5700LE FLash or Modding

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
I have a ridiculously stupid 5700LE in my system because I am not in the mood to buy a 6800 Ultra as the price will drop in a few months anyway. But in the meantime I am stuck with this lousy card, simply because I destroyed my 9800PRO (it took me a year but I finally did it!!) and now I am really getting fed up with it, so my question is now: what can I do with this stupid thing? Is there any way of flashing it, soft modding it or soldering it to another card in the hope my motherboard will start running it in SLI mode on one AGP port?

Anything will do, as long as I can run this card better than I am now, as I have reached its upper limits of clockability (425/520).

Bush+Blair=Nazi Warcrminals<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Liranan on 12/04/04 08:57 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
A voltmodding guide would be handy my friend and as for peltier... eh, I don't think such a thing is available in China so I'm going to have to have a go at a homemade watercooling later.

<b>Bush+Blair=Nazi Warcrminals</b>

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Peltiers aren't anything fancy, expensive or even technologically advanced. They're a pretty common way to electrically cool stuff and I'm sure they can be found in China. As for a homemade watercooling--that's the way to do it anyway, kits suxxors for the price. I'm also 99.9% sure nobody has written a voltmodding guide for the FX5700LE, sadly. However, with a bit of research, he could (maybe not so easily) figure out how to do it himself.

Other than better cooling, I'd say he's pretty much SOL unless he's an electrician or something.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.