ZoneAlarm Newest (v5.0.590.043): Is anyone *NOT* having pr..

Tags:
  • Firewalls
  • Security
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
June 25, 2004 5:05:41 PM

ZoneAlarm Newest (v5.0.590.043): Is anyone NOT having problems with any
of these available flavors which were "fixed" from ver 5.0.590.015? You
got your basic free version, your Pro version, your Security Sweet
version and your Anti-Virus (virii?) versions???

Unfortunately, all the material that seems to be readily available am
disgusting all the problems (problemii?) that's am happing to everyone.

If someone's doing the new thang, and they *not* have probem - can they
say how they did it to them for us all?

Manly thanks to all four thinking on some answers. (answerii?) You
Americans have such funny talking ways sometimes - but this is ok too.
--
Take off all Ziggy for great justice!
Someone sent us up the bug, all your

More about : zonealarm newest 590 043

June 25, 2004 5:05:42 PM

Sometime on, or about Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:05:41 -0500, Wakuna Matada
scribbled:

> ZoneAlarm Newest (v5.0.590.043): Is anyone NOT having problems with any
> of these available flavors which were "fixed" from ver 5.0.590.015? You
> got your basic free version, your Pro version, your Security Sweet
> version and your Anti-Virus (virii?) versions???
>
> Unfortunately, all the material that seems to be readily available am
> disgusting all the problems (problemii?) that's am happing to everyone.
>
> If someone's doing the new thang, and they *not* have probem - can they
> say how they did it to them for us all?
>
> Manly thanks to all four thinking on some answers. (answerii?) You
> Americans have such funny talking ways sometimes - but this is ok too.

I'm running the new version (Security Suite) and don't have any
problems that I've noticed.

You have to be careful about judging things by these types of groups.
The primary messages are from people with problems. Everyone who's
system is working fine, just don't bother to report that things are
OK.

Sam
June 25, 2004 11:21:57 PM

Sam wrote:

> Sometime on, or about Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:05:41 -0500, Wakuna Matada
> scribbled:
>
>> ZoneAlarm Newest (v5.0.590.043): Is anyone NOT having problems with any
>> of these available flavors which were "fixed" from ver 5.0.590.015? You
>> got your basic free version, your Pro version, your Security Sweet
>> version and your Anti-Virus (virii?) versions???
>>
>> Unfortunately, all the material that seems to be readily available am
>> disgusting all the problems (problemii?) that's am happing to everyone.
>>
>> If someone's doing the new thang, and they *not* have probem - can they
>> say how they did it to them for us all?
>>
>> Manly thanks to all four thinking on some answers. (answerii?) You
>> Americans have such funny talking ways sometimes - but this is ok too.
>
> I'm running the new version (Security Suite) and don't have any
> problems that I've noticed.
>
> You have to be careful about judging things by these types of groups.
> The primary messages are from people with problems. Everyone who's
> system is working fine, just don't bother to report that things are
> OK.
>
> Sam
Have you tried running Chkdsk with Fix Errors checked (or Norton
Disk Doctor if you have it)? I can't get it to work under the
..043 release. It never worked on the first release either.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 26, 2004 12:31:36 AM

"Wakuna Matada" <user@example.bot> wrote in message
> ZoneAlarm Newest (v5.0.590.043): Is anyone NOT having problems with any
> of these available flavors which were "fixed" from ver 5.0.590.015? You
> got your basic free version, your Pro version, your Security Sweet
> version and your Anti-Virus (virii?) versions???
>
> Unfortunately, all the material that seems to be readily available am
> disgusting all the problems (problemii?) that's am happing to everyone.
>
> If someone's doing the new thang, and they *not* have probem - can they
> say how they did it to them for us all?
>

> Manly thanks to all four thinking on some answers. (answerii?) You
> Americans have such funny talking ways sometimes - but this is ok too.
> --
> Take off all Ziggy for great justice!
> Someone sent us up the bug, all your
> firewall are belong to us!!!

I use 5.0.590.043 without any major problem. Others at the ZA Users Web site
have had lots of problems but seemingly fewer than with 5.0.590.015. Both
CHKDSK and CHKDSK /F work fine for me as do all my other programs. One minor
problem I have is that PerfectDisk doesn't work in "offline" mode. I hope
this will be fixed in a future release.

