Why Does ZoneAlarm Pro Re-Ask Permissions??

Hi Group,

I have ZAP Ver 3.5.169.002 installed on a stable XP Pro system. When I
re-boot or re-start my Internet connection, ZAP re-asks for all
permissions I have previously granted in a prior session.

Anyone able to shed some light on why??

Cheers
--
Avenger©
webweaver@CATihug.com.au

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:24:58 +1000, Avenger© wrote:

    > Hi Group,
    >
    > I have ZAP Ver 3.5.169.002 installed on a stable XP Pro system. When I
    > re-boot or re-start my Internet connection, ZAP re-asks for all
    > permissions I have previously granted in a prior session.
    >
    > Anyone able to shed some light on why??
    >
    > Cheers

    Hi

    It was a known problem with earlier versions of ZA. To resolve it you need
    to delete the rules database and let ZA recreate it. To do that uncheck the
    'Load ZA at startup' and reboot your PC then go to the \Internet Logs
    directory (it should be under \Windows) and delete *all* the files in ther
    (keep any *.txt log files you may need) and restart ZA. It will ask for
    authorisations for your programs again but should only happen the first
    time. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA at startup' option again so ZA
    starts automatically at boot.

    Regards

    Bill

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:46:46 GMT, phoenix
    <phoenix@fakeaddress.invalid> wrote:

    >On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:24:58 +1000, Avenger© wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Group,
    >>
    >> I have ZAP Ver 3.5.169.002 installed on a stable XP Pro system. When I
    >> re-boot or re-start my Internet connection, ZAP re-asks for all
    >> permissions I have previously granted in a prior session.
    >>
    >> Anyone able to shed some light on why??
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >
    >Hi
    >
    >It was a known problem with earlier versions of ZA. To resolve it you need
    >to delete the rules database and let ZA recreate it. To do that uncheck the
    >'Load ZA at startup' and reboot your PC then go to the \Internet Logs
    >directory (it should be under \Windows) and delete *all* the files in ther
    >(keep any *.txt log files you may need) and restart ZA. It will ask for
    >authorisations for your programs again but should only happen the first
    >time. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA at startup' option again so ZA
    >starts automatically at boot.
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Bill

    Thanks muchly Bill. I wonder if it is worthwhile downloading Ver 5.
    --

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:05:22 +1000, Avenger© wrote:

    > On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:46:46 GMT, phoenix
    > <phoenix@fakeaddress.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:24:58 +1000, Avenger© wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi Group,
    >>>
    >>> I have ZAP Ver 3.5.169.002 installed on a stable XP Pro system. When I
    >>> re-boot or re-start my Internet connection, ZAP re-asks for all
    >>> permissions I have previously granted in a prior session.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone able to shed some light on why??
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>It was a known problem with earlier versions of ZA. To resolve it you need
    >>to delete the rules database and let ZA recreate it. To do that uncheck the
    >>'Load ZA at startup' and reboot your PC then go to the \Internet Logs
    >>directory (it should be under \Windows) and delete *all* the files in ther
    >>(keep any *.txt log files you may need) and restart ZA. It will ask for
    >>authorisations for your programs again but should only happen the first
    >>time. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA at startup' option again so ZA
    >>starts automatically at boot.
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>
    >>Bill
    >
    > Thanks muchly Bill. I wonder if it is worthwhile downloading Ver 5.

    My pleasure. :-)

    I have version 5 (there was a new release a couple of days ago) on all my
    systems and haven't had any problems although some people have. The problem
    you're describing was resolved a couple of releases back although I can't
    remember when exactly.

    Regards

    Bill

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:59:56 GMT, phoenix
    <phoenix@fakeaddress.invalid> wrote:

    >On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:05:22 +1000, Avenger© wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:46:46 GMT, phoenix
    >> <phoenix@fakeaddress.invalid> wrote:

    >>>Hi
    >>>
    >>>It was a known problem with earlier versions of ZA. To resolve it you need
    >>>to delete the rules database and let ZA recreate it. To do that uncheck the
    >>>'Load ZA at startup' and reboot your PC then go to the \Internet Logs
    >>>directory (it should be under \Windows) and delete *all* the files in ther
    >>>(keep any *.txt log files you may need) and restart ZA. It will ask for
    >>>authorisations for your programs again but should only happen the first
    >>>time. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA at startup' option again so ZA
    >>>starts automatically at boot.
    >>>
    >>>Regards
    >>>
    >>>Bill
    >>
    >> Thanks muchly Bill. I wonder if it is worthwhile downloading Ver 5.
    >
    >My pleasure. :-)
    >
    >I have version 5 (there was a new release a couple of days ago) on all my
    >systems and haven't had any problems although some people have. The problem
    >you're describing was resolved a couple of releases back although I can't
    >remember when exactly.
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Bill

    Just downloaded and installed latest version and all appears okay so
    far. (said with fingers and toes crossed ;o)

    --
    Avenger©
    webweaver@CATihug.com.au
    "Put the CAT out to reply"
    *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

Firewalls Zap Permissions Networking