how do you get to burglaries?

what does finishing driving school get you?

Coach Mike Wyatt wrote:

> how do you get to burglaries?

After 8pm you need to find one of three vans parked one to each main
island. The first one isn't too far away from your home, but I'm
unsure if you need to do the mission where you rob the old guy's guns
from his house first. anyway, I found you the note from a guide, I'd
print more, but you don't want it TOO easy do you? :O)

Burglar
Starting Point: Black Boxville in apartment complex south across
the street
from the gym,
Difficulty: 1/10
You can only start this mission between 20:00 and 6:00

The two on the other islands are much harder to find than this one,
and beware, you often bump into folks just sitting on their couches,
including gang members and their homies, who will be less than pleased
to see you!

> what does finishing driving school get you?

Driving school makes it so you can do the missions for the garage and
then you can start collecting cars for the docks, for which there's a
lot of money.

--
Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
Stop and Look

In message <20981-4223A9CB-163@storefull-3133.bay.webtv.net>
garvol@msn.com (Coach Mike Wyatt) wrote:

> how do you get to burglaries?

After Ryder's mission 'Home Invasion', you'll find the black Boxville
van needed to activate this mission a few blocks away from Grove Street.
Specifically: From CJ's house, turn left and go down the alley-way,
then turn right at the end. Near the second left on this road are a
load of blue apartment-type buildings. The Boxville should be there.
What I'd suggest doing is taking the Boxville and parking it in your
garage, then you can start the mission exactly when the game allows you
and you're have more time.

Btw, has anyone seen a black Boxville driving around with normal
traffic? Very occasionally, and especially in the early morning, you
see the driver has a balaclava on!

> what does finishing driving school get you?

All Gold - Hotknife
All Silver - Bullitt
All Bronze - Super GT

Cheers,
Rob

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> The two on the other islands are much harder to find than this one,
> and beware, you often bump into folks just sitting on their couches,
> including gang members and their homies, who will be less than pleased
> to see you!

Oh no! A bunch of Ballas, an enclosed space and me with a shitload of
Molotovs? Whatever to do next... ;-)

In message <d01n3d$tqb$1@reader01.news.esat.net>
"Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote:

> Oh no! A bunch of Ballas, an enclosed space and me with a shitload of
> Molotovs? Whatever to do next... ;-)

I don't think it's been mentioned on here, but using the silenced
pistol at Hitman level allows you to headshot them really quickly.
This is even effective in taking out the three or sometimes four gang
members who will no doubt have automatic weapons.
The silenced 9mm also has the advantage of not alerting the police to
your presence, even if you find the house owners upstairs in bed.

The one that really freaked me out is the neighbour with the samurai
sword.

Cheers,
Rob

Razor wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > The two on the other islands are much harder to find than this one,
> > and beware, you often bump into folks just sitting on their couches,
> > including gang members and their homies, who will be less than pleased
> > to see you!
>
> Oh no! A bunch of Ballas, an enclosed space and me with a shitload of
> Molotovs? Whatever to do next... ;-)

:O)) ah, but you also have to get out before the cops come, AND
sometimes they're Grove Street
--

Rob White wrote:

> In message <d01n3d$tqb$1@reader01.news.esat.net>
> "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote:
>
> > Oh no! A bunch of Ballas, an enclosed space and me with a shitload of
> > Molotovs? Whatever to do next... ;-)
>
> I don't think it's been mentioned on here, but using the silenced
> pistol at Hitman level allows you to headshot them really quickly.
> This is even effective in taking out the three or sometimes four gang
> members who will no doubt have automatic weapons.
> The silenced 9mm also has the advantage of not alerting the police to
> your presence, even if you find the house owners upstairs in bed.
>
> The one that really freaked me out is the neighbour with the samurai
> sword.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

Jees, haven't met that one yet. I had one house in San Fiero, very
nice, upstairs and downstairs place, only every time I went back in
this chick was sitting, alive, in an armchair. I must have killed her
six times!
--

Rob White wrote:

