Solved

GTA IV on new gaming rig---Help!

Hi ppl, this is my first post in this forum although I've being reading for quite a while now :P

I've recently upgraded my PC to the following specs: I5 3570k OCed 4.2Ghz, 8 Gb RAM 2400Mhz, GTX 680 2VRAM.
The thing is I installed GTA IV and to my surprise (I know bout all the terrible optimization issues and how it's a terrible port to PC) it still runs like s***!

I would've hoped that this new rig would run it well or at least more playable, since it's running Crysis, Farcry and many other new games at max fps.

Is there a new fix o this issue? Coz all posts I found on the internet are from the time the 560s were new :S

Thx in advance! :hello:
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming help
  1. Best answer
    bruniss said:
    Hi ppl, this is my first post in this forum although I've being reading for quite a while now :P

I've recently upgraded my PC to the following specs: I5 3570k OCed 4.2Ghz, 8 Gb RAM 2400Mhz, GTX 680 2VRAM.
    The thing is I installed GTA IV and to my surprise (I know bout all the terrible optimization issues and how it's a terrible port to PC) it still runs like s***!

I would've hoped that this new rig would run it well or at least more playable, since it's running Crysis, Farcry and many other new games at max fps.

Is there a new fix o this issue? Coz all posts I found on the internet are from the time the 560s were new :S

Thx in advance! :hello:

With my Gigabyte Windforce 3X GTX 670 OC I achieve a steady 55FPS and I have a powerfull mixure of my custom ENB with a custom full carpack and added maps so I dont know whats wrong with your GTA but head here http://www.rockstargames.com/downloads#/?collection=9
    For the 1.0.7.0 Update which I use, It helps alot
    I have every single texture maxed out and extra high res streets, cars, and soon 3K water.
    My specs
    2600K@4.4GHz
    GTX 670 OC
    8GB 1600XMP
    Update your drivers also, that surley helps :)
  2. BTW my GTX 670 is the blue mobo on the picture, the black and brown mobo is the stock one with a black plastic extension. My GTX 670 has a custom GTX 680 PCB which it fully uses to it's advantage
  3. Thx for replying man!
    I'm upgrading my drivers right now and soon downloading the patch you mentioned for GTA.
  4. OMG IT'S RUNNING AT 130fps OR SOMTHING!!!! THX MAN!!!!!!
  5. bruniss said:
    OMG IT'S RUNNING AT 130fps OR SOMTHING!!!! THX MAN!!!!!!

Select a best answer and close the thread
  6. Best answer selected by bruniss.
  7. bruniss said:
    OMG IT'S RUNNING AT 130fps OR SOMTHING!!!! THX MAN!!!!!!

I bet, turn Vsync on and it improves quality :D
    I can easily hit over sixty without Vsyn and a vanilla GTA 4. (Vanilla means fresh like new, no mods)
  8. meowmix44 said:
    I bet, turn Vsync on and it improves quality :D
    I can easily hit over sixty without Vsyn and a vanilla GTA 4. (Vanilla means fresh like new, no mods)

Is there a mod that improves perfomance?
  9. hello friend .. im very porry ... i have p4 IBM computer . 3.0 processor . 2 gb ram 256 3d game card ..gta iv not supported... plzzz help me .. friend
  10. alihyder said:
    hello friend .. im very porry ... i have p4 IBM computer . 3.0 processor . 2 gb ram 256 3d game card ..gta iv not supported... plzzz help me .. friend

K.

Make a text document in your GTA 4 directory and call it "commandline". Then add lines that you need from here http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=458859

Copy the lines you need and save. Then run GTA and it will read it
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Gaming Video Games