Stuttering/Lag in BF3

FilipGrizz

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Im getting some fps lag and stuttering whenever I play even on low settings when my laptop should be able to run it on atleast high. When it lags/stutters it is usually when someone is talking on skype so I dont know if that is a problem, it also happens when a loud sound happens, but its pretty random.

Processor

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
Dual Core w/ Hyper-Threading – 64Bit
CPU: 2.8GHz (Base) / 3.5GHz (Turbo)

Chipset

Intel® HM65 Express Chipset

Memory

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz

Graphics and Video

Integrated Intel® GMA HD – Mobile Mode
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M 2GB DDR5
VRAM Using NVIDIA Optimus™ Technology

also make sure you have net smoothing enabled and set to at least 50%.
(in game menu)
also the 555 can play bf3 but not at ultra or even high settings.
turn everything to low in the custom settings then use high textures and medium mesh.
turn blur off coz you should be close to 60 fps (if your running at less than 1080p).
set the render ahead limit to 1 in the nvidia control panel settings for the game.(the game is already profiled)
you can also go to the nvidia site and check what settings they recommend for the game.
also get the fxaa injector (be careful which you get and make sure its ban safe) this will enable fxaa on your game and not hit performance the same way as other aa does.

FilipGrizz

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

I have done all of that and I still lag.
I think its time for a new graphics card, would I be able to install one on the razer blade though? I was looking at this: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gtx-680mx/specifications

Do you think I could install that and it would work well?