Sniper rifle in Mulholland

Last response: in Video Games
March 6, 2005 11:00:09 AM

There's supposed to be a sinper rifle in Mulholland, according to the
(unreliable, misprinted) PSW guidebook, and also according to this map:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_aut...

How do I find it?

The guide also says that there's one on the roof of the hospital (the
one just north of Grove Street), but I can't find that one either, and
it isn't on the map linked above (which doesn't include the chaingun on
the railway bridge out of San Fierro, though).

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 2:45:14 PM

>Use this web site for anything you need to find in the game, it's the
>greatest.
>http://hem.bredband.net/708145/

You're right, it is cool. I had seen it before, but had mislaid the
link, thanks. I was also having difficulty getting all 20 LS oysters, I
think that has just helped me with that too (#10, south of the
lighthouse).

I've been flying the Dodo over the hospital, juming out onto that small
tower, and parachuting back down to get sniper ammo until now. I'll go
look for that balcony in Mulholland.

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 3:31:44 PM

I just got the Mulholland sniper rifle, and crikey, they didn't want
anyone finding that, did they? I don't know if there's a better way up
there, but I dropped down onto the roof from above on an NRG 500, then
dropped down onto the balcony, then climbed over the wall and dropped
down via a canopy that broke my fall (I didn't have a parachute at the
time, and I think it might be a bit low for the chute to open anyway).
Still, easier than the hospital roof in a dodo. I'll check Interglobal
Films as well.

Phil Hibbs.
March 6, 2005 7:24:33 PM

<snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> There's supposed to be a sinper rifle in Mulholland, according to the
> (unreliable, misprinted) PSW guidebook, and also according to this map:
>
> http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_aut...
>
> How do I find it?

Use this web site for anything you need to find in the game, it's the
greatest.

http://hem.bredband.net/708145/

Click on the items/weapons link and a map of those items will come up, then
click the sniper rifle icon that you are interested in and a screen shot and
more detailed map will come up and you should have no problem finding it.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 7:39:11 PM

In message <1110124809.235657.152180@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
snarks@gmail.com wrote:

> There's supposed to be a sinper rifle in Mulholland, according to the
> (unreliable, misprinted) PSW guidebook, and also according to this map:

IIRC, there's one at the Interglobal film studios near there. All I can
remember is that you have to go up some stairs to grab it.

Is that the Brady Games guide? They managed to entirely miss out the
photo op on the aircraft carrrier.

Cheers,
Rob
March 6, 2005 8:44:40 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <1110124809.235657.152180@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
> snarks@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > There's supposed to be a sinper rifle in Mulholland, according to the
> > (unreliable, misprinted) PSW guidebook, and also according to this map:
>
> IIRC, there's one at the Interglobal film studios near there. All I can
> remember is that you have to go up some stairs to grab it.

There is certainly one there as I use it when i can be bothered to
drive along there. The other studios block contains a shotgun and m47
or whatever they're called, which are hidden around the sides of
buildings. Quite a nice little area for gathering weapons if you can
be arsed

--
Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
Stop and Look

In message <422B4173.669E463C@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> There is certainly one there as I use it when i can be bothered to
> drive along there. The other studios block contains a shotgun and m47
> or whatever they're called, which are hidden around the sides of
> buildings. Quite a nice little area for gathering weapons if you can
> be arsed

Does anybody know exactly when some weapons become available at
Ammu-Nation?

I've got a feeling it's for doing the storyline missions. For
example, collecting 100 tags unlocks the Ak47 at CJ's house, but not at
Ammu-Nation.

Finally, when using the
abort-shooting-range-and-get-more-ammo-for-selected-weapon=trick(tm)
the game keeps on nicking me shotgun. Dunno why though.

Cheers,
Rob
March 7, 2005 1:20:23 AM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <422B4173.669E463C@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > There is certainly one there as I use it when i can be bothered to
> > drive along there. The other studios block contains a shotgun and m47
> > or whatever they're called, which are hidden around the sides of
> > buildings. Quite a nice little area for gathering weapons if you can
> > be arsed
>
> Does anybody know exactly when some weapons become available at
> Ammu-Nation?
>
> I've got a feeling it's for doing the storyline missions. For
> example, collecting 100 tags unlocks the Ak47 at CJ's house, but not at
> Ammu-Nation.

I agree, it seems to be story related, rather than score and such

> Finally, when using the
> abort-shooting-range-and-get-more-ammo-for-selected-weapon=trick(tm)
> the game keeps on nicking me shotgun. Dunno why though.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
did that to me once last night... do you mean the full long barrelled
one?
--
Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 7:21:55 AM

Phew. With a sniper rifle that easily available, I wonder why they put
in those two unfeasably difficult ones.

Phil Hibbs.
!