for cinematic or realistic feel.

However, out of the box the game is fairly easy for most gaming rigs.
m
l
October 29, 2013 12:36:01 PM

3ddy1049 said:
jklhkhukhuj said:

no game has ever maxed out my system it has 4 gtx titans on rog mobo with intel i7 extreme and 64 gb ram (8x8gb) and 2 ocz 256 gb in raid 0 for extreme load speed boot time in less than 4 sec. funny it crashes running minecraft LOL

well someone has plenty of money to put into pc gaming but im pretty sure were talking about systems that dont require two months pay to build.
m
l
November 13, 2013 2:45:17 PM

computertech82 said:

Only if you max out the game and then put like ICEnhancer mods into it. GTA 4 isn't that Graphically intensive, unless you have like an intergrated graphics card or something I don't know.
m
l
November 14, 2013 6:20:40 PM

Skyrim, Final Fantasy 14 and Dragon Nest.
m
l
November 24, 2013 1:48:06 AM

As the games I played in my experience I really liked graphics of Sleeping Dogs and Assassin's Creed 3.
m
l
January 4, 2014 10:47:57 PM

And The Snowdrop Engine Used For Tom Clancy's The Division is pretty realistic. I'm pretty sure that the game will be a challenge for most mid level gaming rigs(Obviously If you want the top quality graphics achievable in the game).

Here is the Link--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2NJSAvuiQ0
m
l
February 6, 2014 6:24:21 AM

star citizen
m
l
February 7, 2014 4:07:34 PM

I am undecided, I played cod ghosts bf4 but I swear Far Cry 3 and Assassin's creed black flag are more intensive because they look so nice, However COD Ghosts is close on looks.
m
l
February 22, 2014 3:04:33 AM

i have the r9 270x toxic at the time of purchase it came with battlefield 4 it runs sweet as a chocolate bar on maxed settings also the witcher 2 has no issues i need something more demanding, please help me
m
l
March 4, 2014 9:49:08 PM

MeicoPotato said:
iplikator3333 said:

I don't really like the graphics of Far Cry 3, but that video showing a heavily modded Skyrim is pretty amazing. I'll have to check that out.

Modding skyrim to that point, does take a fair amount of work. I think i'm at about 87, 89 mods maybe. I have to up the games memory block size, modify cache sizes, set my gpu to max and over ride application setting,used ewi's ini files, ect. All in all i pushint skyrim to its limits. i at 2.9 vram. Game crashes at 3.1. Just how its coded. It ovten crashes for me anyway at that point in exterior cells. I really pushing the bounds. and i not even running an enb. Does look awesome though.
m
l
March 7, 2014 10:40:37 AM

Honestly I haven't seen any games yet to be as beautiful as Crysis 3 or Battlefield 4 yet fps wise.

Also Gta 4 and Ghosts could defiantly be better on the PC

Note also I have a ps3 + a ps4 and Ghosts is my all time favorite game.
m
l
March 7, 2014 12:47:34 PM

I do not game much so my input is probably not that great but I say for what I have seen Mechwarrior Online is overly demanding for what it is. Graphics are not that much more superior than MechWarrior 4 but instead of the 8mb graphics card needed in MW4 it uses 512 mb minimum and with anything less than a quad-core CPU, 8gb+ RAM and a 1gb+ graphics card it runs so horribly...

--EDIT--
Corrected typos.
m
l
June 22, 2014 3:08:04 PM

MeicoPotato said:
iplikator3333 said:

Yes, but the whole Skyrim mods thing is getting totally blow out of proportion. The graphics engine only adds more complex textures, filtering, objects ect. It is limited and does not really create more complexity to the objects. Very few mods do slight changes to the object before it's overlayed with a texture skin. It is too limited and there is not the same complexity of vegetation like in Crysis. If it had the same object complexity and then modded, it would be comparable. It is no longer a flagship game to test your gpu. I could refilter any game enough times to bog down any computer, even Mario. No matter how real of textures you put on Mario. He still will look fake with a less complex shape.

m
l
June 23, 2014 1:25:48 PM

MeicoPotato said:

www.TosstheTurtleHacked.org theas is good gamne:) 
m
l
!