Sign in with
Your question

Computer freezes while playing games

Last response: in Video Games
February 21, 2013 5:30:58 AM

I've been having the problem where the games i play will freeze up, sometimes even crashing the graphics drivers.

When it freezes, if i press ctrl+alt+delete, it will run normal again, sometimes for hours, sometimes for 10 seconds, varies greatly.

I really can't figure out what it is, i've tried everything i've found through searching on the internet but none of it seems to work. The only thing i can't test is the graphics card, don't have access to a different one or the ability to buy one.
February 21, 2013 8:10:52 AM

Check temps and try different drivers. Is anything overclocked and what are your system specs? What games does this happen in?
m
l
February 21, 2013 2:26:00 PM

Idles at about 53C-55C, runs at around 60 when playing games. I've tried many different drivers, none have seemed to have changed much. Nothing's overclocked.

Systemspecs:
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
AMD FX-4100 Quad-core Proccessor 3.6GHz
EVGA GeForce 9600 GT
Corsair 8 GB XMS3
Windows 7 Professional x64

Happens in the following games
TERA: Happens while starting up, pressing ctrl-alt-delete will eventually unfreeze the game and become playable.
EVE Online: Doesn't really happen much, sometimes the drivers crash.
Tribes Ascend: Happens about 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
Counte-rStrike: Global Offensive: Can happen 30 seconds to 5 minutes in.
m
l
February 21, 2013 4:53:53 PM

Whats the model of the power supply that you're using? I'm using a 9600GSO (96 Shaders version) which is the same as a 9600GT and im getting the same issue. However my games freeze and i have to turn off the system manually via the power button. I'm 120% Sure its the power supply
m
l
!