Celeron Processors

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
I have a Celeron 2 Gig and was wondering whether this can be overclocked or whether Celerons can be clocked at all, since they are based on the P4 technology? Obviously I do not expect them to clock as nicely as P4's but still, a little would be better than nothing.

Bush+Blair=Nazi Warcrminals

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Everything can be overclocked, you just have to determine how much :) I wouldn't try to go to much but you could definatly get a little more out of it if you have enough cooling and a good enough motherboard.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Some can be overclocked very well! You might be able to get yours to 2.66GHz at 533 bus (133MHz FSB clock).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
Man that would be one hell of a clock speed, too bad it's only got 128K cache though, damned Celerons. But here, in China, everything runs on Celeron because P4 is just unaffordable for the Chinese. I have a system going which makes the people here nearly faint, though it's only a P4 2.6 @ 3.120, 512 PC4000, FX5700 LE and 200GB HD on a GA-8KNXP. It's tragic and in desperate need of upgrading, especially the LE but here they treat me like some rich dude with a godly machine, makes me laugh.

I have a friend in the computer business, he's chinese obviously, and I showed him my momory and he went white. He said that it was impossible to get that kind of memory here, though I have to admit it's not easy to get PC4000 in The Netherlands either. And I told him I wanted a P4 3.2/3.4 and he said that it's impossible to get them here... made me laugh, the poor man. So now I'm looking at a way of mixing GEIL PC3200 with my PC4000, and hope that it will be a successfull match.

But what is available here are the 6800 Ultra's, odd but true. So I am saving up for a great vid card because they are so much cheaper than in the West. And the difference between a GT and an Ultra is only 10 Euro's here. It is a [-peep-] up world we live in...

Bush+Blair=Nazi Warcrminals