Computer freezes while playing games

I've been having the problem where the games i play will freeze up, sometimes even crashing the graphics drivers.

When it freezes, if i press ctrl+alt+delete, it will run normal again, sometimes for hours, sometimes for 10 seconds, varies greatly.

I really can't figure out what it is, i've tried everything i've found through searching on the internet but none of it seems to work. The only thing i can't test is the graphics card, don't have access to a different one or the ability to buy one.
3 answers Last reply
More about computer freezes playing games
  1. Check temps and try different drivers. Is anything overclocked and what are your system specs? What games does this happen in?
  2. Idles at about 53C-55C, runs at around 60 when playing games. I've tried many different drivers, none have seemed to have changed much. Nothing's overclocked.

Systemspecs:
    ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
    AMD FX-4100 Quad-core Proccessor 3.6GHz
    EVGA GeForce 9600 GT
    Corsair 8 GB XMS3
    Windows 7 Professional x64

Happens in the following games
    TERA: Happens while starting up, pressing ctrl-alt-delete will eventually unfreeze the game and become playable.
    EVE Online: Doesn't really happen much, sometimes the drivers crash.
    Tribes Ascend: Happens about 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
    Counte-rStrike: Global Offensive: Can happen 30 seconds to 5 minutes in.
  3. Whats the model of the power supply that you're using? I'm using a 9600GSO (96 Shaders version) which is the same as a 9600GT and im getting the same issue. However my games freeze and i have to turn off the system manually via the power button. I'm 120% Sure its the power supply
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Computers Games Video Games