whats the best method for cooling?

Kray

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2004
my motherboard is Intel D865PERL, i've just installed a ATI radeon 9600XT video card and now i got the choices i put the refresh rate to 85Hz and then started to get messages of the chipsets heating up at 59deg celcius unload load at idle its around 33

whats the best way to keep the chipsts cool, the cpu isnt getting any stress at all just the chipsets with the refresh rate turned up...

RichPLS

Champion
You can buy chipset coolers with a fan to improve cooling. Is this for the grafix card chip or the mobo chipset? The Intel mobo should not be a problem.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Kray

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2004
i got a feeling its that new graphics card causing the extra heat inside the case being near the north/ southbridge chips when under load the extra heat under a higher hertz refresh rate things are getting hotter.

what is the best way to keep the extra heat out apart from using fans to keep the chipsets cooler

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Maybe one or 2 more case fans to make the air in the case flow better.

You could try a 'slot fan' that sits on one of your PCI slots and blows air - that may move enough air to keep the chipset cooler.

Mike.

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Those slot fans are cheap and some put out some serious air. I took the bracket off of one and hung with a couple of cable ties so that it blows acorss my Northbridge and vidoe card. Dropped temps big time!!!!!!

georgebeee

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003
I use one of those slot fans myself, and I'm way happy with the air it moves for me. the price was exceptional as there is a PC shop near here which sells junk like that for dirt cheap. cd cables for .99, etc. same place that built this pc that has the slot fan in it

next one's gonna be a home-made jobbie though