Battery Problems Solo9150

I have a Gateway Solo 9150, the battery reads 100%, but yet it will not
Power up from battery only from external power. Removed the battery and
reseated it, whilst out reads as absent, reseating reads as 100% again.
This might be a a cause, I had it on charge up last night the battery only
charged to 4% even after 5 hours, machine was running, disconnected the
power supply and reinserted then it did start to recharge. Any help would be
appreciated
4 answers Last reply
More about battery problems solo9150

    How old is the battery? If it's more than 2 years old or so, it needs to be
    replaced.

    Paul Nolan wrote:
    > I have a Gateway Solo 9150, the battery reads 100%, but yet it will not
    > Power up from battery only from external power. Removed the battery and
    > reseated it, whilst out reads as absent, reseating reads as 100% again.
    > This might be a a cause, I had it on charge up last night the battery only
    > charged to 4% even after 5 hours, machine was running, disconnected the
    > power supply and reinserted then it did start to recharge. Any help would be
    > appreciated

    I'm having problems with the logic of your question. If it always reads
    100%
    how did it get to 4%? "started to recharge??" Did it finish? Start
    working? gotta be more to the story. Do you have multiple places you
    can stick the battery? Different behavior in different hole?

    I'm plagued with similar problems on a Dell CPiA. Battery indication
    does not stay in sync with the actual state of battery, charge, AC power
    etc. Claims battery is missing, but also claims that it's charging????
    Runs for an hour past when the charge level hits zero.
    Pulling/replacing battery, booting on DC, then plugging it in to AC
    seems to reset the thing temporarily.
    Does work better with a new battery.

    Also have a Gateway Solo 2100. Has a BUNCH of FETs in the battery
    charging circuit to switch between batteries. One shorted and took out
    another. Replacing FETs fixed the charge problem on that one.

    mike

    --
    Return address is VALID.
    Toshiba & Compaq LiIon Batteries, Test Equipment

    On Mon, 31 May 2004 23:22:56 +0100, "Paul Nolan" <pn1_nospam_@dol.ie>
    wrote:

    >I have a Gateway Solo 9150, the battery reads 100%, but yet it will not
    >Power up from battery only from external power. Removed the battery and
    >reseated it, whilst out reads as absent, reseating reads as 100% again.
    >This might be a a cause, I had it on charge up last night the battery only
    >charged to 4% even after 5 hours, machine was running, disconnected the
    >power supply and reinserted then it did start to recharge. Any help would be
    >appreciated

    Just to repeat my earlier request:

    Just replaced battery for first time in Solo 9100. Does anyone know
    how to replace the "face plate" on the battery pack? I can't get if
    off the old battery.

    Thanks

    Looks like a hunt for a new battery then, pity they are nearly the price of
    a notebook!!

    Many thanks for all your help.
    "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
    > How old is the battery? If it's more than 2 years old or so, it needs to
    be
    > replaced.
    >

    > "Paul Nolan" <pn1_nospam_@dol.ie> wrote in message
    > > I have a Gateway Solo 9150, the battery reads 100%, but yet it will not
    > > Power up from battery only from external power. Removed the battery and
    > > reseated it, whilst out reads as absent, reseating reads as 100% again.
    > > This might be a a cause, I had it on charge up last night the battery
    only
    > > charged to 4% even after 5 hours, machine was running, disconnected the
    > > power supply and reinserted then it did start to recharge. Any help
    would
    > be
    > > appreciated

Gateway Battery Computers Product