Why Does ZoneAlarm Pro Re-Ask Permissions??

Hi Group,

I have ZAP Ver 3.5.169.002 installed on a stable XP Pro system. When I
re-boot or re-start my Internet connection, ZAP re-asks for all
permissions I have previously granted in a prior session.

Anyone able to shed some light on why??

Cheers
--
Avenger©
webweaver@CATihug.com.au

phoenix

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:24:58 +1000, Avenger© wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> I have ZAP Ver 3.5.169.002 installed on a stable XP Pro system. When I
> re-boot or re-start my Internet connection, ZAP re-asks for all
> permissions I have previously granted in a prior session.
>
> Anyone able to shed some light on why??
>
> Cheers

Hi

It was a known problem with earlier versions of ZA. To resolve it you need
to delete the rules database and let ZA recreate it. To do that uncheck the
'Load ZA at startup' and reboot your PC then go to the \Internet Logs
directory (it should be under \Windows) and delete *all* the files in ther
(keep any *.txt log files you may need) and restart ZA. It will ask for
authorisations for your programs again but should only happen the first
time. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA at startup' option again so ZA
starts automatically at boot.

Regards

Bill

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:46:46 GMT, phoenix
<phoenix@fakeaddress.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:24:58 +1000, Avenger© wrote:
>
>> Hi Group,
>>
>> I have ZAP Ver 3.5.169.002 installed on a stable XP Pro system. When I
>> re-boot or re-start my Internet connection, ZAP re-asks for all
>> permissions I have previously granted in a prior session.
>>
>> Anyone able to shed some light on why??
>>
>> Cheers
>
>Hi
>
>It was a known problem with earlier versions of ZA. To resolve it you need
>to delete the rules database and let ZA recreate it. To do that uncheck the
>'Load ZA at startup' and reboot your PC then go to the \Internet Logs
>directory (it should be under \Windows) and delete *all* the files in ther
>(keep any *.txt log files you may need) and restart ZA. It will ask for
>authorisations for your programs again but should only happen the first
>time. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA at startup' option again so ZA
>starts automatically at boot.
>
>Regards
>
>Bill

Thanks muchly Bill. I wonder if it is worthwhile downloading Ver 5.
--

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:05:22 +1000, Avenger© wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:46:46 GMT, phoenix
> <phoenix@fakeaddress.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:24:58 +1000, Avenger© wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Group,
>>>
>>> I have ZAP Ver 3.5.169.002 installed on a stable XP Pro system. When I
>>> re-boot or re-start my Internet connection, ZAP re-asks for all
>>> permissions I have previously granted in a prior session.
>>>
>>> Anyone able to shed some light on why??
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>
>>Hi
>>
>>It was a known problem with earlier versions of ZA. To resolve it you need
>>to delete the rules database and let ZA recreate it. To do that uncheck the
>>'Load ZA at startup' and reboot your PC then go to the \Internet Logs
>>directory (it should be under \Windows) and delete *all* the files in ther
>>(keep any *.txt log files you may need) and restart ZA. It will ask for
>>authorisations for your programs again but should only happen the first
>>time. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA at startup' option again so ZA
>>starts automatically at boot.
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Bill
>
> Thanks muchly Bill. I wonder if it is worthwhile downloading Ver 5.

My pleasure. :)

I have version 5 (there was a new release a couple of days ago) on all my
systems and haven't had any problems although some people have. The problem
you're describing was resolved a couple of releases back although I can't
remember when exactly.

Regards

Bill

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:59:56 GMT, phoenix
<phoenix@fakeaddress.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:05:22 +1000, Avenger© wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:46:46 GMT, phoenix
>> <phoenix@fakeaddress.invalid> wrote:

>>>Hi
>>>
>>>It was a known problem with earlier versions of ZA. To resolve it you need
>>>to delete the rules database and let ZA recreate it. To do that uncheck the
>>>'Load ZA at startup' and reboot your PC then go to the \Internet Logs
>>>directory (it should be under \Windows) and delete *all* the files in ther
>>>(keep any *.txt log files you may need) and restart ZA. It will ask for
>>>authorisations for your programs again but should only happen the first
>>>time. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA at startup' option again so ZA
>>>starts automatically at boot.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>
>>>Bill
>>
>> Thanks muchly Bill. I wonder if it is worthwhile downloading Ver 5.
>
>My pleasure. :)
>
>I have version 5 (there was a new release a couple of days ago) on all my
>systems and haven't had any problems although some people have. The problem
>you're describing was resolved a couple of releases back although I can't
>remember when exactly.
>
>Regards
>
>Bill

Just downloaded and installed latest version and all appears okay so
far. (said with fingers and toes crossed ;o)

--
Avenger©
webweaver@CATihug.com.au
"Put the CAT out to reply"
*I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

TRENDING THREADS