Extremely slow sims game and crashing

ktrae14

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hello,
I've had the sims game for about 3 years. It worked like a charm for the first two years but for the past year it's been going VERY VERY slow. To the point where it's unplayable. Along with slowing down it also crashes every 10 minutes.. I've looked for solutions and tried a lot but none of them worked. I just need someone to do it for me! I really don't want to have to spend 40 dollars on a new game. I really enjoy this game when it works and i'd like to continue to be able to play it.. HELP!!!!!!!

viktor41

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013

If you have The Sims 3 and you have new PC, Graphic card is buged. And i don't know solution... Just set your settings on low

I've read that over time the Sims 3 performance slows down no matter how powerful your PC may be. It seems to happen if you play the same game for a long period of time. Meaning you continually play the same neighborhood over time over several "sims generations".

I think it has to do with all the memories that all sims accumulates over time. Even after sims die their memories are still saved. I suppose after a while all those accumulated memories simply slows down the PC to a crawl.

I assume if you try to just start a completely new game the performance will go back to normal. Also, the more expansions you have installed the sooner it seems performance slows down. I believe there were a lot of complaints about the "Generations" expansion causing a lot of performance issues because that expansion simply created too many memories for all the sims.