Guys.. I need help please..

tandra

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
I have a problem with my home connection, i set up 4 computers together using hub. and i am using ADSL. the problem is, when client computer wanted to access certain website, it is stops, e.g www.asus.com www.hardwarezone.com and many more... until i dont know how to solve the problem.

but for others website, it uns well. different from our server computer who directly connected to internet, it has no problem at all.

how can i fix it? i've traced tci/ip and everything.. and i really stucked here.. help please...

Double check the DNS settings on the problem PCs. Make sure they are consistent with the server.

Are you using ICS, static IPs, or NAT?

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=324" target="_new">My System Specs</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:

tandra

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
i am not sure, but what i know is
for example

server :
dns 202.188.0.133 , 202.188.1.5
IP 10.1.1.1
Gateway 10.1.1.1
subnetmask 255.0.0.0

client:
dns: 202.188.0.133 , 202.188.1.5
IP : 10.1.1.4
Gateway 10.1.1.1
subnetmask 255.0.0.0

please help me...

tandra

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
i dont know, but maybe i am using ICS , because i set up everything by windows tcp/ip itself, without any 3rd party program ...

if it is so, how to solve ?
thanks guys

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
so what you have is:

DSL modem going into one NIC on the "server", the other NIC on the "server" going into a hub, and all the "client" PC's coming out of the same hub? The client PC's are set to "obtain IP address automatically" and they all get an IP address and can ping the "server"? Also, can the "client" PC's ping the DNS server IP address successfully?

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

tandra

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
yes yes jlanka.., you are right, but I never et to obtain IP automatically. i set manually.
I ping everthing is ok. no problem. but onli for certain webpages cant be load. is that because of security problem? is that from server? but i set everthing to default.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
just for grins, set a client to "obtain IP address automatically" and see if there's any difference. Thats how it's supposed to be if you've set up ICS correctly. If you haven't enabled ICS, then you're best off re-doing that on the server.

tandra

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
Oh my... still cannot...
btw, is that because of "not enough permission" from the server? if yes, how to fix it..?
any software can help me?

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
I'm still confused about your setup, which you're not giving many details on. Is ICS definitely being used? Can you ping all the nodes I mentioned in a previous post successfully? Permissions are most likely not the problem. What EXACTLY is your problem?

tandra

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
yes, i am using ICS. my exact problem is i can access internet and browse it. but, certain website like www.asus.com , www.hardwarezone.com and many more.. cannot be accessed, the browser kept on searching the address.

www.hotmail.com , www.anandtech.com and the rest are OK.

i also very confused about my problem. I am using windows XP pro.

Perhaps the properties of said sites have 'issues' with your IE settings?

Cookie thing?

Really guessing now... :smile:

The Asus website can be sticky and slow anyway. Sometimes it doesn't load.

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=324" target="_new">My System Specs</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
ok, go to one of the non working sites on a pc that CAN access it, and note the IP of the site, then on one of the NON working pc's type the IP straight into the address bar, see if that works- Im trying to see if its a dns prob

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

tandra

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
hahaha, i also really guessing..
what about the cookie thing?
asus website cant load at all, and many more also like this. but my server did it very fast. i had adsl 384/128 kbps