Whats up with frostbite 2 ??

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
i had played both bf3 and moh wf on my old shitty hd 5450 previously on 1024*768 res at low-med settings with accaeptable frame rates of
min- 28
max-47
avg-38......
now i have changed my gpu (the rest of my rig being the same) to a 9800gtx....

today i reinstalled bf3 and moh wf......
now...i am experiencing horrible stuttering and extremely macabre frame rates....
my settings are ALL LOW(in both games) and resolution of 640*480.......(omg).....
and the frame rate i am experiencing(exactly same for both bf3 and moh wf)
min-2
max-14
avg-6.......and to add to my worries, the frame rate never stays constant....there is extreme voice stuttering and slowdowns........
BEFORE SUGGESTING ME TO UPGRADE MY RIG, PLEASE NOTE THE SETTINGS I M PLAYING ON...

can somebody provide a plausible fix....please.....
i am pisssed.....hooof....
thnxxxx.....

did you repair the hal? /repair install?
did you just swap out the old card and insert the new ...
try leaning the registry and if that doesnt work then repair install.
also make sure your not running hd textures as the 98gtx only has 512mb ram so make sure you turn them off and make sure dx11 is disabled properly not just grayed out. (grayed out means its on so you will have to edit the config file and set it to 0 from 1)
the reason it may be on is i think your old card was dx11 compliant. even though it didnt have enough grunt to run dx11 feature sets.

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
how to install the repair? and where to find the config file for editing?
(i am not using any update or any hd texture pack and i am in singleplayer mode)

and it has been 6 months since i changed my card.(i formatted my pc 7-8 times in that interval, so its not a problem people face while changing gpu's)

as for more info-
i presently run crysis2 at a res of 1366*768 on hardcore with avg frame rate of 58.(never dipping below 39)

witcher 2 on same res and ALL ultra (ubersamplig off) with avg 32.

i have tried 12 different drivers for nvidia with no avail. i even hellishly overclocked my gpu...still no good......hoof....

armageddon007

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
i performed a fresh install.....defragmented all my disks.....closed any unnecessary application in the background and the frame rates went up.

BUT NOW, THE STUTTERING HAS WORSENED....

whenever i turn, my screen stucks for 1-2 seconds and it goes brrr...brrr...brrr...
this **** happens eveytime i turn or move or zoom in the weapon.......making the game totally unplayable........(i am on single player mode)

i tried possible commands like:-
framerate limiter to 59.95
renderaheadlimit 1
triplebufferingenable 1....etc

they didn't help me at all.....
when my screen doesn't stutter, i get a frame rate of 95-118......on everything low at 640*480....

i toyed with settings in game like vsync and punkbuster with no avail.......
please can somebody help me.........

**** stuttering.........pls help.....