Best SLI motherboard for AMD FX55

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Looking for opinions on the best motherboard that supports SLI configuration with an AMD FX55 CPU.

I'm willing to wait 1 month if that presents a better option for me. Cost is irrelevant but I would like the motherboard design to be liquid cooling friendly.

Primary focus is for FS2004 as this is the only software I use that I have to turn down options/details when running at 1600 x 1200. Also FS2004 supports multi-display output (i.e. GPS panel on one monitor and standard 3D world on another monitor), does anyone know if the SLI spec will permit such operation?

Thanks for your input.

Rob.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Check out the reviews at Anandtech.

The best currently available SLI board comes from Asus and cost around $250!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Either the ASUS or Gigabyte SLI board are pretty good but a bit pricey.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
I am using a Gigiabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI, FX-55, 1gig Corsair TwinX 3200C2 and 2xXFX 6800 GT's for about 3 weeks and it is rock solid.

They are our, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors. They are OUR TROOPS! Please support them.

TRENDING THREADS