Ma No <===== talks funny too, but as soon as I swallow these potato chips
I'll do fine
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 26, 2004 4:05:14 AM

Wakuna Matada <user@example.bot> wrote:

>ZoneAlarm Newest (v5.0.590.043): Is anyone NOT having problems with any
>of these available flavors which were "fixed" from ver 5.0.590.015? You
>got your basic free version, your Pro version, your Security Sweet
>version and your Anti-Virus (virii?) versions???

I've got the latest version of ZoneAlarm Pro installed on 4 systems.
3 Win2k 1 XpHome. No problems.

Scott Peterson

--
According to the voices in my head
I'm completely sane.

53/586
June 26, 2004 4:18:17 AM

Wakuna Matada wrote:

> ZoneAlarm Newest (v5.0.590.043): Is anyone NOT having problems with
> any of these available flavors which were "fixed" from ver
> 5.0.590.015? You got your basic free version, your Pro version, your
> Security Sweet version and your Anti-Virus (virii?) versions???
>
> Unfortunately, all the material that seems to be readily available am
> disgusting all the problems (problemii?) that's am happing to
> everyone.
>
> If someone's doing the new thang, and they *not* have probem - can
> they say how they did it to them for us all?
>

> Manly thanks to all four thinking on some answers. (answerii?) You
> Americans have such funny talking ways sometimes - but this is ok too.

I tried running ZAP 5.0.590.043 on Windows XP, and it made my system
freeze up, just as the prior build did. That's the only problem I had
with it, but it's a rather, ummm, serious problem. ZAP 4.5 works fine
for me. Sygate is beginning to look really good on a go-forward basis.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 26, 2004 11:27:04 AM

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:15:10 -0700, Sam <srs2_11NOT@hotmailNOT.com>
wrote:

>You have to be careful about judging things by these types of groups.
>The primary messages are from people with problems. Everyone who's
>system is working fine, just don't bother to report that things are
>OK.

True enough, but there are enough complaints about ZA5 - any version -
to make this long time user stay away.
June 26, 2004 12:22:51 PM

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 00:05:14 -0700, Scott Peterson
<scottp4.removethistoreply@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Wakuna Matada <user@example.bot> wrote:
>
>>ZoneAlarm Newest (v5.0.590.043): Is anyone NOT having problems with any
>>of these available flavors which were "fixed" from ver 5.0.590.015? You
>>got your basic free version, your Pro version, your Security Sweet
>>version and your Anti-Virus (virii?) versions???
>
>I've got the latest version of ZoneAlarm Pro installed on 4 systems.
>3 Win2k 1 XpHome. No problems.

> Scott Peterson

I have the .043 version installed on a Dell 4550 Dimension and an HP
ZX5078 laptop. To test the problem people have been reporting, I
first tried Norton. It reported an error when checking the Index
Status. I ask it to fix the problem, and Norton reported back that it
couldn't fix it without scheduling the fix on a reboot. I did that,
and when it came up I got the same run-around. I next tried running
chkdsk from a safe-boot command line. Same situation as Norton.
Could not fix the reported problem. After doing these checks, I could
no longer connect with the Internet. I tried everything short of a
system restore to get it working again. After several hours I even
considered reformatting the drive and starting over. One of the cold
re-boots finally got things back to normal. You can bet I am not
going to try that again.

Dick
June 27, 2004 2:59:15 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Nobody You Need To Know wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:15:10 -0700, Sam <srs2_11NOT@hotmailNOT.com>
> wrote:
>

>> You have to be careful about judging things by these types of groups.
>> The primary messages are from people with problems. Everyone who's
>> system is working fine, just don't bother to report that things are
>> OK.
>
> True enough, but there are enough complaints about ZA5 - any version -
> to make this long time user stay away.

