Sign in with
Your question

I want to learn game programming.

Last response: in Video Games
February 27, 2013 12:54:02 PM

Over the summer, I would like to learn how to make simple games. I intend to eventually evolve into making more complicated games, but for starters, I want to start small. Im not completely sure on what program to use, but any suggestions/tips/comments are appreciated.

More about : learn game programming

February 27, 2013 4:43:00 PM

"Making games" involve several trades. I started out learning programming through text games (when I was a computer engineering student) in C language. Eventually, you get comfortable enough to add the features of C++ (mostly *pointers) and you get down to working with the windows libraries (windows'). I could say a lot more but i've already wrote similar posts in the past. Let me find and post them here in hoping you'll get a clearer picture of what consists of "making a game".

m
l
Related resources
February 27, 2013 5:38:04 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
"Making games" involve several trades. I started out learning programming through text games (when I was a computer engineering student) in C language. Eventually, you get comfortable enough to add the features of C++ (mostly *pointers) and you get down to working with the windows libraries (windows'). I could say a lot more but i've already wrote similar posts in the past. Let me find and post them here in hoping you'll get a clearer picture of what consists of "making a game".

Thank you, any help is appreciated.
m
l
August 26, 2013 12:29:23 PM

MikeTheCISGuy said:
Over the summer, I would like to learn how to make simple games. I intend to eventually evolve into making more complicated games, but for starters, I want to start small. Im not completely sure on what program to use, but any suggestions/tips/comments are appreciated.

try pygame ( if you're familiar with python ) or MIT's Scratch
m
l
!