Sign in with
Your question

Max Payne 2, Great short game!

Last response: in Video Games
October 17, 2003 12:01:23 AM

I started and finished Max Payne today, didn't take me more than 4 hours, though I must say those were 4 fun packed hours. The game seems a bit like an expansion pack to the first, since all the features are the same and all you get is a new story, new weapons, new character and (oh my god) better graphics.
I only played the game at regular difficulty, but that's what matters, right? Other difficulties let you play through the storyline with tougher enemies of a time limit.
I just wanna add something about Max (the dude, not the game), he has become so uncool! Where are the small jokes? The sarcasm towards the guy with the baseball bat to his face? All we have now is poor depressed Payne. They also changed his appearance during the cut-seems, now he's old.

Roses are <font color=red>red</font color=red>, violets are <font color=blue>blue</font color=blue>, post something stupid and I won't reply to you!
October 17, 2003 5:59:28 AM

I'm playing it now, and yeah it looks like it's gonna be short.

Graphics are better, but not really THAT much better. The new havoc physics engine is what I like. It has the HL2 rag-doll effect on dead bodies, and you can push over boxes etc... The AI is really good too.

I totally agree with the expansion pack feeling. You can totally tell it's the same game, not that that's a bad thing of course.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.
Related resources
October 18, 2003 11:24:40 PM

i have started playing it today, and it seems similar to the last one although the graphics and general physics of the engine are much improved. I think it is going to be a great play, and as i am rubbish at games it will take me ages to finish anyway. i got stuck on the first level...
October 22, 2003 12:04:42 AM

I believe I'm at the end, where I'm dodging Val's bombs, but for the life of me I can't get that giant spike to fall on him (after I knocked the platform down). Do I just keep shooting the rope/ hook it's tied to?

Is there anything really more to say?
October 22, 2003 1:00:39 AM

I can't get over how well they've optimized the code for video! My GF3 ti500 (o/c'd of course :] ) can play max settings (with fsaa4x) at 30-50 fps. That's crazy!

Fun game, short, but worth it!
November 12, 2003 5:06:40 PM

Hey, what are your system specs? I keep getting an error that says my card is not direct x9 compatible but i have 9.0b and a gf4 ti4400 with the latest drivers. If that guy can run it on a gf3, why can't i? Have i done something wrong?

Save the trees.. wipe your ass with an owl.
November 18, 2003 4:55:04 AM

yeah i beat it in the first day as well, but it was a good three or four hours of play.

-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-
November 20, 2003 6:54:52 AM

MP2 is great. It runs brilliantly. The level design is much-improved over the already-strong MP1. I miss the stronger storyline and winter blizzard of MP1, though. Rain doesn't have the same atmospheric effect as snow, IMHO.

<font color=blue>
--------------------------------------------------
Guns kill people just like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
<font color=blue>
!