Fallout 3 crashes upon launch

I got a new hdd recently so I had to reinstall my windows 7 64-bit onto it. Anyway when my fallout 3 reinstalled for some reason that game crashes as soon as I launch it. The game worked before on my other hdd. I need help. If anyone has a fix that may work please reply!!!!
12 answers Last reply
More about fallout crashes launch
  1. Anyone?
  2. These things are so easy to fix with a simple Google search... Look up "Fallout 3 Windows 7 Fix".
  3. Frock said:
    These things are so easy to fix with a simple Google search... Look up "Fallout 3 Windows 7 Fix".

None of the fixes worked
  4. Frock said:
    These things are so easy to fix with a simple Google search... Look up "Fallout 3 Windows 7 Fix".

None of the fixes worked
  5. Frock said:

None of the fixes worked
  6. wrathofdragon said:

i tried that one already
  7. You have to edit your Fallout.ini and find a line 'bUseThreadedAI=0' and change it to 'bUseThreadedAI=1' and then below this add a line 'iNumHWThreads=2's

Or in the taskmgr, make it only use one core

Or try running it in different compatibility modes
  8. I had the same problem and this worked. We played with the settings and found that switching the resolution from default 1280x720 [Letterbox] to 1920x1080 solved the startup/loading problem.

P.s. the multi-core fix solved the mid-game crashes.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328904
  9. Go into the program folder. Find the Fallout 3 application. Right click it and select "Run as Administrator."
  10. Terri Sulliven said:
    Go into the program folder. Find the Fallout 3 application. Right click it and select "Run as Administrator."

didnt work
  11. I'm having the same problem - tried all of the above fixes. It only starts to crash on program start after applying the v1.7 patch. Have been google searching and trolling forum for a full day trying various suggestions and uninstalling and reinstalling when they don't work. Anyone have any new ideas?
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games Hard Drives Fallout Video Games