DOWN WITH THE STICKY

<A HREF="http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25855" target="_new">It pisses me off when people try to pass someone elses work off as their own.</A>

This is a chunk of metal that goes on top of your CPU. Its only purpose is to transfer heat from the CPU, to the water, and is probably the most important part of the system. If you want to upgrade, this is the thing to change. They are designed to get optimal heat transfer, and move the heat from the CPU to the water in the most effective way possible
Sound familiar?

Yes, yes I do.

Yeah, you’re right about what you said in the PM. I didn't think so at the time, but yeah...stickies should only come from members who have been posing regularly for at least 2 months (or there abouts)

I've decided to put it on hold while I learn GUI (which I'm doing this term at uni).

It was too slow, and boring to play using text input.

The code is available for anyone, if they want to see my efforts.

dglew

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2004
Look, I wasn't trying to plagiarise anyone. I might have accidently deleted stuff while I was rewording it to be more concise but I've been really busy with school and work. I realize that's no excuse but I wasn't trying to pass someone's work off as my own. Give me a chance. You COULD have just asked.

The mental hospital...sorry I mean, happy place, want him back.

If your going to make a guide, make it yourself. You were plagiarising, thus during my travels around the internet I found the original.

You are a bad man...a BAD MAN :tongue:

dglew

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2004
Yes, I realize what I did was stupid. HOWEVER, I tried to make it right by putting up credits. I do have a PM from the original author saying he doesn't care if I give him credit or not. That being said, I thought putting up that guide would get a load of a lot of people's backs because they wouldn't have to answer the same questions over and over. I don't think there's anything wrong with posting something if it helped you as long as you give credit - which I TRIED to do.

...BAD MAN

I'd much rather the community have all its content to be original and not copied from somewhere else.

This is obviously the opinion shared by other forum members, and the web master, as the sticky was removed.

Anyway, I see you have made your apology, so that's that. All done, I don't think anyone is going to hold a grudge against you.

See what I mean? He thinks he's going to be a vet! :tongue:

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Just learn from your mistake and dont let it happen again. Even if you have the authors consent, it was given after the fact. Your credibility has been damaged, and it will take some time for that to go away. Your intentions may have been ok, but your actions were not.

Sorry dude, I didn't realise you'd passed the exam. In that case, let's crack open a box of AMD Athlon 64 3500's and get drunk overclocking them! - Actually, no - the nerd factor of that statement was around 7/10 thus I retract the above statment.

Instead, let's get drunk! Well done.

"boring day of work at THGC" - What? You work at THG? :eek:

0 stranger
25 newbie
50 journeyman
100 member
200 enthusiast
400 addict
700 old hand
1100 nimble knuckle
1600 Honorary Poster
2200 Faithful Poster