Solved

What games can an Intel HD Graphics Card run?

I have a 1692mb Graphics card and I was wondering what kind of games I could run.
Reply to Sodapop03
46 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what games intel graphics card
  1. Intel HD is not a graphics card but intergrated graphics and there are many versions of it which do you have?
    Reply to simon12
  2. It also depends on which "Intel HD" graphics you are speaking of.

#1 - Intel HD - In Intel's Pentium G series and 1st generation Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs known as Nehalem / Lynnfield.

#2 - Intel HD 2000 / 3000 - In Intel's 2nd generation Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs known as Sandy Bridge.

#3 - Intel HD 2500 / 4000 - In Intel's 3rd generation Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs known as Ivy Bridge.

If it is just the Intel HD (#1), then your choices are very limited.
    Reply to jaguarskx
  3. If you have 2nd generation intel core i3 processor ,intel hd graphics 2000 or higher with latest drivers and with 4gb ram you can almost play all of the games released till 2010 .And you can play these games released after 2010:-
    Batman arkham city -play at medium settings
    call of duty mw 3-play at medium settings
    call of duty black ops 2-play at medium settings
    crysis 1,2-play at low settings
    bioshock infinite-play at low to medium settings
    devil may cry 5-play at low to medium settings
    dishonoured-play at medium settings
    nfs hot pursuit-play at medium settings
    nfs the run-play at medium settings
    hitman absolution-play at medium settings
    max payne 3-play at medium settings
    prototype 2-play at high settings
    mass effect 2-play at medium
    mass effect 3-play at medium settings
    tomb raider-play at medium settings at 1280*720
    the walking dead-play at medium settings
    Assassins creed 1,2,3-play at low to medium settings
    borderlands 2-play at medium settings
    farcry 3-play at low settings at 1280*720
    battlefield bad componey 2-play at medium settings
    portal 2-play at medium settings
    rage-play at medium settings
    grid 2-play at low settings at 800*600
    tomb raider-play at low settings
    farcry blood dragon-play at low settings
    dead space 3-play at medium settings
    Reply to kai2222
  4. cyberpro said:
    best go for discreate graphic card for gaming beacause

http://cyber-progo.blogspot.in/2013/04/how-integrated-graphics-works-intel-and.html

If it's a more high end card like a HD 4000 You should be able to play most newer games at least on lowest settings and a very low resolution with a decent FPS
    Reply to iplikator3333
  5. I have a laptop with an i73540m and Intel hd 4000 and I can run bf3 and bf4 on max res with low settings and get a very playable 25 - 40 fps. I've read you can overclock it too to get an extra 15% in game performance
    Reply to propete10
  6. Intel HD 4000 - In Intel's 3rd generation Core i3 what type of games can i run and if i were to buy a graphics card what could i get to improve my performance?
    Reply to Christopher11111
  7. Christopher11111 said:
    Intel HD 4000 - In Intel's 3rd generation Core i3 what type of games can i run and if i were to buy a graphics card what could i get to improve my performance?

Need improved performance almost any Graphics card will help. If you can list your whole specs, and your budget, I can suggest a specific card.
    Reply to psychodegu
  8. psychodegu said:
    Christopher11111 said:
    Intel HD 4000 - In Intel's 3rd generation Core i3 what type of games can i run and if i were to buy a graphics card what could i get to improve my performance?

Need improved performance almost any Graphics card will help. If you can list your whole specs, and your budget, I can suggest a specific card.

I have a 750gb hard drive 6144mb ddr3 sdram 3rd gen intel core i3-3110m processor windows 8 my max budget is 300$ I prefer not to go that high but if I must I will I want to run games like dayz and stuff like that smoothly.
    Reply to Christopher11111
  9. Christopher11111 said:
    psychodegu said:
    Christopher11111 said:

I have a 750gb hard drive 6144mb ddr3 sdram 3rd gen intel core i3-3110m processor windows 8 my max budget is 300$ I prefer not to go that high but if I must I will I want to run games like dayz and stuff like that smoothly.

