Mouse help needed

I have a dirty mouse and need to clean it as the wheel is sticking. Problem
is that I can't even open it! It's a PS2 mouse which came with my Gateway
Peformance 800 PC. I tried to undo the 'catches' at the sides...'that part
seemed successful, but there seems to be 'something else' which is more
centered and right inside the mouse which is stopping it fron finally
opening up.
If anyone can talk me through this procedure of opening the mouse, I'd be
more than grateful.
Thanks.
C.C.

P.S.
I believe it's actually called a 'Microsoft Intellimouse', with 2 buttons
and a wheel.
C.C.

Snoopy

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

Most meeses I've seen have a plastic disk that just spins off after about
1/4 turn.

"Champagne Charlie" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in
message news:Gptsc.616$Dm2.48@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

"snoopy" <snoop-dog@my-doghouse.com> wrote in message
> Most meeses I've seen have a plastic disk that just spins off after about
> 1/4 turn.
>
> "Champagne Charlie" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:Gptsc.616$Dm2.48@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > P.S.
> > I believe it's actually called a 'Microsoft Intellimouse', with 2
buttons
> > and a wheel.
> > C.C.

Got it! It was a hidden screw....'under the teflon pads!
C.C.