Kerio PF 4 Engine Fails To Start

I decided to try the Kerio PF 4 firewall after Zonelabs failed to
fix the ZA 5 problems. I like the product BUT, the engine
(kpf4ss.exe) fails to start at startup. I checked Win XP
Services and it is listed with a setting of "Automatic". I have
to start it manually.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Running Win XP Home. Only startup apps are Quickens QAgent.exe
and Norton's ccAPP.exe.
--

Alan
2 answers Last reply

    A.G. Kalman wrote:

    > I decided to try the Kerio PF 4 firewall after Zonelabs failed to
    > fix the ZA 5 problems. I like the product BUT, the engine
    > (kpf4ss.exe) fails to start at startup. I checked Win XP
    > Services and it is listed with a setting of "Automatic". I have
    > to start it manually.
    >
    > Any ideas why this would be happening?
    >
    > Running Win XP Home. Only startup apps are Quickens QAgent.exe
    > and Norton's ccAPP.exe.

    I should have added that Win XP ICF is not active and that my
    cable modem connects through a Linksys 4 port router.
    --

    Alan

    A.G. Kalman wrote:
    > A.G. Kalman wrote:
    >
    >> I decided to try the Kerio PF 4 firewall after Zonelabs failed to
    >> fix the ZA 5 problems. I like the product BUT, the engine
    >> (kpf4ss.exe) fails to start at startup. I checked Win XP
    >> Services and it is listed with a setting of "Automatic". I have
    >> to start it manually.
    >>
    >> Any ideas why this would be happening?
    >>
    >> Running Win XP Home. Only startup apps are Quickens QAgent.exe
    >> and Norton's ccAPP.exe.
    >
    > I should have added that Win XP ICF is not active and that my
    > cable modem connects through a Linksys 4 port router.

    For those who have an interest....

    KPF4 does not like to be installed on a partition ("D" drive).
    Reinstalling the product to the "C" drive fixed this problem.

    --

    Alan

Firewalls Engine Windows XP Networking