Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Games freezing at main menu?

Last response: in Video Games
February 26, 2013 2:58:39 AM

ive built a pc not too long ago, I have some games ready to go now... TF2, Mirrors edge, and dishonored. all three have one thing in common. ALL od them will go through the sequence of 'made by valve' 'activision' bla bla bla... then, when the game main menu starts, my entire pc freezes.

I had to reset my computer entirely each time. HELP MEEE!

for any reason if this helps... im using:
a sanyo TV as a display
asus z77 sabertooth
i5 3570k
intel 330 series ssd
windows 7 64bit home premium

any theories will help!
by the way, I have some other fully working games, amnesia, minecraft, ksp, halo CE, league of legends...
February 27, 2013 1:03:49 AM

haha happened to me before. you are using integrated graphics I presume. Go to Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, and uninstall Intel HD Graphics Accelerator or something like that, just uninstall everything that has to do with Intel HD Graphics.
m
l
February 27, 2013 1:12:29 AM

I will shove my PSU tool so far up yo azz the water in my PSU tool will quench your thirst.

No but seriously? what PSU are you using? and what graphics card?
m
l
Related resources
February 27, 2013 3:43:22 PM

beeding said:
haha happened to me before. you are using integrated graphics I presume. Go to Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, and uninstall Intel HD Graphics Accelerator or something like that, just uninstall everything that has to do with Intel HD Graphics.

Yes, intel HD 4000... Very nice for integrated!
You want me to uninstall my graphics drivers? How does that all work out, and what was your experience?
I dont see why the drivers would do this. Well intel. jerks. :p 
m
l
February 27, 2013 4:15:34 PM

And it worked by the way! thank you!
m
l

Best solution

February 27, 2013 11:57:00 PM

yep! the thing is, the drivers update your opengl which is a library in which the game version you can play, and i read that you can only play minecraft after installing drivers, so could i, but without the drivers you cant. so, any time soon, get a new graphics card... i have this: recommend it alot!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
February 28, 2013 3:01:23 PM

Best answer selected by TuxNTopHat.
m
l
February 28, 2013 3:02:15 PM

beeding said:
yep! the thing is, the drivers update your opengl which is a library in which the game version you can play, and i read that you can only play minecraft after installing drivers, so could i, but without the drivers you cant. so, any time soon, get a new graphics card... i have this: recommend it alot!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I was going to run after the 660 non-ti, so SLI is possible later. Well thank you!
m
l
February 28, 2013 10:00:38 PM

:)  thx for best answer!
m
l
!