Sign in with
Your question

NO POWER

Last response: in Overclocking
September 30, 2004 2:34:22 AM

HI.I TRY TO BUILD A COBIOUTER.I USE ANTEC ARIA AS THE CASE AND CHAINTECH 7VIF4 MOTHERBOARD WITH AMD ATHLON XP2600 333FSB BARTON CORE.I CONECT EVERYTHING BUT WENE I CONECT TO POWER EVERYTHING WORKING FOR ABOUT 15 SEC AND AFTER SHUT OFF.TO PUT POER AGAIN I HAVE TO UNPLUG FROM THE OUTLET BUT DO THE SAME THING.THIS TIME WORK ONLY FOR 3 SEC BEFORE ITS SHUT OFF.ANYONE CAN HELP ME; THANKS

More about : power

October 3, 2004 12:40:08 AM

Check the bios to make sure everything is set correctly. If it shuts off when in the bios double check that everything is securely plugged in and attached, mainly the heatsinks/fans. Make sure your cpu heatsink is attached properly, that is likely the problem. I'd take it off and reattach it.

Run the computer with the side off to make sure all the fans are spinning.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
October 3, 2004 2:59:20 AM

I THINK THE BOARD IS MOUNTED WRONG.I THINK YOU HAVE A STANDOFF UNDER THE BOARD HITTING A CIRCUIT ON THE BACK OF THE BOARD.I THINK YOU SHOULD PULL THE BOARD OUT AND MAKE SURE; YOU'RE WELCOME

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
!