Thoughts on upcoming Tomb Raider?

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
At first I was kinda 'meh' but having read early previews about it I'm tempted. It sounds like a cross between Uncharted, Batman Arkham City with Resident Evil gore and violence. That sounds like a winning combo to me! What do u think?

Plus I have $90 of Steam credit sitting there and I can't think what else i could get instead? Maybe Far Cry 3?

Solution
It's basically Uncharted 3: Boobs Edition.

Everything that was Tomb Raider about Tomb Raider is gone.

It's an action game that any 8 year old could plow through in 10 hours without needing to stop to think once.

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah my hesitation about Far Cry 3 is just that I fancy a break from an FPS..I'm playing Crysis 3 right now and Deux Ex. However the geeza is spot on about pre-ordering games. I'd be taking a huge gamble just to save $5 if Tomb Raider turns out to be cack. I don't think it will be but still if it is I'll still have my cash and then I'll just get Far Cry 3 anyway since I do wanna play it at some point and we know it's supposed to be good.

Chox

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
It's basically Uncharted 3: Boobs Edition.

Everything that was Tomb Raider about Tomb Raider is gone.

It's an action game that any 8 year old could plow through in 10 hours without needing to stop to think once.

Solution

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah I just finished it. Played it on Hard and it really was quite easy. The Tomb puzzles were stupidly simple too...That said I overall enjoyed it. Fun action adventure with boobs.

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

How is 'Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light' ? Is that more of a challenge? That came free when I purchased Tomb Raider. Figure I'll check it out at some point.

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Gotcha. OK. Well I'm gonna take a break from Lara's boobs now. Gonna try out Sleeping Dogs next then Bioshock 2 before trying out Bioshock Infinite. Happy Days :)