Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

What pc game has highest spec requirement?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
February 27, 2013 10:45:25 PM

So I was wondering which pc game currently is the most demanding and requires the highest pc spec to run on recommended/high settings.

More about : game highest spec requirement

February 27, 2013 10:49:43 PM

Crysis 3
February 27, 2013 10:51:37 PM

GTA IV - it doesn't matter what spec you have it refuses to use it for anything more than 30fps.

In terms of games that require a lot of power in exchange for gorgeous graphics, then crysis 3 (though the original deserves an honourable mention), the witcher 2 enhanced and maybe Farcry 3. I've also heard that anno 2070 is quite demanding.
Related resources
February 27, 2013 11:19:47 PM

Crysis 3 needs way more power than Far cry 3. Witcher may need more if you enable ubersampling but otherwise not. Crysis 3 not only needs a 6770 just to play on low and need sa monster CPU to get much above + even a 680 only averages 47 average FPS on very high @ 1920 x 1200.
February 27, 2013 11:51:48 PM

Crysis 3, it even makes my high end system want to scream
August 24, 2013 12:35:32 PM

Why is Crysis 3 so demanding? I picked up Crysis 2 off the humble bundle, and even with it optimized it doesn't look that pretty.
October 18, 2013 12:33:30 AM

THIS IS CRYSIS 3 WITH OPTIMAL SYSTEM REQ
i get lower on optimal but on rest im over half bar ;) 

CPU
Optimal: Latest quad core CPU

You Have: AMD Quad Core A10-4600M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

CPU Speed

Optimal: Info
You Have: 2.3 GHz
RAM
RAM
Optimal: 8 GB
You Have: 7.6 GB <-im running 8 but a little goes for my os :p 

OS
Optimal: Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
You Have: Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit

Video Card

Optimal: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card (Geforce GTX 680/Radeon HD 7970)

You Have: AMD Radeon HD 7670M <-little low

Features: Optimal attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Icon Pixel Shader version 5.0 5.0
Icon Vertex Shader version 5.0 5.0
Icon Dedicated Video RAM 1 GB 1.0 GB

> This is my laptop :p 
October 18, 2013 3:21:56 AM

Darren89 said:
So I was wondering which pc game currently is the most demanding and requires the highest pc spec to run on recommended/high settings.

October 18, 2013 3:27:28 AM

Optimus_Toaster said:
GTA IV - it doesn't matter what spec you have it refuses to use it for anything more than 30fps.

In terms of games that require a lot of power in exchange for gorgeous graphics, then crysis 3 (though the original deserves an honourable mention), the witcher 2 enhanced and maybe Farcry 3. I've also heard that anno 2070 is quite demanding.

That should mean bad porting and really crappy optimization, not system requirements.

You should try Company of Heroes for your GPU. From what i've found it's really "heavy".
October 18, 2013 4:17:06 AM

Watch Dogs pc requirments looks quite a bit... intense..
October 18, 2013 4:23:18 AM

BlankInsanity said:

Indeed but he is asking about current (I guess already released), and WD will not be released until next year unfortunately.
October 18, 2013 4:27:13 AM

dsr07mm said:
BlankInsanity said:

Indeed but he is asking about current (I guess already released), and WD will not be released until next year unfortunately.

yes yes sad about the delay. but for current-gen its a must on Crysis 3, that game is just insane, too much graphics imo lol
October 30, 2013 12:45:26 PM

Darren89 said:

Its Halo 4 and in 2 years it'll be halo 5

October 30, 2013 1:50:33 PM

SteelRazorBlade said:
Darren89 said:

lol so you're saying a game that runs on 5 year old hardware is the most demanding? do realize.. this game isn't on PC its for xbox, textures, graphics, mechanics etc. are all put down just so the x360 can handle it. So no the halo series will never be demanding because it operated on a 5 year old console. If I tried using a 5 year old computer on today's PC games it wouldn't even start
October 30, 2013 1:53:00 PM

Optimus_Toaster said:

But does an unoptimized console-port really count as a game with the highest of requirements?
October 30, 2013 2:06:21 PM

Tmplt said:
Optimus_Toaster said:

But does an unoptimized console-port really count as a game with the highest of requirements?

exactly some games are VERY badly optimized therefore rape your rig without force
October 30, 2013 2:11:25 PM

onehans1982 said:
Tmplt said:
Optimus_Toaster said:

exactly some games are VERY badly optimized therefore rape your rig without force