Smart. I and some other ZA/ZAP users have done clean WinXP installs,
and still had problems. And the idiot Zoned Labs cheerleaders still
scream "CONFLICT!".
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 27, 2004 4:30:50 AM

"·" <sdglockman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Nobody You Need To Know wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:15:10 -0700, Sam <srs2_11NOT@hotmailNOT.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> You have to be careful about judging things by these types of groups.
> >> The primary messages are from people with problems. Everyone who's
> >> system is working fine, just don't bother to report that things are
> >> OK.
> >
> > True enough, but there are enough complaints about ZA5 - any version -
> > to make this long time user stay away.
>
> Smart. I and some other ZA/ZAP users have done clean WinXP installs,
> and still had problems. And the idiot Zoned Labs cheerleaders still
> scream "CONFLICT!".

Loaded ZA Security Suite about a week ago and haven't had one problem out of
it.
June 27, 2004 4:30:51 AM

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:30:50 GMT, "Bill Chaney"
<wchaneyiii@triad.rr.com> wrote:

>"·" <sdglockman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> x-no-archive: yes
>>
>> Nobody You Need To Know wrote:

>> > True enough, but there are enough complaints about ZA5 - any version -
>> > to make this long time user stay away.
>>
>> Smart. I and some other ZA/ZAP users have done clean WinXP installs,
>> and still had problems. And the idiot Zoned Labs cheerleaders still
>> scream "CONFLICT!".
>>

>Loaded ZA Security Suite about a week ago and haven't had one problem out of
>it.

But have you tried running CHKDSK/F with it installed?
June 27, 2004 4:30:52 AM

Sometime on, or about Sat, 26 Jun 2004 19:03:15 -0700, Dick scribbled:

> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:30:50 GMT, "Bill Chaney"
> <wchaneyiii@triad.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>"·" <sdglockman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> x-no-archive: yes

>>> Smart. I and some other ZA/ZAP users have done clean WinXP installs,
>>> and still had problems. And the idiot Zoned Labs cheerleaders still
>>> scream "CONFLICT!".
>>>

>>Loaded ZA Security Suite about a week ago and haven't had one problem out of
>>it.
>>

> But have you tried running CHKDSK/F with it installed?

I hadn't tried that before... ran it and nothing happened. So, I guess
I do have a little problem with the software after all.

Sam
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 27, 2004 7:38:43 AM

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:30:50 GMT, "Bill Chaney"
> <wchaneyiii@triad.rr.com> wrote:
>

> >"·" <sdglockman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> x-no-archive: yes

> >> Smart. I and some other ZA/ZAP users have done clean WinXP installs,
> >> and still had problems. And the idiot Zoned Labs cheerleaders still
> >> scream "CONFLICT!".
> >>

> >Loaded ZA Security Suite about a week ago and haven't had one problem out
of
> >it.
> >

> But have you tried running CHKDSK/F with it installed?

Did it and no problems.
June 27, 2004 11:15:35 AM

Bill Chaney wrote:

> "·" wrote:
>>
>> Smart. I and some other ZA/ZAP users have done clean WinXP installs,
>> and still had problems. And the idiot Zoned Labs cheerleaders still
>> scream "CONFLICT!".
>>
> Loaded ZA Security Suite about a week ago and haven't had one problem
> out of it.

Consider yourself lucky. From what I've seen on Usenet, in the Zone
Labs forums, and elsewhere, ZA/ZAP 5.0 is still unreasonably buggy.
This doesn't mean that ALL users will have problems with it, but enough
people are to point to a lousy product.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 27, 2004 1:38:34 PM

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 07:15:35 GMT, "·" <sdglockman@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Bill Chaney wrote:
>
>> "·" wrote:
>>>
>>> Smart. I and some other ZA/ZAP users have done clean WinXP installs,
>>> and still had problems. And the idiot Zoned Labs cheerleaders still
>>> scream "CONFLICT!".
>>>
>> Loaded ZA Security Suite about a week ago and haven't had one problem
>> out of it.
>
>Consider yourself lucky. From what I've seen on Usenet, in the Zone
>Labs forums, and elsewhere, ZA/ZAP 5.0 is still unreasonably buggy.
>This doesn't mean that ALL users will have problems with it, but enough
>people are to point to a lousy product.

It's really a shame that the founders, who really made an
outstanding product, had to grab the buck and run. It doesn't look
like the new owners have much interest in keeping up the quality of
the product.
!