I see from your processor you are using a lap top. Most laptops can not be upgraded, and there is probably very little you can do to get more performance hardware wise. My advice is save your money and at some point you can upgrade to a full desktop. An entry level gaming PC can cost less then 600$ and you can get on that runs dayz at very high graphics at 60fps for ~750$. Also if it takes you a while to save up this much money you could even get it for less as computer prices drop over time. Note this would require you to do some research and learning to build a computer (which is very fun).
    Reply to psychodegu
  10. jst lower ur resolution to 1024 or 800 and increse texture quality to highest game will run and look fine on interl hd graphics
    i hv played hitman absolution, prototyp2,mow3,cod, black ops2,dmc5,deadpool,mortal kombat9,remember me.
    now playng ac4 blck flag and arkham origin.
    Reply to lokeleen
  11. kai2222 said:
    If you have 2nd generation intel core i3 processor ,intel hd graphics 2000 or higher with latest drivers and with 4gb ram you can almost play all of the games released till 2010 .And you can play these games released after 2010:-
    Reply to shovan55
  12. hi, can u tell few games that i can play in my all in pc? its a lenovo-C340.
    it has a intel hd graphics with 3rd generation I3 procsor, and only 2gb of ram..ill upgrade it soon but i want to play few decent games..if u know any?
    Reply to shovan55
  13. shovan55 said:
    hi suggest me few games plz ..i gotta lenovo c340 with 3rd gen and intel hd grap 0; 2gb ram

If you have 2gb system ram then your options are very limited. Try upgrading the ram to 4gb or maybe even 6gb and you can play most games up to 2012 on medium graphics and games that came after 2012 will run on low graphics settings unless they are very well optimized. Some games you can play are Alliance of Valient arms. Team fortress 2 faster than light. Prototype. No more room in hell. Xcom enemy unknown. maybe skyrim.
    Reply to kanha98
  14. I am sorry to high jack this thread, but I am curious about similar things. I have an MSI B75A-G43 motherboard, a 500 gb 7200 RPM hard drive, internal card reader attached to USB J1, a 700 w PSU (not a gold/bronze/etc 80%, says something like 70-73% is common), DVD-RW with Light Scribe, 8 gb RAM (4x2gb DDR3 1333), Pentium G2010 CPU and a Radeon HD 6570 1gb ddr3 video card. I am upgrading to a Intel i5 (probably a i5-3470). The i5 has a Intel HD 2500 integrated video card function.

Which is better, the Radeon HD 6570 or Intel HD 2500?
    Would the i5 run Mechwarrior Online with the integrated video?
    Reply to Silver Wolf
  15. The HD 6570 is definitely better. MWO with is not going to work with integrated graphics (maybe on an APU from AMD, but still would be pretty low fps).
    Reply to psychodegu
  16. Alright friends , I have Intel e5200 CPU 2.5 Ghz with 2GB of RAM and built in graphics card Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset 782MB on windows 7. Am I able to play Mafia 2 ? Here is the game's requirements " Pentium D 3 GHz, 1,5 GB RAM, graphic card 256 MB (GeForce 8600 or better), 6 GB HDD, Windows XP/Vista/7.. " anyone ?
    Reply to SDB
  17. jaguarskx said:
    It also depends on which "Intel HD" graphics you are speaking of.

#1 - Intel HD - In Intel's Pentium G series and 1st generation Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs known as Nehalem / Lynnfield.

#2 - Intel HD 2000 / 3000 - In Intel's 2nd generation Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs known as Sandy Bridge.

#3 - Intel HD 2500 / 4000 - In Intel's 3rd generation Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs known as Ivy Bridge.

If it is just the Intel HD (#1), then your choices are very limited.
    Reply to Given 899
  18. Ok I know its a year later to be answering this "what games can u run with the intel hd graphics?" Question but ill answer it anyway since I know someone will ask this question again someday. My laptop perfomance(I bought it 2011) is as follows; intel i5 (2.30 ghz) cpu, Intel HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge as u may call it...) And 8 (4x2) of RAM. So far the games I've played with my laptop are: NFS Carbon,NFS Undercover,NFS Shift(haven't tried shift 2 though),NFS Hot Pursuit (latest),NFS Most Wanted (1&2),NFS Rivals,F1 2012,Fifa (8,10,12,13) AC 1&2,Grid,Split Second,G-Force,Splinter Cell (1,Pandora,Chaos Theory & Conviction),Price Of Persia (All),Battlefield (All,although 4 lags there n there),Medal Of Honour,COD (2 and Black Ops),Sims (2&3),Prototype (all),Mafia (all),GTA (3,vice city,San Andreas n 4),LA Noire (its a bit laggy though),Hitman (2&Absolution),The Saboteur,Batman Arkharm City and Harry Potter and the deathly hallows, those are games I played so far with intel HD graphics. I know that intel HD aint the best card for gaming, but to those of who who underustimate it u got to admit those r quite a lot of games indeed.
    Reply to Given 899
  19. I have Intel HD 4000, 8 GB RAM, with 4th Gen i5 core.
    I can run Borderlands 2 on High with some Lag (doesn't look like lag to me but to all the pros out there its lagging)
    Also, I can run Amazing Spiderman 2 on medium with lag (might wanna go on low I ran it in like 20 if it's overheating or not charging and in Balanced power setting)
    I can also run Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim in like 30-40 fps I think.
    But if you can play with lag it's no prob.
    PS: I used to have this crappy ASUS that runs TF2 at 10-5 fps so I can play with lag
    Reply to Buklaw122
  20. :)Nice one Buklaw122. I got a favour to ask guys,as we all know that Watch Dogs was released yesterday(27 May)plz if any of u guys using Intel HD graphics espicially "3000" even "4000" will do n u get your gaming hands on Watch Dogs plllz tell me if it plays or not or how bad the lagging is, plllz n thanx in advance.
    Reply to Given 899
  21. Given 899 said:
    :)Nice one Buklaw122. I got a favour to ask guys,as we all know that Watch Dogs was released yesterday(27 May)plz if any of u guys using Intel HD graphics espicially "3000" even "4000" will do n u get your gaming hands on Watch Dogs plllz tell me if it plays or not or how bad the lagging is, plllz n thanx in advance.

Hey man, I have a intel hd 4000, 4gb ram, i5 3440K (2.4 GHz). The game runs at about 20-30 fps with everything on low and/or turned off. I'd say its pretty playable-ish
    Reply to Shivam Sinha
  22. ABHISHEK SACHAN

Given 899 said:
    :)Nice one Buklaw122. I got a favour to ask guys,as we all know that Watch Dogs was released yesterday(27 May)plz if any of u guys using Intel HD graphics espicially "3000" even "4000" will do n u get your gaming hands on Watch Dogs plllz tell me if it plays or not or how bad the lagging is, plllz n thanx in advance.

Hi there, I have Intel HD 3000 in my laptop, It doesn't run. Even it doesn't launch. I get this error when i open watch_dogs.exe.

"Watch Dogs requires your graphic hardwarebe compatible with DirectX 11 and have DirectX Run Time installed". It may be because Intel HD 3000 supports 10.1 version of DirectX while 4000 does 11 version of DirectX that's why Shivam Sinah is able to run it.
    Reply to Abhishek Sachan
  23. Thanx a lot u guys,guess I won't be able to play it just yet :(...
    Reply to Given 899
  24. psychodegu said:
    The HD 6570 is definitely better. MWO with is not going to work with integrated graphics (maybe on an APU from AMD, but still would be pretty low fps).

I run it... so much negativity lol. I find tbh that although its not the greatest my i5-2450m with intel hd3000 with 6gb of ram is actually ok, I run it on low and it doesn't lag or judder. Its quite disappointing that all the threads like this say you can't run this you can't run that... spend more money etc.. some people cant afford it and they just want to play games with what they've got I just wish people would just say something more constructive than the no..
    Reply to Mortismelis
  25. Intel hd graphics are not for gaming
    Reply to Shubhanshu Mehra
  26. I have not used my Intel video that is built into the i5-3470 I use (I believe it is an Intel HD 3000 series) but the HD1500 that was built into an older system did not game at all and barely ran Windows 7... I would suggest spending a little extra on a graphics card if at all possible. I spent $60 including shipping/tax/etc for an R7 250 2gb DDR3 card that games quite well and does awesome on video. If you cannot spend that much, I have seen new HD6450 1gb DDR3 cards for $35-45 range (many at $40).
    Reply to Silver Wolf
  27. Im planning on buying a new laptop just toplay games like watchdogs, the LEGO games( sounds childish but they are awesome) GTA IV Call of Duty ghosts and what not. These are the spes of the pc:

win 8.1 64
    4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4510U Dual Core Processor + Intel HD Graphics 4600/4400
    12GB DDR3L System Memory (2 Dimm)
    1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive.

Is this good enough?

And also is 4-cell 41WHr Lithium-ion Battery good?
    Reply to slamsaad
  28. alguien me puede decir si puedo correr battlefield 3 en mi portatil windows 8.1 intel hd graphics 4000 2.4 ghz 4 gb de ram
    Reply to Luis Alexander Nole Nole
  29. Best answer
    I've posted an article on my blog that contains a list of many popular games and how well they run on different generations of Intel HD Graphics:

Games Playable on Intel HD Graphics

The table is interactive, just move the mouse cursor over the column for your Intel HD Graphics to highlight the data for it.
    Reply to pnv
  30. If you wanna knw what games u can run on your system just go to "can you run this" its a really amazing site. Just enter the name of a game n click go to check whether it can run
    Reply to i love gamin
  31. According to my experience u can play all DX9 GAMES.
    Reply to Shubhanshu Mehra
  32. I have a lenovo lappy on windows 8.1 operatin system. It has core i5 and with just Intel HD 3000 intrgrated graphics but i play specs ops : The line 2012 game and also need for speed most wanted 2012 at max settings very well. I infact connect the laptop with a 19" dell clone monitor thr the vga cable....the gamin is remarkable....if you have HD 4000 then i believe u can play almost all games includin recent ones.
    Reply to i love gamin
  33. I have a compaq intel(R) celeron (R) CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz, 1.50GHz, 4.00GB of ram. 64 bit operating system. with Intel(R) HD graphics. So what games can i play on this laptop. i know it probably won't be that many.. but thank you.
    Reply to Gajaundi
  34. kai2222 said:
    If you have 2nd generation intel core i3 processor ,intel hd graphics 2000 or higher with latest drivers and with 4gb ram you can almost play all of the games released till 2010 .And you can play these games released after 2010:-

Are you saying that these games are playable with intel hd graphics 2000 or higher on 1080p except mentioned otherwise?
    Why would I need a new gaming pc if I can play these games on my laptop which has i3 sandy bridge with hd 3000. I've played GTA San Andreas on my laptop 1080p with low settings & AA off with avg. frame rate of 50.
    Tried GTA 4 but is not playable even at the lowest res. & settings.
    Reply to K4D14N
  35. Painkiller intel hd 2000!
    http://youtu.be/ju4O8HTzpL4
    Reply to wolkersam
  36. simon12 said:
    Intel HD is not a graphics card but intergrated graphics and there are many versions of it which do you have?

I have macbook pro with 4GB ram, i5 core and intel hd 4000. What games can i run on it?
    Reply to parthshah200023
  37. kai2222 said:

Thanks a lot mate. This is a very useful post.

I also want to add that if you are using a Intel i3 with Intel HD Graphcs 4400, I think you should also check your graphics properties. This is because processors on laptops have a dynamic power saving property, which reduces the performance and frame rate so as to improve battery life. Check it in Intel Graphics Properties > Power > Then check maximum performance in both the tabs that say "On Battery" and "On AC Power" or something like that. This way, you can play most games at maximum settings, upto 2010, as long as you keep the anti-alising/anisotropic filter off and also keep the v-sync to off.

Also, make sure to keep the virtual memory to the highest amount you can allot. I have set it to min 20 GB (holy cow!, but yes ) to a max of 50 gb (I know, intel Hd graphics sucks, but, nothing we can do). That way, you can play almost all games at max settings ( no AA and no v-sync ), without getting the god aweful "out of memory" settings.

I even ran NFS Most Wanted 2012 at medium settings at 720p with this method. Or set it at 800x600 with max settings. The second one is awesul by the way. And if you want a pretty slide show, you can have all the settings max and have a gorgeous 10 fraps slide show. Must say, the game happens to be quite a looker. :D

Only good thing is that we can play all games uptp 2010 at max settings with these settings at 1080p or 720p.Personally, I prefer 720p, because the difference b/w 1080p and 720p is almost non existent to my eyes, which I take as a god's blessing and use the extra power for 2-4x AA. Fun, right ? Honestly, no :(

Hope this helps.
    Reply to TroyMcGrath
  38. TroyMcGrath said:
    kai2222 said:

Thanks a lot mate. This is a very useful post.

I also want to add that if you are using a Intel i3 with Intel HD Graphcs 4400, I think you should also check your graphics properties. This is because processors on laptops have a dynamic power saving property, which reduces the performance and frame rate so as to improve battery life. Check it in Intel Graphics Properties > Power > Then check maximum performance in both the tabs that say "On Battery" and "On AC Power" or something like that. This way, you can play most games at maximum settings, upto 2010, as long as you keep the anti-alising/anisotropic filter off and also keep the v-sync to off.

Also, make sure to keep the virtual memory to the highest amount you can allot. I have set it to min 20 GB (holy cow!, but yes ) to a max of 50 gb (I know, intel Hd graphics sucks, but, nothing we can do). That way, you can play almost all games at max settings ( no AA and no v-sync ), without getting the god aweful "out of memory" settings.

I even ran NFS Most Wanted 2012 at medium settings at 720p with this method. Or set it at 800x600 with max settings. The second one is awesul by the way. And if you want a pretty slide show, you can have all the settings max and have a gorgeous 10 fraps slide show. Must say, the game happens to be quite a looker. :D

Only good thing is that we can play all games uptp 2010 at max settings with these settings at 1080p or 720p.Personally, I prefer 720p, because the difference b/w 1080p and 720p is almost non existent to my eyes, which I take as a god's blessing and use the extra power for 2-4x AA. Fun, right ? Honestly, no :(

Hope this helps.

My dads old workstation is Intel core i7, 16 GB ram and i dont want to buy a separate graphics card for it because I will be leaving for college soon. sorry to ask a question instead of answering one but can i run some post 2012 games on this with a decent fps?
    Reply to soultrader9207
  39. simon12 said:
    Intel HD is not a graphics card but intergrated graphics and there are many versions of it which do you have?
    i have an intel hd graphic card and it says it has 1792 mb what games can i run?
    Reply to Luis_19
  40. on intel hd graphics of first generation i5 cpu ou can play on low to medium
    call of duty mw, 1, 2, 3
    all mass effect games
    crysis 1
    bioshock infinite
    borderlands 1, 2
    witcher 1 and 2
    x-com
    anno 2070
    starcraft 2
    world of tanks
    mirrors edge
    skyrim
    grid 1
    nfs games up to undercover i had not played anithing above that
    tomb raider 2013
    dead space 1 and 2 i didnt played 3
    ok im tired of naming games
    you can play anything that is well optimized up to 2013 with this the problem starts if the game is poorly optimized and requires 64 bit operating system basicaly i suggest 64 bit os, 4 gigs of ram and the pirate bay for download and testing if the game runs on your laptop/pc

my specs
    laptop hp eliteook 8440p
    first gen intel i5 2core cpu on 2.4 gigaherz
    4 gig ram
    intel hd graphics (first generation) lowest kind it sais that uses 1.7 gig of memory and these intel integrated gpu work by taking your ram memory and reserving it for them self so from my 4 gig of ram windows will take for itself 1 gig and graphic card will on average take 1gig too and that leaves me with 2 gigs for gaming
    operating system windows 10 64 bit

i hope this helps
    Reply to Daniel_120
  41. i love gamin said:
    If you wanna knw what games u can run on your system just go to "can you run this" its a really amazing site. Just enter the name of a game n click go to check whether it can run

I know this is a total necro, but I thought it was worth mentioning that SysReqLabs will tell you you can't run anything on HD2000 because it doesn't recognize it as a true GPU.
    Reply to DarkSideOfBlack
  42. shovan55 said:
    kai2222 said:

i have also played some games on intel hd 3000 13 core2 duo these include

La noire
    saints row the third
    gta 4
    kane and lynch 2 dog days
    red dead redemption
    fifa 14
    deadpool
    fifa managerr 2016
    counter strike
    mafia 2
    farcry 3
    Reply to Inaam_
  43. guys do you know any games like bully playable on this computer
    Reply to Inaam_
  44. I have an HP Pavilion G6 Notebook laptop with Intel HD Graphics 3000 with the Intel core i3-2370m 2.40 Ghz processor and 8 GB DDR3. What I did with it was put bottle caps beneath it to improve vent, turn Windows Indexing off to speed up and reduce the use of the HDD and use iObit Game Booster's Game Desktop feature to focus processing power on a game. I managed to play FEAR 2 at max settings at 1280x720 without anti-aliasing and it runs at 35-50 FPS.
    Reply to thr4shtilde4th
  45. i.v got intel hd 4600 wth 8GB RAM and Intel Corei5 4th Gen!!
    then which games can i play???
    Reply to shash13
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

PC gaming Graphics Cards Games Intel HD Video Games