Apple Studio Displays

G

Anyone know if there is a way to run on of the Apple Studio Displays on a PC?

peach

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
<font color=blue>Sorry dude, but no cigar.

The Cinema Display, ableit probably the best damn screen around, is a no go for PC people like myself. It has an Apple Display Connector which carries the video, USB and power signals on the same line. I know of no 3rd party hardware connector that breaks out the signal so that it can be use by a PC. Not to say it isn't impossible, but I imagine Apple worked hard at keeping their propietary interface, well, propietary.

:cool: <i><font color=blue>on company time....</i>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
There are converters you can use, or if you're good at splicing wires, do it yourself. Now as to the comment that Apple Cinema Displays are the best damn displays, I don't find it so. The 15" model is pure crap. It has color problems, Response Time problems, etc. As for the others, I can find better.

Looking for wife able to cook, fish, have boat and motor. Please send pic. of boat and motor.

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
mmm... the 22 inch widescreen aint bad is it... though i still prefer my 22" lacie...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what are you chatting about... have you seen their monitors... got a 22" beauty standing right here...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong