Got my hands on a PSP today

Wotcha folks,

Today I was lucky enough to get my hands on a PSP with a Grand Turismo
demo and I was able to spend ten minutes with this little baby in a
GameStation store.

First of all, if you rushed to the game stores early this morning to get
your Nintendo DS then I pity you fool! ;-) Go and get your money back
because the PSP is going to be the thing to have and is going to kill
the DS dead!

The device is well balanced and feels very snug in your hands. The best
thing about is undoubtedly the screen. It's massive and gives you plenty
of space to enjoy the absolutely amazing graphics. They took my breath
away when I saw them, I really wasn't expecting them to look as good as
that at all.

I didn't have access to the device long enough to discover anything
about the battery life or anything like that, but the store attendant
(Whome the PSP belonged to...I'm still really curious as to how he got
one this early) said it was a good four hours minimum but generally much
longer.

To go back to the graphics, they have made me excited about the upcoming
GTA on the device. It's quite clear it's not going to be anything like
the GTA:Advance but something much much more sophisticated.

In case you can't tell...I'm sold on the device and I have preordered
mine. I travel around quite a bit on the train and if that Grand Turismo
game represents the caliber of games that are going to be available then
I don't think I will have another boring train ride again!!

Hope this helps you decide whether you want one or not.

--
_ __ _ _ _ _ _
| |/ / (_) | | | | | | |

    Keith H wrote:

    > Wotcha folks,
    >
    > Today I was lucky enough to get my hands on a PSP with a Grand Turismo
    > demo and I was able to spend ten minutes with this little baby in a
    > GameStation store.
    >
    > First of all, if you rushed to the game stores early this morning to get
    > your Nintendo DS then I pity you fool! ;-) Go and get your money back
    > because the PSP is going to be the thing to have and is going to kill
    > the DS dead!
    >
    > The device is well balanced and feels very snug in your hands. The best
    > thing about is undoubtedly the screen. It's massive and gives you plenty
    > of space to enjoy the absolutely amazing graphics. They took my breath
    > away when I saw them, I really wasn't expecting them to look as good as
    > that at all.
    >
    > I didn't have access to the device long enough to discover anything
    > about the battery life or anything like that, but the store attendant
    > (Whome the PSP belonged to...I'm still really curious as to how he got
    > one this early) said it was a good four hours minimum but generally much
    > longer.
    >
    > To go back to the graphics, they have made me excited about the upcoming
    > GTA on the device. It's quite clear it's not going to be anything like
    > the GTA:Advance but something much much more sophisticated.
    >
    > In case you can't tell...I'm sold on the device and I have preordered
    > mine. I travel around quite a bit on the train and if that Grand Turismo
    > game represents the caliber of games that are going to be available then
    > I don't think I will have another boring train ride again!!
    >
    > Hope this helps you decide whether you want one or not.
    >
    > --
    > _ __ _ _ _ _ _
    > | |/ / (_) | | | | | | |
    > | ' / ___ _| |_| |__ | |__| |
    > | < / _ \ | __| '_ \ | __ |
    > | . \ __/ | |_| | | | | | | |
    > |_|\_\___|_|\__|_| |_| |_| |_|

    I'm not into handhelds but my son bought a japanese one which he
    received today and he's over the moon. The Nintendo doesn't seem to
    come even close
    --
    Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
    Stop and Look

    "Keith H" <keith.h@keith.h> schreef in bericht
    > Wotcha folks,
    >
    > Today I was lucky enough to get my hands on a PSP with a Grand Turismo
    > demo and I was able to spend ten minutes with this little baby in a
    > GameStation store.
    >
    > First of all, if you rushed to the game stores early this morning to get
    > your Nintendo DS then I pity you fool! ;-) Go and get your money back
    > because the PSP is going to be the thing to have and is going to kill
    > the DS dead!
    >
    > The device is well balanced and feels very snug in your hands. The best
    > thing about is undoubtedly the screen. It's massive and gives you plenty
    > of space to enjoy the absolutely amazing graphics. They took my breath
    > away when I saw them, I really wasn't expecting them to look as good as
    > that at all.
    >
    > I didn't have access to the device long enough to discover anything
    > about the battery life or anything like that, but the store attendant
    > (Whome the PSP belonged to...I'm still really curious as to how he got
    > one this early) said it was a good four hours minimum but generally much
    > longer.
    >
    > To go back to the graphics, they have made me excited about the upcoming
    > GTA on the device. It's quite clear it's not going to be anything like
    > the GTA:Advance but something much much more sophisticated.
    >
    > In case you can't tell...I'm sold on the device and I have preordered
    > mine. I travel around quite a bit on the train and if that Grand Turismo
    > game represents the caliber of games that are going to be available then
    > I don't think I will have another boring train ride again!!
    >
    > Hope this helps you decide whether you want one or not.
    >
    > --
    > _ __ _ _ _ _ _
    > | |/ / (_) | | | | | | |
    > | ' / ___ _| |_| |__ | |__| |
    > | < / _ \ | __| '_ \ | __ |
    > | . \ __/ | |_| | | | | | | |
    > |_|\_\___|_|\__|_| |_| |_| |_|

    It all depends where your priorities lie... I still enjoy playing Mario
    games and innovative games like Yoshi's coming to the DS.
    If you suffer from the: "Omg!!11 Lewk at the graphics: I'm
    cumming!111"-syndrome, then you go buy your PSP. I don't see anything that
    interests me on the PSP, the games are all ports of the PS2 which I've
    already played ages ago. When playing Super Mario 64DS, you can feel the
    touch of Nintendo. The minigames, the new levels and the brushed-up graphics
    really give it a "new"-feel, so you never think you're actually playing a
    port. Furthermore, the fact that soon you can browse the internet using the
    stylus (probably supported by Nintendo, but possibly home-brew) really gives
    it a new appeal. I don't see how I'm going to do that with the PSP.
    I shouldn't be saying this, but if you want your games cheap you should also
    buy a DS... with a flashcard and passthrough you can easily burn DS roms and
    play them (but off course, you shouldn't do that, right?).
    I've got people complaining about the GBA only getting NES ports, and the DS
    mainly having the SNES/N64 lot to deal with, but what's the problem in that?

    Furthermore: please note that the DS isn't there to challenge the PSP... The
    Gameboy Advance 2 later this year probably will... The DS is for people who
    enjoy Nintendo games, and want to take a break from the popular EA-dominated
    game world.

    If you'd like to play games which make you smile and simply are innovative
    and _fun_, buy the DS.
    If you want a portable PS2, that's fine by me, but for the same money you
    can buy the PS2 hardware itself - playing exactly the same games with better
    graphics.

    "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message

> [...]
    > I've got people complaining about the GBA only getting NES ports, and the
    DS
    > mainly having the SNES/N64 lot to deal with, but what's the problem in
    that?

    > Furthermore: please note that the DS isn't there to challenge the PSP...
    The
    > Gameboy Advance 2 later this year probably will... The DS is for people
    who
    > enjoy Nintendo games, and want to take a break from the popular
    EA-dominated
    > game world.
    >
    > If you'd like to play games which make you smile and simply are innovative
    > and _fun_, buy the DS.
    > If you want a portable PS2, that's fine by me, but for the same money you
    > can buy the PS2 hardware itself - playing exactly the same games with

    Hey the chairman of Nintendo just called and said you forgot to list the
    price of the new DS and GameBoy Advanced 2. He will have to dock that from
    your paycheck this week.

    jesse

    I know I might get bitched at for this, but I don't plan on buying the
    PSP. I know its all about profits which is why they are making
    completely different disc size for the PSP but i would be wanting to buy
    it if you could run PS2 games in it. But I am a teenage working a part
    time job so I don't have the money to spend on both PS2 games and PSP
    games. I am a loyal supporter of Playstation I dislike the Xboxs size
    even compared to the regular PS2 its bulky even though it does store
    more info and what not but still. I am just going to save for a PS2
    because I know atleast it will be able to run PS2 games ((I hope)). I
    don't own any Gameboy model anymore as it was a waste of batteries and i
    beat all my games for it anyway and then I got a Playstation so the
    gameboy to me became obsolete and since when traveling on vacation I
    liste to my CD player and read a book I don't need a portable gaming
    device. I can understand little kids buying portables as they need to
    stay entertained and most of them arn't interested in books. PSP sounds
    great I have to admit that but I don't think I am going to purchase one.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Pecado Arcivers wrote:

    > I know I might get bitched at for this, but I don't plan on buying the
    > PSP. I know its all about profits which is why they are making
    > completely different disc size for the PSP but i would be wanting to buy
    > it if you could run PS2 games in it. But I am a teenage working a part
    > time job so I don't have the money to spend on both PS2 games and PSP
    > games. I am a loyal supporter of Playstation I dislike the Xboxs size
    > even compared to the regular PS2 its bulky even though it does store
    > more info and what not but still. I am just going to save for a PS2
    > because I know atleast it will be able to run PS2 games ((I hope)). I
    > don't own any Gameboy model anymore as it was a waste of batteries and i
    > beat all my games for it anyway and then I got a Playstation so the
    > gameboy to me became obsolete and since when traveling on vacation I
    > liste to my CD player and read a book I don't need a portable gaming
    > device. I can understand little kids buying portables as they need to
    > stay entertained and most of them arn't interested in books. PSP sounds
    > great I have to admit that but I don't think I am going to purchase one.

    Even though my son bought one all I have done is pick it up and look.
    I have never been into handhelds except to play the one and only
    mighty Tetris!
    --
    Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 02:46:39 GMT, Paul Heslop
    <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Pecado Arcivers wrote:
    >>
    >> I know I might get bitched at for this, but I don't plan on buying the
    >> PSP. I know its all about profits which is why they are making
    >> completely different disc size for the PSP but i would be wanting to buy
    >> it if you could run PS2 games in it. But I am a teenage working a part
    >> time job so I don't have the money to spend on both PS2 games and PSP
    >> games. I am a loyal supporter of Playstation I dislike the Xboxs size
    >> even compared to the regular PS2 its bulky even though it does store
    >> more info and what not but still. I am just going to save for a PS2
    >> because I know atleast it will be able to run PS2 games ((I hope)). I
    >> don't own any Gameboy model anymore as it was a waste of batteries and i
    >> beat all my games for it anyway and then I got a Playstation so the
    >> gameboy to me became obsolete and since when traveling on vacation I
    >> liste to my CD player and read a book I don't need a portable gaming
    >> device. I can understand little kids buying portables as they need to
    >> stay entertained and most of them arn't interested in books. PSP sounds
    >> great I have to admit that but I don't think I am going to purchase one.
    >
    >Even though my son bought one all I have done is pick it up and look.
    >I have never been into handhelds except to play the one and only
    >mighty Tetris!

    tetris rocked, that was the only reason i bought a game boy, mind i
    might consider one of these psp thingys for when i am on flights, will
    probably wait for the price to come down first,
    does anyone know what the release price in the uk will be?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    adcb wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 02:46:39 GMT, Paul Heslop
    > <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >Pecado Arcivers wrote:
    > >>
    > >> I know I might get bitched at for this, but I don't plan on buying the
    > >> PSP. I know its all about profits which is why they are making
    > >> completely different disc size for the PSP but i would be wanting to buy
    > >> it if you could run PS2 games in it. But I am a teenage working a part
    > >> time job so I don't have the money to spend on both PS2 games and PSP
    > >> games. I am a loyal supporter of Playstation I dislike the Xboxs size
    > >> even compared to the regular PS2 its bulky even though it does store
    > >> more info and what not but still. I am just going to save for a PS2
    > >> because I know atleast it will be able to run PS2 games ((I hope)). I
    > >> don't own any Gameboy model anymore as it was a waste of batteries and i
    > >> beat all my games for it anyway and then I got a Playstation so the
    > >> gameboy to me became obsolete and since when traveling on vacation I
    > >> liste to my CD player and read a book I don't need a portable gaming
    > >> device. I can understand little kids buying portables as they need to
    > >> stay entertained and most of them arn't interested in books. PSP sounds
    > >> great I have to admit that but I don't think I am going to purchase one.
    > >
    > >Even though my son bought one all I have done is pick it up and look.
    > >I have never been into handhelds except to play the one and only
    > >mighty Tetris!
    >
    > tetris rocked, that was the only reason i bought a game boy,

    we even had one of those watches with it on... virtually everyone in
    the family was addicted.

    mind i
    > might consider one of these psp thingys for when i am on flights, will
    > probably wait for the price to come down first,
    > does anyone know what the release price in the uk will be?

    amazon have it down as less than £200
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002S9JAM/026-4062708-4062854
    --
    Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:14:25 +0000, adcb wrote:

    ------ 8< snip ------

    > does anyone know what the release price in the uk will be?

    just use the usual "rip off britain" exchange rate... $1 = £1

    :-)
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:25:15 GMT, bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:14:25 +0000, adcb wrote:

    >> does anyone know what the release price in the uk will be?
    >
    >just use the usual "rip off britain" exchange rate... $1 = £1
    >
    >:-)
    Yeh that wouldnt surprise me, might get my cousing to send me one from
    america

PlayStation Video Games