I find it extremely humorous that The Binding of Isaac manages to do this. Not really raping your rig, but that would just be a point of really damn bad developing.
October 30, 2013 5:29:26 PM

The binding of isaac runs really poorly because of adobe flash. Whilst it is quite a good basic tool for game development it is buggy and awfully optimised. Fortunately Rebirth won't be limited by such outdated software.
October 30, 2013 5:48:42 PM

Graphically intensive: Crysis 3
CPU intensive: Maybe the upcoming WD (after being delayed, not sure if reqs will stay the same)
November 7, 2013 11:57:25 AM

BlankInsanity said:
SteelRazorBlade said:
Darren89 said:

lol so you're saying a game that runs on 5 year old hardware is the most demanding? do realize.. this game isn't on PC its for xbox, textures, graphics, mechanics etc. are all put down just so the x360 can handle it. So no the halo series will never be demanding because it operated on a 5 year old console. If I tried using a 5 year old computer on today's PC games it wouldn't even start

Oh, soz I didn't take note of the word PC there...
November 10, 2013 10:21:35 PM

Skyrim with texture mods
Far Cry 3,
Dirt 3,
Witcher 2
November 11, 2013 1:36:38 AM

Skyrim With Heavy texture Mode for sure.
Crysis 3
BF4 (CpU)
November 11, 2013 4:36:54 AM

From the looks of RAM requirement, COD Ghosts needs at least 6 gigs to start.... :/ 
But it looks like that community found a way to bypass that.

Also. the upcoming PC game 'Watch_Dogs' also looks like it needs 6 gigs of RAM and has high system requirements.

Apart from them, Crysis 3 tops my list.
November 11, 2013 1:17:18 PM

Gman450 said:
From the looks of RAM requirement, COD Ghosts needs at least 6 gigs to start.... :/ 

Also. the upcoming PC game 'Watch_Dogs' also looks like it needs 6 gigs of RAM and has high system requirements.

COD Ghost rarely even uses 2GB at most. They wanted to make it seem as if it was good by making it require 8gigs. Although Watch Dogs will take full advantage of the ubisoft engine, it also may not use the full 6GB of ram. COD Ghost is simply just a joke. Watchdogs seems promising, but I do expect miracles from the engine.
November 11, 2013 1:18:36 PM

Gman450 said:

Also, COD Ghost doesn't need 6GB of ram, it was just set to try to match BF4 and gain market by making the game seem more capable.
November 11, 2013 2:13:26 PM

CoD Ghosts doesn't require 6GB of RAM at most it will use 2GBs. The system requirments of the game are a joke. I can build a rig to run COD:MW and it'll run Ghosts just as fine. Ghosts is already disclosed from this topic.

On the other hand watch dogs, visually is stunning and I expect the requirments to be quite high end
November 11, 2013 2:14:22 PM

CoD Ghosts doesn't require 6GB of RAM at most it will use 2GBs. The system requirments of the game are a joke. I can build a rig to run COD:MW and it'll run Ghosts just as fine. Ghosts is already disclosed from this topic.

On the other hand watch dogs, visually is stunning and I expect the requirments to be quite high end
November 12, 2013 2:51:03 AM

meowmix44 said:
Gman450 said:

COD Ghost rarely even uses 2GB at most. They wanted to make it seem as if it was good by making it require 8gigs. Although Watch Dogs will take full advantage of the ubisoft engine, it also may not use the full 6GB of ram. COD Ghost is simply just a joke. Watchdogs seems promising, but I do expect miracles from the engine.

Right, and the engine isn't too impressive either.
Anonymous
January 28, 2014 1:00:54 AM

GTA V
January 28, 2014 1:13:52 AM

Anonymous said:
GTA V

It's not even released on PC yet.

Speaking of highest system requirement, currently, it's Crysis 3. No doubt. Although Watch Dogs could be the next but we don't know yet. It isn't even release yet. You can also say BF4 but Crysis 3 absorbs more than BF4. CoD Ghost is a joke. They're probably trying to make it impressive. They didn't need to do that if they want their game to be "sold".

August 4, 2014 10:52:43 PM

Watch Dogs is probably the most demanding game right now, which is kind of weird, because it doesn't even look as good as some other PC games. It is an open-world game after-all so that takes more resources then games like Crysis 3, BF 4, and Arma III.
August 4, 2014 10:54:25 PM

Assassin's Creed Unity may dethrone Watch Dogs soon enough though, depending on how well the game is built and optimized for PC. Then Batman: Arkham Knightor The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will take the top spot.
August 5, 2014 5:49:34 AM

IN CPU id say something like shogun 2 or starcraft 2.

