DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED.. Crysis 3 Driver 314.07

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrekCreation

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
Hi there,
Crysis 3 is crashing after 2-3 games with black screen and white box saying "DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED". when i look at the nvidia balloon in the bottom right corner it says "Nvidia kernel driver 314.07 has stopped working but has recovered successfully".. this has happened 3 times now..
can someone tell me what that actually means??? or is the 314.07 driver just bad... should i roll back to previous drivers??? is it the game? or what?

Help would be more than appreciated.
Thanks

astensland

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2013
I have the exact same problem. I can play between 2 and 10 minutes and then the game hangs and exits back to windows with the "DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED" error message. The nvidia driver also reports "Nvidia kernel driver 314.07 has stopped working but has recovered successfully". Anyone have any clue what this is? I have a Gainward GTX680 phantom card.

nubz

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2013
i played for a while before changing to these drivers, never had a problem before. after changing to these drivers, problem began. so i would say its an issue with the drivers. shouldnt be long untill nvidia fix it

astensland

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2013
I found a way around this problem. I decreased the memory clock and GPU clock to standard settings. I have the Gainward Phantom GTX 680 which is factory overclocked (both memory and gpu). I used Gainward ExperTool 8 and decreased speed to standard nvidia recommended settings. Now it works like a charm. Played it for 3 hours yesterday without any problems.

WrekCreation

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
ok guys, it is nothing wrong with your card.. or drivers.. i think its on Crytek's side.. if you are still having issues after patch B (check for update in Origin, right click on game icon) then try this:

What are the optimal settings for your video card(s) ? Download the GeForce Expereince program here http://www.geforce.com/drivers/geforce-experience

After install, Run the program as admin, it will search for all related games. Select Optimal recommended settings for the currently active "screen resolution". So, if your screen resolution on your desktop IS NOT the same as the in game resolution, then change your desktop resolution to the same as in C3 before running the GE program

You can revert back you desktop resolution after the settings have been applied to C3

hope this helps anyone.. if you find a solution, or find this has helped, post your feed back here to help others

Alexander_Lexx

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
WrekCreation : I don't think that the dxgi hung is crytek's fault. Let me tell you why.
I've built a new pc for me in january this year, with these components : Intel i5 3570k, MSI Z77MA-G45 mother board, Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit, an my old yet still well working OCZ Agility 3 60 Gb, and windows 8 pro 64bit.

Untill 3 day ago (i'l tell you in a minute) i used the integrated igp HD4000 and when recently the new 3dmark arrived i decided , wattaheck lets see if the hd4000 can actualy run this nice benchmark. And it did with no issues regardless the lack of grapiycs power. Also it ran my moded GTA IV and Sleeping Dogs . So 3 days ago i got a good deal for a GTX660 Gigabyte OC . I had to because Crysis 3 was launched and my hd4000 was surely not the way to go :) .

So i went of course on the nvidia.com for some new drivers and the last available final version was 314.07 . I've intalled it , rebooted the pc and prepared for some benchmarks. I forgot to tell that i used my steam account to grab the 3dmark 2013 demo.

So i was really curious how my new gtx 660 will perform. I ran the bench did ok with the ICE STORM part, and just when it was ready to start CLOUD GATE it hung with the DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED error. So this is not happening only with Crysis.

I read some article how to fix this : it was all about going in the Power Options and set the PCI Express - Link State Power Management Setting to Off. That fixed my 3dmark issue and it ran ok after that. Also i tried 3dmark vengeance wich also did ok. Also the gtx660 did ok in my moded gta iv, and sleeping dogs, aldo it did creashed in sleeping dogs just once for no reason at all and without any error message. I did not tested any other games and i'm not entirely sure that setting the Link State Power Management to Off was actulay the solution . I've heard people having this issue with other games too . I have to mention that crysis 3 did crashed also with the previous final stage driver 310.90. I think that this could be a 50-50 error issue between nvidia and some applications. If i did any grammatical mistakes , sorry for that.

Alexander_Lexx

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
PS: After i placed this message i wanted to play a little sleeping dogs. What do you kow :)? It crashed just at the start , so did crysis 3. I decided to run again from steam 3dmark 2013 and it worked fine . i am now on 314.07. It seems to be random , 'cause sometime i play sleeping dogs for a longer period of time and crysis 3 and nothing happens, and some times it crashes relatively after a shor period of gameplay. Everyting is at stock freq.

WrekCreation

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
Well i can tell you its not the driver... because i tried rolling back to previous ones and it did the same... i never had a problem before.. played BF3 ect for ages with no issues... they also say if you raise your voltage by 10 it will fix it but i dont recommend this as i dont think this is the issue

Alexander_Lexx

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Before this system I had an i5 750/p67/560ti sli system. When I sold it I kept the ssd but never did a clean install for win. Last night I did a fresh reinstall but I kept the NVidia driver from win which is 311.06 and it seems to be official but on NVidia.com this driver does not exist(beta nor final) . My belief is that is a custom build for win , dough is incomplete because it has only the graphics driver without physics and other packages. Anyway I used it like this in 3dmark2013 stalker, and sleeping dogs with no error whatsoever . Now I'm reinstalling crisis . Lets hope that this was just a driver issue. Notice that NVidia divers do tend to crash and auto recover. I'll be back after more testing.

thedude300

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I have this exact problem. This driver doesn't like over clocking to much I guess. I run benchmarks and games on stock and it runs fine and then when I up my clock and mem just a little it starts crashing on everything. Not with previous beta drivers though. That's why I know it must be the driver.

Guess just have to wait till new driver or beta is out.. maybe rollback for now?

empwillkill

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
I have this problem with everything i try to do including using google chrome. This driver is pure crap. am rolling back to the last previous version. Will report if I have any issues with this one but so far google chrome isn't crashing so that's a good sign!!!

vfr1200f

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
HI
I upgraded my old GTX280 card so i could play Crysis 3 due to DX11 and now i have all the issues mentioned by you guys tried latest drivers from Nvidea , turned all settings to low and can only get 5 mins max out of it also affecting Sniper elite v2 which crashes computer totally to restart ie no task manager. Black ops 1 and 2 play ok. Im used to buying installing and playing so this is all new to me

vista64 2.8 quad core 8 gig ram 700w psu 1tb hd

iAboodz

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Hello fellow gamers..
A solution i shall bring to your monsters under your cases.. After a whole searching and headaches, reinstalling and formatting I finally achieved the goal of playing this game with no amy interruptions.

Anyway just do those simple steps .. :

1-Go to your USER folder if it's in your game main location or at C:\Users\"USER"\Saved Games) the folder Crysis 3. move it to your desktop
2-Start crysis 3 adjust your settings and then quit the game.
3- Copy ONLY YOUR SAVE GAMEGAMES FOLDER to it's place in the main folder or as it said above.
4-Start the game and enjoy !

Yorgus

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

That works!! Give the man a dolly mixture.

ameymeher

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013

ameymeher

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
hey buddy, i followed ur steps but its still not running i am not getting ur 3 step and also which settings to change in the 2 step,
im having an ati radeon premium graphics , will it run?

iAboodz

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

I meant with step 3 is to copy only the savegames folder from the backup u made on step 1. And setting u need to do are the brightness u need to set at the first time u start the game ..

Good luck buddy !

giovybruss

Honorable
May 9, 2013

i haven't any file on Saved Games D: what can i do? GTX660 with 314.22 drivers

techguy5070

Honorable
May 21, 2013
Hi,

I am doing research on Crysis 3 level load error. I have found such a great solutions and resolved my problem amicably. Now I am sharing that blog article to others. This is one of the best online communities. If you want to resolve the error here is the link that can help you to fix it.

http://www.backspacetab.com/crysis-3-level-load-error/

Jun 18, 2013
Same problem here -_-
I searched for a Solution and i come up with this bollocks:

Crysis 3 - Cryengine error' and 'DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED – Fix

Solution: If you have any fault or low-powered Power Supply and a overclocked Graphic Card then you can face off this error. You need to reset the factory setting of Graphic Card and arrange a required power supply to fix this problem.
I found it here http://guide4games.com/fixes/crysis-3-pc-crashes-low-fps-crash-to-desktop-graphic-issues-errors-and-fixes But it is Just CRAP my PSU is 750w

Status
Not open for further replies.