Kerio PF 4 Engine Fails To Start

I decided to try the Kerio PF 4 firewall after Zonelabs failed to
fix the ZA 5 problems. I like the product BUT, the engine
(kpf4ss.exe) fails to start at startup. I checked Win XP
Services and it is listed with a setting of "Automatic". I have
to start it manually.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Running Win XP Home. Only startup apps are Quickens QAgent.exe
and Norton's ccAPP.exe.
--

Alan

A.G. Kalman wrote:

> I decided to try the Kerio PF 4 firewall after Zonelabs failed to
> fix the ZA 5 problems. I like the product BUT, the engine
> (kpf4ss.exe) fails to start at startup. I checked Win XP
> Services and it is listed with a setting of "Automatic". I have
> to start it manually.
>
> Any ideas why this would be happening?
>
> Running Win XP Home. Only startup apps are Quickens QAgent.exe
> and Norton's ccAPP.exe.

I should have added that Win XP ICF is not active and that my
cable modem connects through a Linksys 4 port router.
--

Alan

A.G. Kalman wrote:
> A.G. Kalman wrote:
>
>> I decided to try the Kerio PF 4 firewall after Zonelabs failed to
>> fix the ZA 5 problems. I like the product BUT, the engine
>> (kpf4ss.exe) fails to start at startup. I checked Win XP
>> Services and it is listed with a setting of "Automatic". I have
>> to start it manually.
>>
>> Any ideas why this would be happening?
>>
>> Running Win XP Home. Only startup apps are Quickens QAgent.exe
>> and Norton's ccAPP.exe.
>
> I should have added that Win XP ICF is not active and that my
> cable modem connects through a Linksys 4 port router.

For those who have an interest....

KPF4 does not like to be installed on a partition ("D" drive).
Reinstalling the product to the "C" drive fixed this problem.

--

Alan