Celeron 2GHz @ 2.8GHz

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
I am running my Celeron 2 Gig at an fsb of 141MHz and it now runs at 2.8. Unfortunately the memory is throttling the system but it's only a Celeron... so I am pretty indifferent to it. The GF2MX 400 has probably more of an impact on its performance than the memory bandwidth.
But I could do with a bit of advice though as I do intent to upgrade to a P4 in due time...

Bush+Blair=Nazi Warcrminals

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
My dear Ned Flanders. Your name probably describes your current state of mind best, after all if there was one person in the Simpsons who should have been shot it is Ned Flanders.
So your Blairiteness support is wasted on me.

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
Ever heard of freedom of speech? Many Blairites and fanatic Bush supporters haven't.

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Ever heard of freedom of speech? Many Blairites and fanatic Bush supporters haven't
Ask yourself the same question. His freedom of speech applies here to doesnt it? You may realize how out of place that comment was if your head wasnt so far up your butt!

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
I never said freedom of speech didn't apply to him, and as for my head up my butt.. again you guys are wrong, it's not my butt that my head is up it's Wolfenstein ET where my head is, especially when I blow away a few Allied soldiers.

Tragic that you guys have to take your stress out on 16 year kids and people you have never met but then again, I wouldn't expect anything different from you fools anyway.

Anyway, don't forget it's not me who's dieing out ther on the sands of a country I shouldn't be in and it's not me who was never recieved by flowers but by bullets. The West never understood the Middle East and America never understood the world. But the Middle East understands the West and World very well, if they didn't they would lie over and let America and the West suck them dry.

Does this look like a current events forum?

Go find one.

diplomat696

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004
Liranan, you really need to quit the hatin and accept the fact that something has to be done about terrorism and if that means making a few people unhappy then so be it...its for the good of the world and for yours and mine own safety, those people can strike anywhere at any given time and if a bunch of terrorists go to iraq to fight and they die then that makes me happy, I say draw all them suckas into iraq then kill them or capture them one by one.
Also, how can you compare bush and blair to nazis, the nazis killed millions based on race/religion/ethnicity/etc etc, bush and blair are trying to erradicate evil terrorists who kill innocent people including their own, they have no regard for human life whatsoever and they should be taken care of period...end of discussion...you have no leg to stand on so dont even go there.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Uh, d00d, you have to remember 1/2 the forum is teenagers. And then you have to think about where you're posting political opinions. You see, you're in a hardware forum, there's a separate forum called "other" listed at the bottom of the list of forums where people have political conversations and talk about all the things the left supports, like sodemy and intolerance toward religion.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

wwswimming

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
That's a nice overclock. I wondered the same thing, how changing from the GF MX to the GeForce 5200 etc, would affect FSB frequency.

As far as Bu$h & Blair = THEY ARE WAR CRIMINALS
THE UNITED STATES INSTALLED SADDAM AS A COUNTERVAILING WEIGHT TO IRAN DURING THE COLD WAR. And now the US is cleaning up its mess, as messily as possible.

Right on Celeron 2GHz @ 2.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Horsefeathers! Saddam installed himself but he was kissed-up to by West. Now go vote like everyone else did in Iraq today and let us GTFOut of there!

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
The idiot that originally started this thread has been banned. Maybe this guy needs to go take a swim himself! I really like it when strangers come in and spread all sorts of BS, but dont list anything in their profile.

To save us both time, assume I know EVERYTHING :tongue:

wwswimming

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
saddam did not install himself, dumbkopf. he came to our attention after a failed attempt to kill the leader of iraq during the late '50's, early '60's. that's when america realized, "he's our kind of nasty guy". don't forget, the cold war was on, and russia was just a few hundred miles north. do a websearch for "saddam hussein donald rumsfeld 1983" and get a picture of the handshake that sealed one of the deals. that's when the US (along with england, germany, france, and russia) was giving saddam the same WMD that we officially/theoretically went to war to clean up in 2003/4.

asus p4c800e - 3@3
msi 5600 vtd
maxtor 200 gb
etc.

realmike15

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2005
Exactly what WWswimming said. People should learn their history, before they post ignorantly, when we in fact were the ones who helped armed Saddam. Let's not sit too high on that high horse, and judge people for their political opinions.

Every country has skeletons in their closet, INCLUDING US! Go back to school.

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
FART!

<font color=red>"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"</font color=red>

"<font color=blue> Wusy</font color=blue> <-Good sheep banger"

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
I am running my Celeron 2 Gig at an fsb of 141MHz and it now runs at 2.8. Unfortunately the memory is throttling the system but it's only a Celeron... so I am pretty indifferent to it. The GF2MX 400 has probably more of an impact on its performance than the memory bandwidth.
But I could do with a bit of advice though as I do intent to upgrade to a P4 in due time...

That's the north or wil celeron. They were lousy but did the job to a certain extent.

If you want to save money in the next upgrade consider what I did -

Upgraded to the prescott celeron 2.4ghz 533FSB 256cashe and overclocked easily to 3019MHz (have gone up to 3256MHz with no problem at default VCore) and fitted a GF4 TI4200 GC.

Your mainboard will need upgrading as well, but that's no problem as you can still instal a pentium CPU later if wanted.

The above components run 95% of new games at high detail well.