In GPU Moded Skyrim id say.
August 6, 2014 6:31:31 AM

Watch dogs in Ultra settings ? Especially that MSAAx8 and Ultra textures
August 6, 2014 11:07:25 AM

Rally's right, Watch Dogs is a pretty tough game to run on max settings.
August 11, 2014 7:53:56 AM

Try Xplane 10. although its a simulator, ITS CRAZY
November 7, 2014 12:50:54 AM

what could challenge my notebook?
AMD A10 Elite Quad Core 2.5ghz with over boost
16gb Ram DDR3
Chipset AMD Radeon HD 2gb GDDR5
128gb SSD
1tb 7200RPM
Additional cooling.
No game presents any type of challenge
November 10, 2014 10:43:12 AM

Crysis 3, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed Unity?
November 10, 2014 11:36:40 AM

Matthew-san said:
Crysis 3, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed Unity?

Sorry but that was stupid. First Unity isnt out so you cant know, if you ask me its pure marketing so dont even bother with that.
Shadow of Mordor WAS pure marketing and its not gpu intensive it's more like VRAM intensive, nothing more.
Crysis 3 is okay, but with that perhaps he wanna try Ryse Son of Rome now.
November 12, 2014 6:26:27 AM

GTA 4 On 4K and Icenhancer
November 12, 2014 12:11:22 PM

For your information, dsr07mm, some people got Unity earlier than the release day. That's the way some online companies work. Unity is extremely taxing as is Shadow of Mordor and not just VRAM intensive. Give me two open-world games more graphically intense than Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed Unity running on ultra at 1080p and I'll admit my previous comment was stupid. I have a feeling that ain't gonna happen. No modding or 4k resolutions just a vanilla version of a game that's is more demanding than the ones I stated.
November 13, 2014 3:29:38 AM

Matthew-san said:
For your information, dsr07mm, some people got Unity earlier than the release day. That's the way some online companies work. Unity is extremely taxing as is Shadow of Mordor and not just VRAM intensive. Give me two open-world games more graphically intense than Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed Unity running on ultra at 1080p and I'll admit my previous comment was stupid. I have a feeling that ain't gonna happen. No modding or 4k resolutions just a vanilla version of a game that's is more demanding than the ones I stated.

For your information Matthew-san Unity is complately ruined in terms of optimization. On my gtx770 gpu usage is lock on 87-93% no matter what settings I choose and cpu doesnt even go higher then 60% anytime. I've seen much more heavier games for both hardware. And you can obviosly read/watch other people experiance. I recieved my preview copy week ago but I'm following agreement and I'm not talking about that until official date is not here for all people.
November 13, 2014 8:50:32 AM

I did not ask you for a review, so please do not spoil the game for other people lol. I'm running the game on tweaked ultra (no soft shadows and FXAA) using a i5-4690k, EVGA GTX 770 4GB Superclocked, and 8GB of RAM and averaging 45-60 fps. Yeah, the game isn't optimized very well but I don't see how people are getting such terrible performance. Unity is a gorgeous game and the hardware required to run it reflects that, and I don't care if it isn't optimized very well. You still have to have powerful hardware to run it,, and if you don't, then you're not going to be running it. So far from what I've heard the least powerful GPU you can use to run it is a GTX 660. Anything else and the game is unplayable even at low settings. Some PC gamers are just way too picky about the technical efficiency of games. Who cares if it only use 87% of your GPU power and 60% of your CPU, if you can play it at 30 fps or higher and understand what's actually going on in the game then that's all that matters.

Btw you never gave me two more hardware demanding open-world games than Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed Unity. Also, open-world games are usually the most demanding and Unity and Mordor are the the toughest to run out of the open-world games so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't say say a comment is stupid when it's not. It's one thing to point out your opinion but it's not okay to insult someone else for theirs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course, but sometimes it's best to keep some thoughts in your head.
February 5, 2015 12:21:51 PM

Optimus_Toaster said:

My pc CAN run GTA IV on 50fps.

October 21, 2015 4:44:16 AM

Crysis 3 is good but I like the graphics of Watch dogs and AC unity more... Its way more realistic...
November 17, 2015 11:23:26 AM

Darren89 said:

How about a reccomendation that isn't fps please?
November 18, 2015 12:54:36 AM

Unmoded there are a few candidates:
Crysis 3, Metro 2033, the list can go on.

Modded... Skyrim.
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest