Laptop drive speed

Hello All

I have a Gateway 9300 laptop with a "generic" Solo 9300 12 gig hard drive.
Anyone know the spindle speed and access time (ms) for this drive? I assume
the spindle is 5400 rpm?

Thx.

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

Most drives from systems of that type are 4200 rpm. The model number and a
look at the manufacturer's website will tell you for sure.

"Anthony Giorgianni" <pleasepostbacktothetgroup@postbacktogroup.invalid>
wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> I have a Gateway 9300 laptop with a "generic" Solo 9300 12 gig hard drive.
> Anyone know the spindle speed and access time (ms) for this drive? I
assume
> the spindle is 5400 rpm?
>
> Thx.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Anthony Giorgianni
>
> The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting
back
> to the newsgroup.

Thanks Edward

I don't see a model number on this drive. Just says Solo 9300 drive, and
Belarc Adviser identifies it as a "generic" drive. Maybe if I take it out
and look on the other side. Something might be there.

--

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
> Most drives from systems of that type are 4200 rpm. The model number and
> look at the manufacturer's website will tell you for sure.

<snip>

Yes, the model number will be on the label on the top cover of the drive
itself.

wrote in message
> Thanks Edward
>
> I don't see a model number on this drive. Just says Solo 9300 drive, and
> Belarc Adviser identifies it as a "generic" drive. Maybe if I take it out
> and look on the other side. Something might be there.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Anthony Giorgianni
>
> The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting
back
> to the newsgroup.
>

> "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
> > Most drives from systems of that type are 4200 rpm. The model number
and
> > look at the manufacturer's website will tell you for sure.
> >

> <snip>

Great, thanks again!

--

> Yes, the model number will be on the label on the top cover of the drive
> itself.
>

> "Anthony Giorgianni" <pleasepostbacktothetgroup@postbacktogroup.invalid>
> wrote in message
> > Thanks Edward
> >
> > I don't see a model number on this drive. Just says Solo 9300 drive, and
> > Belarc Adviser identifies it as a "generic" drive. Maybe if I take it
out
> > and look on the other side. Something might be there.
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Anthony Giorgianni

<snip>