Sign in with
Your question

Intel Pentium III socket 7

Last response: in Overclocking
October 23, 2004 5:53:54 PM

Yeah so my friends fan broke. and hes got a cpu listed upove. I boguht a fan for a Soctet 370.. Will it work?

As I sit up in my bed looking at all the stars, I begin to wonder... WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROOF!?
a b K Overclocking
October 24, 2004 4:34:08 AM

There is no Pentium III Socket 7, all Pentium III's were either Socket 370 or Slot 1. And Socket 370 coolers fit Socket 7 and even Socket 462, they're universal.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
October 24, 2004 2:55:54 PM

Well we just ended up stealing the fan of his new heatsink and stuck it on his old one.. We couldnt figure out how to take the sink off.

As I sit up in my bed looking at all the stars, I begin to wonder... WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROOF!?
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
October 24, 2004 10:06:57 PM

Was it Socket 370 or Slot 1?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
October 25, 2004 12:19:48 AM

a b K Overclocking
October 25, 2004 1:32:01 AM

Usually clipped on like an old Socket 7 sink, you just push the metal tab down and pry it away from the lug, many clips don't have a tool hook so you end up needing two screwdrivers (1 to push, 1 to pry).

October 25, 2004 3:09:19 AM

Yeah I tried that. Wouldnt budge, and I didnt wanna kill his mithboard by scraping it or cracking it.

!