Questions about Moto v265

Last response: in Network Providers
June 23, 2005 1:27:53 PM

Does this phone have a side button that will let you send the call
directly to voicemail when the phone rings.

Any comments about the v265 compared to the vx7100? I'm in the trial
period with the vx7100 and am thinking about exchanging it because you
can't send incoming calls to voicemail without opening the phone.

Thanks.

More about : questions moto v265

June 23, 2005 3:30:28 PM

The side button will silence the ringer but the call won't go directly
to voice mail. It will go after the usual number of rings. The v265
is an excellent phone, sounds great and works in weak signal areas
where most phones won't. The camera is awful and the inside display is
hard to read in bright sunlight. But as a phone, it can't be beat.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 5:01:55 PM

Thanks Gene, the lack of the side button thing on the vx7000 really
bugs me, and I'm also starting to think I would really like a
speakerphone option. Don't care about the camera...
June 24, 2005 4:33:58 AM

The v265 has a built-in speaker phone. Another function of the lower
button on the left side of the unit. It is quite good as a SP even
under noisy ambient conditions.
I have found that the camera is functional and about average for a
640x480 device.
If you use Verizon, they have Moto "is-arm" the photo-to-PC download
feature so you (supposedly) have to send pictures via email. However,
a third-party software program from DataPilot will allow you to
download pictures directly to PC.
You can also, if you are gutsy, follow some of the threads on several
of the specialty Moto users sites to change the "Seem" to open all the
functions to communicate with a PC - ringtone download, picture
up/down-load, etc.
I find it a very functional phone - everything the other felloow said
is true.

John

!