Cooling Advice To All: HSF For CPU

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
Use Zalman. They are the best. I have a AlCu7000B on my CPU and it cools it greatly. I am running my 2.6 at nearly 3.2 and under full load I only reach 60C, obviously depending on room temperature.

On my second system I am running a Celeron 2 @ 2.8 with a Foxconn HSF (Nacool series) and man that thing makes a lot of noise!! It cools the Celeron well but it's just too noisey to recommend, though its full copper HS looks great...

There are many types of HSF out there of which I have only tested a small amount but of the ones I have tested I can, without doubt, say that the Zalman is the best. Quiet with great cooling performance!

If anyone can recommend a better HSF, taking noise and cooling performance into concideration, please do so.

<b>Bush+Blair=Nazi Warcrminals</b>

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-nt01.htm" target="_new"> Wrong, this is the best cooler! </A>

Costs around $45

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
JESUS, that isn't cooling... that's a air conditioning!!! And I thought the new Zalman was big. This thing is a Monster!!

All I need now are some benchmark or test results.

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/nt01/nt01.htm" target="_new"> Review </A>

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
I have read the reviews and I agree with them, the Zalman is still a better option simply because it's not 'as' taxing on the socket and because of the negligible performance difference. So I will stick with my Zalman.