> In message <20981-4223A9CB-163@storefull-3133.bay.webtv.net>
> garvol@msn.com (Coach Mike Wyatt) wrote:
>
> > how do you get to burglaries?
>
> After Ryder's mission 'Home Invasion', you'll find the black Boxville
> van needed to activate this mission a few blocks away from Grove Street.
> Specifically: From CJ's house, turn left and go down the alley-way,
> then turn right at the end. Near the second left on this road are a
> load of blue apartment-type buildings. The Boxville should be there.
> What I'd suggest doing is taking the Boxville and parking it in your
> garage, then you can start the mission exactly when the game allows you
> and you're have more time.
>
> Btw, has anyone seen a black Boxville driving around with normal
> traffic? Very occasionally, and especially in the early morning, you
> see the driver has a balaclava on!

Heh, never seen that, but I'll keep my eye out

--
Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:01:11 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

> Coach Mike Wyatt wrote:
>>
>> how do you get to burglaries?
>>
> After 8pm you need to find one of three vans parked one to each main
> island. The first one isn't too far away from your home, but I'm unsure if
> you need to do the mission where you rob the old guy's guns from his house
> first.

you can do the mission but get no cash for the items. good for practise, i
suppose...

bryan wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:01:11 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > Coach Mike Wyatt wrote:
> >>
> >> how do you get to burglaries?
> >>
> > After 8pm you need to find one of three vans parked one to each main
> > island. The first one isn't too far away from your home, but I'm unsure if
> > you need to do the mission where you rob the old guy's guns from his house
> > first.
>
> you can do the mission but get no cash for the items. good for practise, i
> suppose...

None at all? I'll have to have a go... I just finished the mains
toryline again so I'll be warming skinny CJ up
--

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 23:36:54 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

> bryan wrote:

>> > After 8pm you need to find one of three vans parked one to each main
>> > island. The first one isn't too far away from your home, but I'm
>> > unsure if you need to do the mission where you rob the old guy's guns
>> > from his house first.
>>
>> you can do the mission but get no cash for the items. good for practise,
>> i suppose...
>
> None at all?

nope. i found a couple of houses next to each other and collected about a
dozen items before i noticed. i then tried a couple more to make sure i
was actually putting them in the van but still got no cash...

> I'll have to have a go... I just finished the mains toryline
> again so I'll be warming skinny CJ up.

i've just finished putting in quite a few hours to get my c.j. beefed
up... you don't want to mess with him, i'm tellin' ya! :)

In message <pan.2005.03.02.00.26.34.597665@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote:

> nope. i found a couple of houses next to each other and collected about a
> dozen items before i noticed. i then tried a couple more to make sure i
> was actually putting them in the van but still got no cash...

You do realise that you don't get cash for the items until you drop
them off at the lock-up don't you?

Cheers,
Rob

In message <42252CDD.FD64D61C@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> oh deep joy!

Nice one! I wish the reward for Vigilante was better than *slightly*
better armour, it only adds about about 1cm to your little bar in the
top-right. What's the point, especially when completing the Paramedic
mission DOUBLES your life bar.

Grrrrr....

Cheers,
Rob

Rob White wrote:

> In message <pan.2005.03.02.00.26.34.597665@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
> bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote:
>
> > nope. i found a couple of houses next to each other and collected about a
> > dozen items before i noticed. i then tried a couple more to make sure i
> > was actually putting them in the van but still got no cash...
>
> You do realise that you don't get cash for the items until you drop
> them off at the lock-up don't you?
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

a good point :O)

--

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:55:18 +0000, Rob White wrote:

> In message <pan.2005.03.02.00.26.34.597665@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
> bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote:
>
>> nope. i found a couple of houses next to each other and collected about
>> a dozen items before i noticed. i then tried a couple more to make sure
>> i was actually putting them in the van but still got no cash...
>
> You do realise that you don't get cash for the items until you drop them
> off at the lock-up don't you?

oh, good grief... i'll try it again.

thanks for pointing that out! :)