Sniper rifle in Mulholland

There's supposed to be a sinper rifle in Mulholland, according to the
(unreliable, misprinted) PSW guidebook, and also according to this map:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_weapon.png

How do I find it?

The guide also says that there's one on the roof of the hospital (the
one just north of Grove Street), but I can't find that one either, and
it isn't on the map linked above (which doesn't include the chaingun on
the railway bridge out of San Fierro, though).

Phil Hibbs.
8 answers Last reply
More about sniper rifle mulholland

    >Use this web site for anything you need to find in the game, it's the
    >greatest.
    >http://hem.bredband.net/708145/

    You're right, it is cool. I had seen it before, but had mislaid the
    link, thanks. I was also having difficulty getting all 20 LS oysters, I
    think that has just helped me with that too (#10, south of the
    lighthouse).

    I've been flying the Dodo over the hospital, juming out onto that small
    tower, and parachuting back down to get sniper ammo until now. I'll go
    look for that balcony in Mulholland.

    Phil Hibbs.

    I just got the Mulholland sniper rifle, and crikey, they didn't want
    anyone finding that, did they? I don't know if there's a better way up
    there, but I dropped down onto the roof from above on an NRG 500, then
    dropped down onto the balcony, then climbed over the wall and dropped
    down via a canopy that broke my fall (I didn't have a parachute at the
    time, and I think it might be a bit low for the chute to open anyway).
    Still, easier than the hospital roof in a dodo. I'll check Interglobal
    Films as well.

    Phil Hibbs.

    <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > There's supposed to be a sinper rifle in Mulholland, according to the
    > (unreliable, misprinted) PSW guidebook, and also according to this map:
    >
    > http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_weapon.png
    >
    > How do I find it?

    Use this web site for anything you need to find in the game, it's the
    greatest.

    http://hem.bredband.net/708145/

    Click on the items/weapons link and a map of those items will come up, then
    click the sniper rifle icon that you are interested in and a screen shot and
    more detailed map will come up and you should have no problem finding it.

    In message <1110124809.235657.152180@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
    snarks@gmail.com wrote:

    > There's supposed to be a sinper rifle in Mulholland, according to the
    > (unreliable, misprinted) PSW guidebook, and also according to this map:

    IIRC, there's one at the Interglobal film studios near there. All I can
    remember is that you have to go up some stairs to grab it.

    Is that the Brady Games guide? They managed to entirely miss out the
    photo op on the aircraft carrrier.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:

    > In message <1110124809.235657.152180@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
    > snarks@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > There's supposed to be a sinper rifle in Mulholland, according to the
    > > (unreliable, misprinted) PSW guidebook, and also according to this map:
    >
    > IIRC, there's one at the Interglobal film studios near there. All I can
    > remember is that you have to go up some stairs to grab it.

    There is certainly one there as I use it when i can be bothered to
    drive along there. The other studios block contains a shotgun and m47
    or whatever they're called, which are hidden around the sides of
    buildings. Quite a nice little area for gathering weapons if you can
    be arsed

    --
    Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
    Stop and Look

    In message <422B4173.669E463C@blueyonder.co.uk>
    Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > There is certainly one there as I use it when i can be bothered to
    > drive along there. The other studios block contains a shotgun and m47
    > or whatever they're called, which are hidden around the sides of
    > buildings. Quite a nice little area for gathering weapons if you can
    > be arsed

    Does anybody know exactly when some weapons become available at
    Ammu-Nation?

    I've got a feeling it's for doing the storyline missions. For
    example, collecting 100 tags unlocks the Ak47 at CJ's house, but not at
    Ammu-Nation.

    Finally, when using the
    abort-shooting-range-and-get-more-ammo-for-selected-weapon=trick(tm)
    the game keeps on nicking me shotgun. Dunno why though.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:

    > In message <422B4173.669E463C@blueyonder.co.uk>
    > Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > > There is certainly one there as I use it when i can be bothered to
    > > drive along there. The other studios block contains a shotgun and m47
    > > or whatever they're called, which are hidden around the sides of
    > > buildings. Quite a nice little area for gathering weapons if you can
    > > be arsed
    >
    > Does anybody know exactly when some weapons become available at
    > Ammu-Nation?
    >
    > I've got a feeling it's for doing the storyline missions. For
    > example, collecting 100 tags unlocks the Ak47 at CJ's house, but not at
    > Ammu-Nation.

    I agree, it seems to be story related, rather than score and such

    > Finally, when using the
    > abort-shooting-range-and-get-more-ammo-for-selected-weapon=trick(tm)
    > the game keeps on nicking me shotgun. Dunno why though.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Rob
    > --
    did that to me once last night... do you mean the full long barrelled
    one?
    --
    Paul (everybody hurts sometimes)
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Phew. With a sniper rifle that easily available, I wonder why they put
    in those two unfeasably difficult ones.

    Phil Hibbs.

Games Video Games