need help upgrading memory on Essential 950C Gateway

Hi,
I am getting a Gateway essential 950C computer from a friend of mine.
the first thing I want to do when I get it, is upgrade the memory from
the 128 megs it currently has installed, to 256 or more. Is this hard
to do? The computer does not come with any documentation and I have not
been able to find the docs on Gateways site. Could someone give me a
couple pointers as to how to open the case, etc? Any help is
appreciated!
Thank You!
1 answer Last reply
More about need upgrading memory essential 950c gateway

    "karen" <keyto@lava.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am getting a Gateway essential 950C computer from a friend of mine.
    > the first thing I want to do when I get it, is upgrade the memory from
    > the 128 megs it currently has installed, to 256 or more. Is this hard
    > to do? The computer does not come with any documentation and I have not
    > been able to find the docs on Gateways site. Could someone give me a
    > couple pointers as to how to open the case, etc? Any help is
    > appreciated!

    You can try going to Crucial.com and get their analysis software which will
    look at your system and perhaps have memory for sale. A computer
    semi-illiterate friend just took his locally made pc to Staples and they did
    the memory upgrade for cheep. I upgraded my older GW and there are large
    screws in the back that could be unscrewed by hand. I bought memory at Best
    Buys.
    Frank

Gateway Computer Memory Computers