Desktop Folders changing????

TR

All of a sudden, all of my desktop folders keep loosing their assigned
setup. I have them all set to open full screen and all contents to be
displayed as Icons. However, they keep changing to open not full
screen but about 1/4 screen and all contents being displayed as tiles.
This does not happen all the time but off and on throughout the day.
I reset them and they do fine for a while and then out of no where,
when I open them up, they have changed. It has nothing to do with
running any specific program as I have kept a log of what was running
between times this happens and it is always different program.

System:
xp home
512meg mem
64 meg graphics Card
Desktop set to 32 bit color quality and 1024x768 resolution
Config set to always remember folder settings.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,
TR

TR <spamtrap@spamhell.com> wrote:

>All of a sudden, all of my desktop folders keep loosing their assigned
>setup. I have them all set to open full screen and all contents to be
>displayed as Icons. However, they keep changing to open not full
>screen but about 1/4 screen and all contents being displayed as tiles.
>This does not happen all the time but off and on throughout the day.
>I reset them and they do fine for a while and then out of no where,
>when I open them up, they have changed. It has nothing to do with
>running any specific program as I have kept a log of what was running
>between times this happens and it is always different program.

I used to have problems like that, where folder view options would change.

After some research, I discovered that I had set personal settings for so many
different folders, that it surpassed the "folder view" limit. Not sure why
there is a limit, but...

I found info about some registry settings that can be adjusted to increase the
folder view limit.

I use a registry tweak from this website.

The second tweak on the left column is the one to use. Download the
"bags8000.reg" file and then merge it into the registry.

Now, after resetting your personal folder settings one more time, it should stay
that way. I've never had the problem again after I started using that tweak.

By the way, there are a bunch of other tweaks on that site, but I've never used
any of them.

Jeff

Thank you for posting this site, it had the solution to something that has
been aggravating me ever since I got my laptop with XP, i.e., the offer to
resize image files when using Send to mail on the right click menu.

In news:hdoic0lel8tik4fsql5b1h97qju1ga9hh6@4ax.com,
Jeff S <jeffs210@NOSPAMsio.midco.net> stated

| I used to have problems like that, where folder view options would
| change.
|
| After some research, I discovered that I had set personal settings
| for so many different folders, that it surpassed the "folder view"
| limit. Not sure why there is a limit, but...
|
| I found info about some registry settings that can be adjusted to
| increase the folder view limit.
|
| I use a registry tweak from this website.
|
| http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
|
| The second tweak on the left column is the one to use. Download the
| "bags8000.reg" file and then merge it into the registry.
|
| Now, after resetting your personal folder settings one more time, it
| should stay that way. I've never had the problem again after I
| started using that tweak.
|
| By the way, there are a bunch of other tweaks on that site, but I've
| never used any of them.
|
| Jeff

TR

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 02:47:36 -0500, Jeff S
<jeffs210@NOSPAMsio.midco.net> wrote:

>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>
>The second tweak on the left column is the one to use. Download the
>"bags8000.reg" file and then merge it into the registry.

By Golly, that did the trick! Thanks a bunch for the fix. Wonder
why MS decided to limit the amount of folders that XP could keep track
of?

Anyway.... Thanks again for the fix....

Regards,
TR