Sign in with
Your question

Intake and Exhaust Fans

Last response: in Overclocking
December 9, 2004 3:02:54 PM

Should the side case fan near the CPU be intake or exahust?

Currently, I have 2 80mm fans. Intake at the bottom front and exhaust on the side near the CPU. Am I doing this wrong? I've been told that I am.

"A delayed game will eventually come out, a bad game is bad forever."
-Shigeru Miyamoto

More about : intake exhaust fans

December 9, 2004 4:13:43 PM

Side? As in side panel? That should probably be intake.

Mike.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 9, 2004 11:55:47 PM

Intake

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Related resources
December 10, 2004 1:23:33 PM

Even if the side fan is right inline with the CPU, it's better for it to be intake? Then the fans will be blowing at each other.

I think the best thing for me to do is just to test it both ways.

-Shigeru Miyamoto
December 10, 2004 1:51:43 PM

Something is TERRIBLY wrong with your PC! Your fan on your CPU should be blowing down - towards your Motherboard. The side panel fan should also blow in so that the heat sink fan is blowing fresh air on to the Heat sink

What are your CPU temps, because, from your post, you sound like you have it ALL backwards :eek: 

___________________<A HREF="http://www.moviewavs.com/MP3S/TV_Shows/Simpsons/flander..." target="_new">Audio Sig</A>|<A HREF="http://img113.exs.cx/img113/3772/c3othgrichpls.jpg" target="_new">Bored...me?</A>
December 10, 2004 1:56:45 PM

My PSU fan blows down...an my rear fans exhaust and front panel fans intake...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
December 10, 2004 3:56:47 PM

Ok, yeah. I've totally confused myself, and probably you guys aswell. The CPU fan is on correct, toward mobo.

My CPU temp at idle is about 48 to 50.

And I guess I'm getting the concept wrong about wanting to get the hot air out through the side. Guess I should be doing that out the back, and intake on the side.

Maybe that's why my OCing isn't very successfull! :smile:

-Shigeru Miyamoto
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 11, 2004 4:47:21 AM

You already have two exhaust fans, you forgot about the one in the power supply. So you have 2 exhaust and 1 intake, now you'll have 2 of each.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
December 11, 2004 11:32:51 PM

My CPU is a 2400+

-Shigeru Miyamoto
!