Intel Pentium III socket 7

Yeah so my friends fan broke. and hes got a cpu listed upove. I boguht a fan for a Soctet 370.. Will it work?

As I sit up in my bed looking at all the stars, I begin to wonder... WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROOF!?
6 answers Last reply
More about intel pentium socket
  1. There is no Pentium III Socket 7, all Pentium III's were either Socket 370 or Slot 1. And Socket 370 coolers fit Socket 7 and even Socket 462, they're universal.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  2. Well we just ended up stealing the fan of his new heatsink and stuck it on his old one.. We couldnt figure out how to take the sink off.

As I sit up in my bed looking at all the stars, I begin to wonder... WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROOF!?
  3. Was it Socket 370 or Slot 1?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  4. 370

5. Usually clipped on like an old Socket 7 sink, you just push the metal tab down and pry it away from the lug, many clips don't have a tool hook so you end up needing two screwdrivers (1 to push, 1 to pry).

6. Yeah I tried that. Wouldnt budge, and I didnt wanna kill his mithboard by scraping it or cracking it.

Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Fan Socket 7 Pentium Overclocking